+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Yes I have TRV for next 5 years, multi entry
If it hasn’t expired, you still can use it for traveling outside Canada, but the government is clear about not traveling before you get your PR. Also, they tell you that when you come back to the country, the immigration officer can deny you to enter into the country. Even if many people do it, it’s risky. I also read that it’s ok to travel for less than a month and it’s better if you do it with the sponsor, not alone. For sure, I won’t travel, I prefer to reduce the risk of losing my PR process, I would just travel if there’s an emergency.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaLondon

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
I am not planning to leave canada but I just wAnted to know if I am allowed to stay and I dont want to break the rules of staying more then 6 months with my visitor visa
You don’t need to leave Canada until you receive your PR as I previously told you. That rule doesn’t apply. Don’t worry

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
If it hasn’t expire, you still can use it, but the government is clear about not traveling before you get your PR. Also, they tell you that when you come back to the country, the immigration officer can deny you to enter into the country. Even if many people do it, it’s risky. I also read that it’s ok to travel for less than a month and it’s better if you do it with the sponsor, not alone. For sure, I won’t travel, I prefer to reduce the risk of losing my PR process, I would just travel if there’s an emergency.
Thank you, me too I dont have to take that risk . Since I am in process for PR its better to wait and hopefully now the process is going much faster

Reactions: Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Thank you, me too I dont have to take that risk . Since I am in process for PR its better to wait and hopefully now the process is going much faster
Yes, I hope it will be fast, but I’ll be ok if it takes a year, it’s not too bad. Wish you good luck.

analoo

May 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019
Yes, I hope it will be fast, but I’ll be ok if it takes a year, it’s not too bad. Wish you good luck.
I agree. It would be better faster, but one year is not so bad. If you are working or studying to be ready when the PR comes, one year will go away quickly.

JenCan

Apr 22, 2019
Category........
FAM
it looked like people applied late may are getting aor already. so frustrating to wait! i don't know why they don't want to make it online for pr application at lease we know it's submitted

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
it looked like people applied late may are getting aor already. so frustrating to wait! i don't know why they don't want to make it online for pr application at lease we know it's submitted
I agree with you. They should have had someone to check the completeness and entered into the system every day.
All the agents at the call centre are not able to tell us what exactly the processing officers are doing or how they manage their files.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
The agent I spoke to today said, to them, applications are processed in chronological order...lol
She told me to wait for another 2 weeks...

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Guys, I’m sorry for telling you this, but it’s better if you try to understand that immigration agency doesn’t give deadlines and they don’t follow a strict chronological order to process applications, then, you just have to be patient and wait. They won’t solve your specific requirements all the time because that’s not their job, they see our immigration process more like a gift/privilege, it’s not a service that we just pay for it and we are entitled to demand them to do.

Last edited:

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Guys, I’m sorry for telling you this, but it’s better if you try to understand that immigration agency doesn’t give deadlines and they don’t follow a chronological order, then, you just have to be patient and wait. They won’t solve your specific requirements because that’s not their job, they see our immigration process more like a gift/privilege, it’s not a service that we just pay for it and we are entitled to demand them to do.
I know what you are saying, but the fact does not match with what client support agents told us. Anyway, we all know that it is not just receiving AoR, but it relates to a whole bunch of other things in our lives. I guess forgetting about the previous processing records would be more realistic.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I know what you are saying, but the fact does not match with what client support agents told us. Anyway, we all know that it is not just receiving AoR, but it relates to a whole bunch of other things in our lives. I guess forgetting about the previous processing records would be more realistic.
The call center agents give out misinformation all the time. Never trust them.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
The client support agents sometimes don’t have any idea about the applications and I don’t trust what they can tell us. I don’t think they’re well trained and it’s not like you’re talking to the agent assigned to process your application. I’m so sorry, it can be really frustrating, but we don’t know how much work the agents have had on this month and the spreadsheet doesn’t show all the applications, it just shows the users of the forum. I hope you’ll receive your AOR soon.

Reactions: Innd and Youthberry

JenCan

Apr 22, 2019
Category........
FAM
The client support agents sometimes don’t have any idea about the applications and I don’t trust what they can tell us. I don’t think they’re well trained and it’s not like you’re talking to the agent assigned to process your application. I’m so sorry, it can be really frustrating, but we don’t know how much work the agents have had on this month and the spreadsheet doesn’t show all the applications, it just shows the users of the forum. I hope you’ll receive your AOR soon.
the reason I'm frustrated is that they are processing May applicants when us who applied way before still on wait. i wouldn't be so frustrated when everything is consistent which you would have felt the same if your AOR was delayed when everyone else wasn't.
I understand cic agents work hard for the amount of work load but also I would get a lot of complaints if I work like cic agents more likely than hoping my clients would understand the situation

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
the reason I'm frustrated is that they are processing May applicants when us who applied way before still on wait. i wouldn't be so frustrated when everything is consistent which you would have felt the same if your AOR was delayed when everyone else wasn't.
I understand cic agents work hard for the amount of work load but also I would get a lot of complaints if I work like cic agents more likely than hoping my clients would understand the situation
The frustration your feeling is normal but impossible to avoid. It will always be this way. Some officers take sick days, holidays, some officers are more efficient than others, some have more or less of a work load than others - just the way it is. There will always be people who applied after you that will be approved before you.

Reactions: analoo and Hhaye