File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
i resubmitted it on 5th july , and i didnt manually sign it . i signed it electronically . and clicked on validate and it got validated . i havent received any message regarding the schedule A again !
The instructions on the checklist (remember that in your application pack) to electronically sign it.

I think what they are looking for now, at the end of the process is a signed proclamation. So the instructions this time state specifically ‘upload a signed copy’ to GCKey.

Note also that there is a brand new Schedule A form, which was released just last month!!

Update: BE CAREFUL!!

When I downloaded, there was a new form, dated June 2019, which does NOT have a Validate button!

However... I just rechecked and redownloaded it (from the 'get my application pack (for UK)' page on IRCC, and the 2018 version is now downloading from the link, which DOES have the validate button. I'm confused...!

Update... the version I got came from: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf
(somehow!)

However, the one directly from IRCC comes from here (and is older): https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/eimm5669e.pdf

The difference being, the 'e' infront of the filename...?!?!

OK - FINAL update.

There is a thread here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/form-imm5669-or-eimm5669.577480/

Asks the difference between imm5669 and eimm5669 - both SEEM to be acceptable. So you should be ok with the 'imm5669' (the one with the 'Validate' button) as it is what is included in the pack. Don't know how I ended up with the one I did!

:O

Last edited:
Reactions: Netraam

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
Ya, and this is where I got confused" electronically vs originally. I am also reading different takes on this...
I agree it’s confusing - but as the only way they give you to deal with this is via the GCKey portal, and I think also says not to mail it (or on my letter it does anyway, others letters may vary!) - the only way I could do it is fill, print, sign, scan, upload.

Ivytana

May 26, 2019
Hi can.. Someone please help me regarding to my case... the date of our marriage certificate is feb 20 2019 but my husband exit the Philippines in feb 10 2019. We actually got married in jan 18, 2019 via Civil wedding but unfortunately the mayor did not come for emergency and his voce mayor who perform our ceremony the the mayor sign our marriage certificate on feb 20 2019 ..Can i provide a explanation letter and attached to my application or what should i do. .? Please help me

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
Hi can.. Someone please help me regarding to my case... the date of our marriage certificate is feb 20 2019 but my husband exit the Philippines in feb 10 2019. We actually got married in jan 18, 2019 via Civil wedding but unfortunately the mayor did not come for emergency and his voce mayor who perform our ceremony the the mayor sign our marriage certificate on feb 20 2019 ..Can i provide a explanation letter and attached to my application or what should i do. .? Please help me
Is this better in its own thread? It could get lost in here. In its own thread, you might find more views.

Good luck - in my experience, if you say something you usually have to back it up with some evidence. So if you say this is the situation, is there any way to verify this with the Mayor's office. However, that is only my first thought. Maybe see if there is someone on this forum with experience. Make the title - 'Please help - marriage licence date and wedding date are different' or something - there must be others who have legally married but celebrated their marriage on different dates (e.g. wedding festivals etc)

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
The instructions on the checklist (remember that in your application pack) to electronically sign it.

I think what they are looking for now, at the end of the process is a signed proclamation. So the instructions this time state specifically ‘upload a signed copy’ to GCKey.

Note also that there is a brand new Schedule A form, which was released just last month!!

Update: BE CAREFUL!!

When I downloaded, there was a new form, dated June 2019, which does NOT have a Validate button!

However... I just rechecked and redownloaded it (from the 'get my application pack (for UK)' page on IRCC, and the 2018 version is now downloading from the link, which DOES have the validate button. I'm confused...!

Update... the version I got came from: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf
(somehow!)

However, the one directly from IRCC comes from here (and is older): https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/eimm5669e.pdf

The difference being, the 'e' infront of the filename...?!?!

OK - FINAL update.

There is a thread here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/form-imm5669-or-eimm5669.577480/

Asks the difference between imm5669 and eimm5669 - both SEEM to be acceptable. So you should be ok with the 'imm5669' (the one with the 'Validate' button) as it is what is included in the pack. Don't know how I ended up with the one I did!

:O
Sweet Lord, this is getting REAL confusing now! Gotta read this over a couple of times : )

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Called up ircc today. No info on why my application hasn’t been transferred. Application is still in bgc. Got a job offer for end of September and pretty sure I’m going to lose it because the visa won’t be done in time :( loosing all faith in this system.

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Called up ircc today. No info on why my application hasn’t been transferred. Application is still in bgc. Got a job offer for end of September and pretty sure I’m going to lose it because the visa won’t be done in time :( loosing all faith in this system.
So they began the BGC before the application was transferred? Ours was transferred to Mex City on Feb.28 and just today I was informed that they are finally processing the BGC. After four and a half months.

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
Lots going around about the Schedule A and how to sign it.

The FORM says ‘typing your name is an electronic signature.’ However; the letter from IRCC in my GCKey account says specifically that I might sign it using a real hand signature. And as they say ‘upload, don’t mail’ as well, the ONLY option, no matter what the form says on it, is to sign it and scan it and upload it.

I downloaded a different version of the schedule A form (a newer one, marked ‘eimm5669’ instead of ‘imm5669’) which only has a signature box, no verification button and says nothing about typing a signature.

You have to go by SPECIFICALLY what they ask for in the GCKey letter. That overrides anything on the forms.

I think what they are looking for is ‘ok, you said this was your history, we want your signature against it for our records.’

Typing your name can’t be upheld in a court of law as easily.

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017

The FORM says ‘typing your name is an electronic signature.’ However; the letter from IRCC in my GCKey account says specifically that I might sign it using a real hand signature. And as they say ‘upload, don’t mail’ as well, the ONLY option, no matter what the form says on it, is to sign it and scan it and upload it.

I downloaded a different version of the schedule A form (a newer one, marked ‘eimm5669’ instead of ‘imm5669’) which only has a signature box, no verification button and says nothing about typing a signature.

You have to go by SPECIFICALLY what they ask for in the GCKey letter. That overrides anything on the forms.

I think what they are looking for is ‘ok, you said this was your history, we want your signature against it for our records.’

Hmm. I filled out the imm5669, validated it, printed it, signed it and scanned it. So you think I should have used the eimm5669 instead? Oh man, like I said before... Confuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusing

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017

Also, in the instruction letter, it clearly states the form as following:

"Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature"