+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At Last ...Passport request Letter..

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
My mother just confirmed that they have the recent ikhraj Aely but one thing I don't understand some of the names there is a straight line over them but not all of them... What does it mean???

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
stupid embassy!

look this is confusing, today i was the nofos(vital statistics) registering my brothers son birth, i asked about registering a civil marriage in lebanon he told me it can be done, BUT u need to follow it coz alot of the ppl working there have no idea if its possible or not and some just go ahead and refuse it.

what u shud do is 1st, apply for ur marriage long form certificate from the Ontario registere general website i gave u, pay extra(30$ i think) and ull get in a few days,this is to save time.
then concerning ur ikhraj kayed, check with ur aunt if she knows the Mokhtar he can get her ur ikhraj kayed without any power of attorney.if not then u shud do a power of attorny for u aunt or husband only allowing him\her represent u in the nofos ya3ni a special power of attorny and NOT general(special will coast u 25$,general 50$).
when u register the marriage the embassy will give u(not right away after a week or 2) a letter that says u registerd ur marriage and ur marriage certificate with the information are sent to lebanon in the diplomatic courrier number.... date..., u scan this paper and send it to ur husband, he takes it and go to the ministry of foriegn affairs up to floor 3, and ask them about it, if it arrived they will give it to him and then he will need to go register it at the nofos.

concerning a passport, when u recive ur recent ikharj kayed, u cna use it.

u bring 4 recent passport photos(not canadian size,the lebanese)
ur ikhraj kayed and ur family ikhraj kayed,but note that u can wait till u register and get ur own family ikhraj kayed(u and ur hsband) or just get them the regular,the only difference is u will be mentioned married to ...... or not.it really doesnt matter.
and the finger prints, u do it at the embassy.
ull have to pay 40$ if u want it for one year or 200$ and will be valid for 5 years.
apply as soon as possible coz as i know they send the file to lebanon,the embassy does not issue passports.it might have changed now iam not sure.

btw u can go with ur canadian passport and ur ikhraj kayed and u wont pay nothing, u dont need a visa and u DONT need to pay 80$,i come with my venezuelan passport and i show them my SYRIAN i.d and they let me in for free and for 6 months.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
the lines on female names? it means they are married.so they delete the name coz the wife(maybe ur sister) has moved to her husbands ikhraj kayed

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I'm not married and they have a line over mine how come???? Do you think they did a mistake. They put line on all the female that's what my mom told me but they didn't indicated married or not.... I hope they didn't mix me up with one of my sister...

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
hek i dunno! ill have to ask, and ill tell u, it might be something normal and it might be a mistake i really have no idea.

look as u noticed,when it comes to lebanon,everything is mixed up,nothing is known,nothing is organaized, every ministry,person,office tell u a diff thing about the same issue, anyhow ill check with the mokhtar here and tell u tonight.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I applied for my long form on internet and god you know everything the cost was $30.00 and will be received within 30 days but now I'm getting confused with Ikraj Kayd because I'm looking at the Request of marriage registration and it said Husband personal and family civil registration. Also wife's personal and family civil registration.... Is that 2 ikhraj Kayd one only my name on it and the other included with my parents and sisters and brothers... Gee it's confusing!!!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Now thinking about we are 4 girls and 2 boys my brother first name initial like mine but he is married. Hopefully they didn't mix me up with him because I swear if they did I don't what I will do. Imagine someone is not married and they cross him by mistake woooowwwwwwww don't want even to think about it.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
haha, no worries.

look how this works, lets say ur from beirut and ur husband is from zgharta. u have the family number of 145(ra2m sijil) and ur husbands family has a family number of 17, what the nofos does is, cross u from ur familys ikhraj kayed and move u to ur husbands ikhraj kayed so u and ur husband will be issued a new civil record that mentions u both as husband an wife and both of u will have the familu number of 17 something(ur husbands) its like a new branch of his family. and u will be registed in zgharta,u have to make ur ikhraj kayed from there,vote there and everything.

understand now?

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Yes thank you boujasim but it still stupid when someone is married they should not only cross him on the list but rather put beside the name married. Wouldn't be easier to do that instead of crossing them on the list. Someone could be having hard time reading and woops crossed the wrong name by mistake wow I can't believe how the system works in Lebanon.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Poor Rorita !!! how on earth did u find that out??? you must have some connection. Did u get your visa!!!!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
You mean they will send email on friday or monday? friday they are off..

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
hahaha no querida,i didnt get the visa:p

and yes i have connections in almost every gov around the world(except canada,the uk and newzealand)
ur visa will be ready 2moro, but even if they send u an email the dhl will need 48 hours to bring it, maybe less, if less they will bring it 2moro and send it to u on friday or saturday, but if they didnt pick it up 2moro,friday and saturday is the weekend in syria and the embassy will be open on sunday, so DHL syria will pick it up on sunday and u will recive it on monday.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
OK, I see, but they will send me an email, because I need to go to DHL to make a new order with my B number , so they will go to the embassy and pick up passport, they didn't have the return envelop service

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
i know, when u know,jst call DHL it will take 5 mins for them to inform their office in damascus, dunt worry. but it will be till friday or sat for them to deliver the passport to u.

btw fi shi 2iltilik 3anno ma tolo3 mazbout?