+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At Last ...Passport request Letter..

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
hey there, yesterday I checked my email...and there it was..waiting for me. After 14 month, hopefuly that I am done and that nothing will come up. My passport along with the 2 pics are in their way to damscus via DHL, supposely they will receive them tomorrow, or Wednesday morning. the lady in DHL told me that Damascus usualy stamp passport only wednesday, so I am crossing my finger...My heart is still working double shift till today..:)))

Here is the text of the letter:
REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORTS

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in the final stages of processing and request that you send ORIGINAL valid passport for yourself to our office in Damascus, Syria. Please note, this does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Your passports MUST be received at our Embassy in Damascus no later than 30 days from the date of this letter. You are strongly encouraged to send your passport via courier to avoid wait times at the Embassy.

EXPECTED VISA EXPIRY DATE: 13 February 2010

If a visa is issued, it will be given the MAXIMUM VALIDITY of 13 February 2010 OR the expiry date of your passport whichever date comes first. You must arrive in Canada on or before this date, it cannot be extended or renewed.

SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT VIA COURRIER:

Please send your passport via commercial courier to:

Visa Section
Canadian Embassy
Autostrade Mezze
Lot 12, Near Alrazi Hospital
Damascus, Syria
(963-11) 611-6692

If you have submitted your application at the Embassy of Canada in Beirut, Your passport must be submitted directly to the Embassy of Canada in Beirut at the address below:
43 Jal el Dib Highway, Coolrite Building
P.O. Box 60163
Beirut, Lebanon

Telephone: (961-4) 713-900 / 710-576
Fax: (961-4) 710-594
Email: berut-im@international.gc.ca

Please note that the service hours of our embassy in Beirut are as follows
Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 11:00 (by appointment only)
Monday to Thursday: 13:00 – 15:00 (general inquiries and submission of additional documents)

Please enclose the following:
- Original passport for yourself
- 2 recent photos (35 mm x 45 mm, white background) for yourself
- If you prefer to send and receive your passport by courier it is your responsibility to make the appropriate arrangements with the company of your choice. The Embassy of Canada neither requires nor recommends that you use any particular courier; we have no special arrangements with any courier company. We have been informed that many courier companies are not able to deliver passports from Iran to the Embassy in Damascus; however, several applicants have reported that Aramex was able to send and receive passports with no apparent difficulty.

SUBMIT PASSPORT IN PERSON IN DAMASCUS:

Alternatively, you can approach the Canadian Embassy in Damascus with valid passport and two recent photos (35 mm X 45 mm, white background) for yourself.

Passports may be submitted Sunday to Tuesday from 9:30 am to 10:30 am. You will NOT be able to collect your Passport/Visa the same day. Passport/Visa can only be collected on Wednesdays at 2:30 pm. When you submit your passport, you will be informed of the return date and time.

Please present this email to the guards when you arrive. If you arrive late, you will be required to wait in the queue to submit your documents.

**NOTE: You can authorise a third person to collect your visa. The authorised person must present a letter of consent (see below) and identification.

Sincerely yours,

Visa Section

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Oh my god Rorita what did i tell you today. Now I can predict lol!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS. I'm so happy for you :0) Actually I'm in tears for such a great news especially with the long wait. Please don't forget your friends in this forum. You are one of a kind!!!! Also Boncuk and Rasha who I don't seem to see much these days and I hope they are both fine.
Nshallah I'm next :0)....
One question for your visa do you think you can get it from Beirut....

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena , you made me cry again (actually I didn't stop from yesterday..) and for sure I am not going to forget any one of you my friends,you, Boncuk, Rasha, boujasim, the Master PMM , Leon...sorry if I miss any name, because you all were the support and advice that keeped me in a stable mind in this long process.
I will always check this forum, give help as much as I can, because , and I am not saying this to say it, but for real this forum and all the good people that helped me in this process has made this passport request letter become a real things, because my lawyer were missing lot of stuff...he took our file for granted and didn't give much importance since he said that our case is easy...
And yes you were right about it...I still can't beleive it...but I told my husband something that I always say: don't sell the skin before you catch the bear...I am not going to assume that I am done until I hold the passport in my hand and see it with my own eyes...
Concerning the visa, I send the passport and the 2 pics to damscus via DHL, because it is where my file, if I wanted the passport to be stamped in beirut, I were to have transfere the file from damascus to beirut...witch I won't do it even if I had to walk to damscus , wait in the sun, stamp the passport and retun to beirut...:)))

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS MY SISTER RORITA!!!I am sooooooo happy for you my dear sister. That is amazing and LONG overdue news! I'm sure your hubby is sooooo excited! Inshallah won't take long to get back to you. I was very frustrated and pessimistic about alot today and you ABSOLUTELY made my day!!! I can't wait to sit with you in Windsor and have a nice cup of turkish coffee and chit chat. Would love for you to meet my kids! WALLAHY you made my day.. I'm as happy as I would be if it were my husband's visa :))) Fantastic!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Way to go girl!!!! Many tears for a Monday but a happy ending :0). I'll be thinking about you when i go to Lebanon wondering if you already in Windsor.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Boncuk it must be a blue day today... I'm wearing my sun glasses to read your post :0). You me and Rasha are next in the line. I guess they see us a lot on this forum so they want to get rid of us first lol!!!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Boncuk....I was using a tissue to swip my tears from Marlena post, but no use, I am crying all over now after your post.
THank , thank you, thank you...I hope you, Marlena Rasha and Boujasim are next.
I will be more than happy to meet you over a cup of turkish coffee and meet your children. Hopefuly my news will cheer other people like other people good news used to cheer me and put me into tears.
And I am going to say that, the friendship I have earned over this forum with you guys is really unique, each one is in a country, we never meet, we even don't know each other real name, but we build a friendship, a pure friendship that needs years to be build, a friendship based on our pain, suffer, fears, lonelyness...everyone was helping everyone without any bad intention, everyone used to spend hours over this forum in order to find answer for his question, and helped other in their question...
God bless you all

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU YA SALLLLLLAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM

WELCOME TO CANADA :)

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rasha good one!! BTW I was thinking they should add an airplane attached with a banner to say welcome to Canada so whenever someone receive a good news we can attached the message with the banner. Wouldn't be fabulous!

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
MABROUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it looks like me and u will get the visa on the same day:p hey lets meet up at the embassy and submit our passports on the same day:p

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hello nguyentu2001 , I will post my time line, but please don't cry for me :))...and don't take it as a standard timeline, cause bad luck isn't always there. To be clear I was in USA when I filed then returned Lebanon
Here it is:

Feb-25-2008: Sending file to CIC
April-30-2008: Sponsorship approved
June-4-2008: AOR from Buffalo
July-24-2008: Buffalo ordered transfer my file to Damascus since it wasn't finish and my time in USA as visitor finish
Jan-19-2009: E-cas Update to: Withdrawn instead of "in process" and a decision has been made
Jan-24-2009: Ordered CAIPs
Feb-12-2009: E-cas Updated:"in process" Start processing your file in Feb-12-2009 Medical received
Feb-26-2009: AOR from Damascus with new B number
Apr-1-2009: email requesting FBI and state clearance, re-establishing proof, and to pay for PRF
Apr-2-2009: receipt of PRF received in CIC
Apr-16-2009: CAIPs received (interview waived-relation genuine)
May-10-2009: Damascus received FBI and state clearance, re-establishing proof (lease and new business in Canada)
June-14-09: Passport request from Damascus
June-16-2009: Damascus expected to receive passport via DHL

Now I cross my finger...
Most useful advice:
1- MAKE RESEARCH FOR ANY AND EVRY SINGLE WORD, PAPER ...because this was our huge mistake, when we filed, I didn’t even know how to pronounce immigration, now I can open my own immigration office after spending 7 to 10 hour daily on the Google and forum, and my husband thought that our case is easy, we only take the word of our lawyer who himself took for granted as well our case.
If we did research, we were to avoid this lonnnnnng timeline by sending our file to Damascus from the beginning since I had only less than 9 month legal stay in USA, the file weren’t to be stuck in the mail system or I don’t know where for 6 month, from our life..
2-Don’t get anything for granted, treat this application as the most important things in your life.
3-You have to think how an immigration officer will think, I mean for him you are a stranger and he has all the right to dough anything you say.
4-Double check every single word you write in the application.
5-Educat yourself with info from here and there, because there is lot to know about immigration.
6-take a long breath, and teach yourself to be patient

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Good one Rorita, according to your time it took exactly 4 months since AOR received. If everything goes well with me I should hear something by August Otherwise I'll start pulling my hair...:0)