FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
The thing is to be able to complete a masters in my field of study i.e Accounting, there is a requirement to complete pre requisites in form of a post bacc dip., no one can get a masters admit without that, that is the very reason prestigious uni's like ubc offer a pg dip in it. Otherwise I would have went for a masters only. My only other option is MBA, that to a general one not with accounting specialization
That's understandable. So like in your other post, @canuck78 suggested you can withdraw your application, which seems like the best course of action now. Once the attestation system is in place, you can then decide based on it how you want to proceed and not have to stress about it right now.

Reactions: canuck78

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
That's understandable. So like in your other post, @canuck78 suggested you can withdraw your application, which seems like the best course of action now. Once the attestation system is in place, you can then decide based on it how you want to proceed and not have to stress about it right now.
But what i am worried about is my file being stuck after applying for withrawal, since already my medical has been updated and eligibility and background has started, I am waiting for my file to be returned back by ircc as has been listed on their website, but it's trusting tgeor website that got me into this mess. So will wait out for another week for the file to be returned and then I will file for withrawal

gurmohit93

Feb 7, 2024
Hello, everyone. I'm having a struggle with this new update. I got an admission for the May intake at Conestoga College in Ontario for a two-year diploma program. School resumes on May 6th, and I am not sure if I can wait until March 31st, which is the deadline given to all provinces to work things out. before applying for a visa because I need to be in the country by April for the two-week orientation; waiting until March to apply for provisional attestation will jeopardize everything, particularly since I have already paid 9,300 cad in fees.

Please, I need some advice.
You may have to wait until 31st march and then lodge the file, but I think some of the students do not need an attestation letter, you can check if you are in the exempted list or not. However, if you are you have to get attestation letter from the province if you apply without letter your file may be returned by IRCC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But what i am worried about is my file being stuck after applying for withrawal, since already my medical has been updated and eligibility and background has started, I am waiting for my file to be returned back by ircc as has been listed on their website, but it's trusting tgeor website that got me into this mess. So will wait out for another week for the file to be returned and then I will file for withrawal
You don’t know how long it will take to be returned so would personally start the withdrawal process but your choice. If it wasn’t sent back right away there are no guarantees how long it may take.

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
You don’t know how long it will take to be returned so would personally start the withdrawal process but your choice. If it wasn’t sent back right away there are no guarantees how long it may take.
I that case I am hoping I would attach an attestation letter via web form or I will update the LOA. It will save me some money as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I that case I am hoping I would attach an attestation letter via web form or I will update the LOA. It will save me some money as well.
Seemed pretty clear that they will be returning the application no matter what so don’t think this will ever be a feasible plan

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
With the cap, IRCC is most likely to return rather than do ADR. Thousands more will be waiting in line, so there’s no point for IRCC to wait on incomplete applications. If you do get a PAL and submit via webform, that would alert IRCC that you submitted an incomplete application. Just my opinion, though.

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
With the cap, IRCC is most likely to return rather than do ADR. Thousands more will be waiting in line, so there’s no point for IRCC to wait on incomplete applications. If you do get a PAL and submit via webform, that would alert IRCC that you submitted an incomplete application. Just my opinion, though.
The only option left is to withraw then, can you explain how the procedure needs to be done and how long it takes, from my understanding I need to raise a web form for withrawal.

Techwhiz95

Sep 17, 2019
So this might be super random. But I was playing around with Google's Bard AI asking questions regarding this PAL requirement and at some point it gave me this answer and then I tried getting more details about it and it just went blank. Unless the AI messed up and this is some other existing system, I find it quite interesting.

Here's what you need to know about the current Ontario PAL process
  • Ontario International Student Portal (OISP): <invalid URL removed>
  • Eligibility: Most new post-secondary international students at the college or undergraduate level in Ontario, with some exceptions (graduate students, K-12 students, etc.)
  • Fee: $150 non-refundable application fee
  • Processing time: Up to 20 business days, potentially longer
  • Resources: Detailed information, eligibility criteria, application instructions, and FAQs are available on the OISP website: <invalid URL removed>
Remember, even with a PAL, your study permit application isn't guaranteed approval. However, it allows your application to be counted under Ontario's allocation within the national cap.

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
Yes send a webform asking for application to be withdrawn.
OK, before I could have withraw my application I have recieved an ADR, for first year tution fee payment receipt, since ubc does not accept advance payment of tution fee the same can't be paid untill March end. What should I do in this situation now??

andrew999

Feb 13, 2024
I got admission into Mohawk college for September , now they require that i make a deposit of 2,200$ before 14th feb, which is tomorrow
I'm confuse if i should pay or not because I write then an email that they should assure me that they could give me attestation letter
and they reply that they don't have any information yet about that because Ontario is yet to release how to get their yet
what should i do? I confuse , should i just make the payment or just watch the admission go by

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got admission into Mohawk college for September , now they require that i make a deposit of 2,200$ before 14th feb, which is tomorrow
I'm confuse if i should pay or not because I write then an email that they should assure me that they could give me attestation letter
and they reply that they don't have any information yet about that because Ontario is yet to release how to get their yet
what should i do? I confuse , should i just make the payment or just watch the admission go by
The school has nothing to do with the attestation letter. They cannot give you one nor say it will be approved. You will apply through the province of Ontario. You need government approval. A deposit is always required. If permit is refused, you should get most of your money back. Read the refund policy.