+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
It’s probably not in the system yet, or not even opened. I don’t know exactly how they deal with the files before sending out AORs but stay hopeful.
Thank you. The agent told me they will send me AoR when they start processing my application, but he does not know how come some applicants got their AoRs much sooner.

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
Thank you. The agent told me they will send me AoR when they start processing my application, but he does not know how come some applicants got their AoRs much sooner.
But your application was received on 17 right, cause I checked on spreadsheet,, don’t worry this week you will receive,, you are not out of date

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
But your application was received on 17 right, cause I checked on spreadsheet,, don’t worry this week you will receive,, you are not out of date
Yes. On the spreadsheet, only one applicant got AoR. However, I was expecting to receive it by 6 weeks after the submission, which is the 28th of May. Now, I just hope that I can get my OWP approved before my visitor extension expires.

analoo

May 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019
Has anyone here been able to link their OWP but is still waiting on their approval? How long have you been waiting?
I linked the app to my account Saturday. Still in process. The AOR for the sponsorship was received May 29th.

Reactions: LaLondon

analoo

May 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019
I see. As long as it was not something unusual, I think mine is still ok. Finger cross!
At least, for what you said, they seem they will look for your process. Call again in a few days, if you don´t receive anything. They will understand for sure. Good luck

analoo

May 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019
My Work Permit was approved today! Well, it says yesterday, but I only found it now! I am so happy.
Just to share information:
- I see the number of the Work Permit document and the number of a new ETA. The OWP is valid for TWO years and the eTA for FIVE years.
When you click the question mark, a message shows up "Your document is valid until the date shown. You will see a message if your document expires. If your document expired, it means you can no longer use it to enter or stay in Canada." This means we can travel around. But I would use it wisely like everybody is saying the forum.
- This also means that, in Nova Scotia at least, now I can have a MSI, or be part of the health system, because they ask for a document valid for at least 12 months.

What a didn´t see:
- Any link that I can download a formal document that I can print and show anywhere.
- Any email.

Reactions: LaLondon

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
My Work Permit was approved today! Well, it says yesterday, but I only found it now! I am so happy.
Just to share information:
- I see the number of the Work Permit document and the number of a new ETA. The OWP is valid for TWO years and the eTA for FIVE years.
When you click the question mark, a message shows up "Your document is valid until the date shown. You will see a message if your document expires. If your document expired, it means you can no longer use it to enter or stay in Canada." This means we can travel around. But I would use it wisely like everybody is saying the forum.
- This also means that, in Nova Scotia at least, now I can have a MSI, or be part of the health system, because they ask for a document valid for at least 12 months.

What a didn´t see:
- Any link that I can download a formal document that I can print and show anywhere.
- Any email.
Congrats!
- They won’t send you a digital version of your OWP, but you can download your correspondence letter -it is the formal way to tell you that your OWP was accepted, from your messages in your online account.
- They will mail your printed OWP to your home. You can check times for the delivery on the spreadsheet, they vary a lot.
If you have a SIN number previously assigned, they will assign you the same number, but you will have to go to services and update your information with the information provided by the OWP. You will have to do it, it doesn’t matter if you have the same number.

Last edited:
Reactions: analoo

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
One question, now that I have OWP and tourist visa for 5 years, am I allowed to stay in canada more than 6 months or I still need to go out every six months ??

analoo

May 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019
It is somewhat the opposit.
You don´t have a tourist visa, as far as I understand. You have an implied status of temporary residence with the OWP during your PR process.
This means that you can stay here during the PR process (and I would say for the duration of your OWP)
The eTA only allows you to enter Canada if you leave. But everybody in this forum advise you to make that as minimum as possible, because you can loose your PR process if you don´t stay in Canada for the absolute majority of time.

Reactions: Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
One question, now that I have OWP and tourist visa for 5 years, am I allowed to stay in canada more than 6 months or I still need to go out every six months ??
OWP and TRV/ETA will not be valid anymore when you’ll receive your PR, and you won’t need them to travel, but you’ll need a valid PR card or PR travel document. For traveling, before you receive your PR -it’s supposed that you shouldn’t do it, but many people do it, you need your eTA/TRV.

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
OWP and TRV/ETA will not valid anymore when you’ll receive your PR, and you won’t need them to travel, but you’ll need a valid PR card or PR travel document.
Yes but until I get PR , cause in my work permit I dont see any eta there

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Yes but until I get PR , cause in my work permit I dont see any eta there
It depends if your country is visa exempt or not. eTA is for visa exempt and TRV is for countries which require visa. I don’t know what applies to you. I suppose that you have a TRV because they didn’t automatically issue an eTA with your OWP.

Last edited:

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
It depends if your country is visa exempt or not. eTA is for visa exempt and TRV is for countries which require visa. I don’t know what applies to you. I suppose that you have a TRV because they didn’t automatically issue an eTA with your OWP.
Yes I have TRV for next 5 years, multi entry

Reactions: Kits

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
I am not planning to leave canada but I just wAnted to know if I am allowed to stay and I dont want to break the rules of staying more then 6 months with my visitor visa