+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attestation letter requirement

Jumaij

Feb 16, 2024
I think my case is different, I got admission since last and I had made payment but I had to defer due to the long awaiting time for Visa applications. Apparently, school gave me my last deferral which is April. And provinces won’t be releasing attestation letter until March 31st. Isn’t there any way around this thing?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think my case is different, I got admission since last and I had made payment but I had to defer due to the long awaiting time for Visa applications. Apparently, school gave me my last deferral which is April. And provinces won’t be releasing attestation letter until March 31st. Isn’t there any way around this thing?
Did you apply for a study permit prior to January 22?

Jun 1, 2018
Helo everyone, my LOA was issued November, but submitted my visa application to IRCC 30th of Jan, I was not aware of the new laws and deadline. please what should i do

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Helo everyone, my LOA was issued November, but submitted my visa application to IRCC 30th of Jan, I was not aware of the new laws and deadline. please what should i do
Nothing. Your permit should be refused but you never know. Provinces have not released requirements/steps for letters of attestation. Once process is released, apply and then included with your study permit application (if haven’t received a response) or if refused then reapply.

Godson080

Mar 2, 2024
Hello please I need help about my Post secondary program. I already received my LOA and I got admission for March 23 intake . I haven’t applied for my study permit yet and we’re already in march waiting for the provincial attestation letter. Is this going to affect my visa application for the study permit ? . Please i need clarity about this. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello please I need help about my Post secondary program. I already received my LOA and I got admission for March 23 intake . I haven’t applied for my study permit yet and we’re already in march waiting for the provincial attestation letter. Is this going to affect my visa application for the study permit ? . Please i need clarity about this. Thank you
What school has a March intake? Are you saying school starts in 3 weeks? Nothing to clarify, you need letter.

Godson080

Mar 2, 2024
What school has a March intake? Are you saying school starts in 3 weeks? Nothing to clarify, you need letter.
The school is CIMT and I was preparing my documents to apply for the study permit before they came up with the attestation letter of a thing . I hope it not going to affect the admission ? .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The school is CIMT and I was preparing my documents to apply for the study permit before they came up with the attestation letter of a thing . I hope it not going to affect the admission ? .
Isn’t CIMT a private school with no PGWP. If so, you will never get approved letter of attestation.

Oladeep

May 13, 2020
What will happen to May intake bcos Time factor from April to May 6 is not visible. And some applications have been refused bcos of the PAL which no one know the procedure to get one yet... Something that will ease the both sides must be reach.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What will happen to May intake bcos Time factor from April to May 6 is not visible. And some applications have been refused bcos of the PAL which no one know the procedure to get one yet... Something that will ease the both sides must be reach.
There really is no May intake. You defer.

skillz46

Mar 7, 2024
Hi, I'm just wondering: I have already obtained my study permit in 2023/11/23, but I haven't traveled yet due to my military service, and I'm working on postponing it.
I got an admission form from Seneca Polytechnic (Ontario) for the May intake (2024) and paid them fees of 9000 cad (first semester). I'm planning to travel this March or April.
So do I need an attestation letter (PAL)? please help

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I'm just wondering: I have already obtained my study permit in 2023/11/23, but I haven't traveled yet due to my military service, and I'm working on postponing it.
I got an admission form from Seneca Polytechnic (Ontario) for the May intake (2024) and paid them fees of 9000 cad (first semester). I'm planning to travel this March or April.
So do I need an attenuation letter (PAL)? please help
No you don’t need letter.

Reactions: skillz46

skillz46

Mar 7, 2024
No, you don’t need a letter.
Thanks for your response.
If I want to change the program I got from Seneca to the September intake (2024), this is going to be the same (that I still don't need an attestation letter), right?
because I got my study permit before this decision, right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response.
If I want to change the program I got from Seneca to the September intake (2024), this is going to be the same (that I still don't need an attestation letter), right?
because I got my study permit before this decision, right?
Are you changing schools or programs or deferring start date?