20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-05-2015
AOR received! ....April 17 applicant.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
I thought Hhaye was talking about how to link the application. I am trying to use ecas. :)
Yes, you’re right, but maybe it can work on ECAS because I think it’s a common typo of the agents when they type fast. I don’t really know if it will work, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

Reactions: Hhaye

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hello,

has anyone from you that sent the app in April already received AOR?

I have seen from prevoius years that it takes about 1 month to get AOR from the moment IRCC receives the app.
Is this still so or is it taking longer nowadays?

Does it have an influence if it is an inland Québec sponsorship?

Thank you in advance.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hello,

has anyone from you that sent the app in April already received AOR?

I have seen from prevoius years that it takes about 1 month to get AOR from the moment IRCC receives the app.
Is this still so or is it taking longer nowadays?

Does it have an influence if it is an inland Québec sponsorship?

Thank you in advance.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=684165570
Please check it.
You can add your info, too.

Reactions: Atecami

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Can anyone please confirm with me whether inland applicants need to do biometrics or not... I got different answers from different people...

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Can anyone please confirm with me whether inland applicants need to do biometrics or not... I got different answers from different people...
"If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. Your accompanying overseas dependents may need to give their biometrics." "Note: If you are physically present in Canada and choose to have your application as a Spouse or Common Law Partner processed overseas, you are not exempt from the biometric requirement." https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Reactions: analoo

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
It depends on your status in Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=717&top=19

"If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. Your accompanying overseas dependents may need to give their biometrics." https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html
How about the work permit?
When I use the online tool, it says I need to give biometrics if I am applying for a new work permit, but if I am applying for permanent residency, I don’t have to...
So I am wondering if any of you guys who applied for OWP also paid for biometrics?

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
How about the work permit?
When I use the online tool, it says I need to give biometrics if I am applying for a new work permit, but if I am applying for permanent residency, I don’t have to...
So I am wondering if any of you guys who applied for OWP also paid for biometrics?
No, do not worry, you do not need to provide biometrics for the moment, "since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted." https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

Hhaye

Mar 31, 2019
I thought Hhaye was talking about how to link the application. I am trying to use ecas. :)
Does ECAS work for you now? I see my application on ECAS first, and then I can link GCKey afterwards, then get AOR. Maybe if you use the sponsor's info on ECAS you will be able to find it, but I didn't know the sponsor's UCI until AOR, so if you know maybe that's something you can try.

And, yay! OWP approved. It's such a relief... So for those who are still waiting - it's going to come sooner or later.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Does ECAS work for you now? I see my application on ECAS first, and then I can link GCKey afterwards, then get AOR. Maybe if you use the sponsor's info on ECAS you will be able to find it, but I didn't know the sponsor's UCI until AOR, so if you know maybe that's something you can try.

And, yay! OWP approved. It's such a relief... So for those who are still waiting - it's going to come sooner or later.
No...not working.
I tried both sponsor’s UCI and the file number ... nothing worked.
Maybe tomorrow it will be different.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019

Congrats!

Reactions: Hhaye

analoo

May 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019
No...not working.
I tried both sponsor’s UCI and the file number ... nothing worked.
Maybe tomorrow it will be different.
It took a few days for many people. What made it work for me was only put information about the PA... AND remember to add the sponsor to the amount of people in the application: the sponsor (1) + the PA (1) + the dependants (?) = the number of "people in this application" that you should write.