+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attestation letter requirement

GodwinOse

Jan 23, 2024
Hello, everyone. I'm having a struggle with this new update. I got an admission for the May intake at Conestoga College in Ontario for a two-year diploma program. School resumes on May 6th, and I am not sure if I can wait until March 31st, which is the deadline given to all provinces to work things out. before applying for a visa because I need to be in the country by April for the two-week orientation; waiting until March to apply for provisional attestation will jeopardize everything, particularly since I have already paid 9,300 cad in fees.

Please, I need some advice.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, everyone. I'm having a struggle with this new update. I got an admission for the May intake at Conestoga College in Ontario for a two-year diploma program. School resumes on May 6th, and I am not sure if I can wait until March 31st, which is the deadline given to all provinces to work things out. before applying for a visa because I need to be in the country by April for the two-week orientation; waiting until March to apply for provisional attestation will jeopardize everything, particularly since I have already paid 9,300 cad in fees.

If you have not applied for a study permit then you must wait until March 31. Is this a post grad program, there is some grey area if you need a letter of attestation so wait a couple of weeks for more information. I think schools will be looking at refunds and deferrals. Also provinces are being capped on the number of students so that is why there needs to be a letter of attestation. Provinces may put their own parameters of what students in what programs will be accepted.

Reactions: YVR123

AnnieLeonhart

Jan 25, 2024

I'm having a pretty similar situation. Got accepted for a May intake program at Conestoga. Have already paid my tuition fee for one year which cost me around 18,028 CAD. Now, I'm just waiting for any updates regarding the visa approval. Don't know when these provinces will start giving out the attestation letters or if we'll be able to get them by this month. They should at least exclude students who have their process going on for the May intake and have already received their acceptance letters from college. I hope things work out soon in our favour.

Reactions: Joseph Okyere
Oct 20, 2023
Do study permits that were applied in late 2023 before the new 2024 attestation rule still need to webform the attestation letter? be they're only releasing it in march so what happens to study permits that were applied before 2024 and still haven't gotten a verdict, I applied in october 2023 and have yet to received word on my application but do I now need an attestation letter which only comes out in march??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do study permits that were applied in late 2023 before the new 2024 attestation rule still need to webform the attestation letter? be they're only releasing it in march so what happens to study permits that were applied before 2024 and still haven't gotten a verdict, I applied in october 2023 and have yet to received word on my application but do I now need an attestation letter which only comes out in march??
Yours will still be processed. If refused and you apply again, you will require a letter

julietnk

Jan 25, 2024

We are in the same ordeal so to say in my own case I paid 9500 CAD and even have some funds in GIC. I'm perplexed right now was to submit my application this week and the announcement happened. It's a bad blow to May's intakes

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are in the same ordeal so to say in my own case I paid 9500 CAD and even have some funds in GIC. I'm perplexed right now was to submit my application this week and the announcement happened. It's a bad blow to May's intakes
What kind of program are you planning on attending? Post grad diploma or something else?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
College Diploma ( Business Marketing)
So then you need to wait for the attention letter process to be stood up before you can submit and application and also have to obtain the actual letter before you can apply.

julietnk

Jan 25, 2024
So then you need to wait for the attention letter process to be stood up before you can submit and application and also have to obtain the actual letter before you can apply.
i get that and i appreciate the response but the visa time frame it can't meet up May's intake most likely i request a deferral my opinion but what would you suggest someone in my plight do...?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i get that and i appreciate the response but the visa time frame it can't meet up May's intake most likely i request a deferral my opinion but what would you suggest someone in my plight do...?
I understand your question now. I would suggest waiting a bit longer. The drop dead date for provinces to create the attestation process is end of March. But provinces may very well do it faster. I'm confident schools are putting the province under pressure to sort the process out asap. So I would wait another month or so. If the process isn't stood up by then or you don't have an attestation letter by then, then it probably makes sense to defer to the next semester.

Reactions: julietnk

767mph

Jan 25, 2024
What kind of program are you planning on attending? Post grad diploma or something else?
Hi, I’m planning on attending a graduate certificate program, do I also wait for the letter of attestation? Everything happened so fast so fast and I was about to submit my application

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I’m planning on attending a graduate certificate program, do I also wait for the letter of attestation? Everything happened so fast so fast and I was about to submit my application
Yes, you need an attestation letter.

Jan 25, 2024
I'm in the same situation. In my case, I paid the GIC tuition and applied on January 23 at dawn. I don't know if I'm correct but what I understand is that my application will not be reviewed until after March, the date on which the new requirement will be implemented.

Reactions: Nafisa Shama Raisa