+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At Last ...Passport request Letter..

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thanks mitamata, you are right, I wasn't able to sleep yesterday, I even keept reading the email for several times.
it is for real the light in the end of a long tunnel, and by seeing Azadi husband getting his passport, I guess their bad sentence:"please note this does not gurantee a visa will be issued" is for real a standar sentence, so they won't hold reponsability.
Do you have any advice for landing in toronto?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I'm heading for Vancouver myself, so not really sure how it works in Toronto. But from what I understand, it should be a pretty simple procedure. The only thing is it could take a while if you're "lucky" enough to get there during the busy time of day. I think I'll end up getting that, my plane's arriving around 5 pm in the afternoon.

I bought my plane ticket today. Good grief, why are one way tickets so expensive? You'd think it'd be half the price of a return ticket, but no such luck. The travel agency I called actually suggested looking at return tickets because they might cost less! Weird. Anyway, hope you find an affordable one. When are you planning on flying?

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Well, if it is up to my husband, I will travel the second I get my passport back, without evening bothering myself packing my baggs..:))
If God wish and I get the visa this week, it will take 1 or 2 days to reach me by DHL, and I need a transfere visa to Frankfurt because I am traveling with lufthanza, so I guess I will be leaving toward the end of this month, because the begining of july is low season in my husband work, so we will be able to spend a week in Toronto , in Niagara falls before heading to windosr
1 way ticket with lufthanza is about 1135 $ witch is good, cause 2 way ticket in this season is about 1800$...and the transfer visa to frankfurt is 100$.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Lufthansa is nice :)
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/images/bsf5023/13cprc.jpg
A picture of your coming PR Card :))
Sucks you have to get a transit visa .. oh well.. I guess that's the last of your worries you will be on your way!

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
hahaha rrita yo tambien!!! mira u can book with British airways and u go to heathrow, u change planes and go with air canada, its 200$ cheaper and u dont need a visa de transit.

azadiiii am very happy for u!!!! itsa really great seems we all will be getting or visas on the same month!!!
looks like damascus is on the right mood:p viva damascus.

kingtreek

Star Member
May 14, 2009
GONGRATS,rorita_76,u made it girl,u had to .couse u passed from a lot ,couse the patiancy u had u held it strong,and Allah says,"I,beside the patiant ones"-so i wish u the best smooth way after all this ,and i am very happy ,really happy,i know u understand our feelings aswell,where we stand at,but inspite of it,every liitle good news that we get to hear from each other its gives us a hope its strengthness us thanku and all forumers that the way they act support each other as a big family without a border,)inshallah everything happens the way Allah wants for u,)--the world is small we might see all of us forumers in Canada behind a big table and remmember mhat we gone through inshallah ),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wish u luck)

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you Boncuk, I imagined myself in her place....:))
AllisonChains08, thank you for your wishes, all the best for you too..
kingtreek , thank you for your lovely word, as you said patient pays in the end, and I hope my good news give hope for other like other people good news used to return the hope to my heart and the peace of mind.
Now, the next step is getting the passport stamped from Damascus, if God wish this week...:)

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Ok..today is wednesday, and as far as I read and people told me, today they stamp the passport in Damascus...
I am acting stupid and checking my email each hour...but do they usualy send the email in the same day or later on...God it is so nervous breaking, this last step...

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Actually in the last couple days I am living technically on Nescafe...Boujasim do you think they send us an email today?
I know that if you are picking up the passport you need to be there at 2:30…
Can I ask you a favor, you a member in immigration.ca “finaly damscus timeline” I was just check in there, I am not a member, so I can post, but Tram1984 need an advice concerning the authorization to someone to pick up the passport, can you reply on her, she suffered a lot, and now she is in the end, I think her husband did the right things, can you reply to her please

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Yes me too and they are giving you a "bouquet" of red roses to apologize for the delay.
Boncuk sent us some heat I'm sure you would love to get rid of some.
I spoke to my husband last night he thanks everyone who in process of helping me and me feel better.
Rorita you are welcome to visit me any time and bring and everyone else with you we will have a huge party in my backyard and I'll be more happy to cook ( I only know how to barbecue!)

Cheers everyone!!!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
By the way did anyone noticed RASHA became a star memeber. Is it my immagination or did it changed from Hero to Star and what's the next one hehe