+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi CANMAPLE,

I'm planning to send my application on May 28. I wonder whether I should include these documents you mention below with my application? Application guide does not tell about sending those additional documents.

a) Enclose documents that prove that you have indeed resided in Canada from 2012-2015. These documents could have been in the form of mortgage or lease agreement.
b) Failed to Include Income Tax Statements
c) Letters from your past employers to further strengthen your claim for citizenship.

CANMAPLE said:
Hi Anthony_nyc

Upon reviewing the information you presented here, It is likely that CIC may ask you for the United States entry and exit records at a later date - when your application gets placed into processing. They will accept your claim for Canadian citizenship solely based on the information you presented on your application, as I am guessing, it indicates the completion of your minimum residency period to qualify for citizenship. I am a final year university student, and if I was given the responsibility to make a decision on your case, I would be needing more information as to whether you have actually resided in Canada since you entered the country in 2012 as a landed immigrant. To avoid any further delays, I would strongly recommend you to get in touch with the US department of State and make a request for the entry and exit records for yourself so you can hand them over to CIC officials at your local branch when asked.
Since you are not in a possession of documents that could verify whether you've met the residency requirements or not - getting the records from the US DOS would be the only way you can streamline your claim. Although, it would be unfair to deny or reject your case before giving you a fair shot at explaining your side of the story - your application will likely to be accepted and you will likely recieve a letter from CIC to give you further instructions as to how you can approach their US counterparts.
The reason(s) why CIC might ask for the history of your entry and exit date(s) to and from the United States:
In your application, you have failed to:
a) Enclose documents that prove that you have indeed resided in Canada from 2012-2015. These documents could have been in the form of mortgage or lease agreement.
c) Letters from your past employers to further strengthen your claim for citizenship.
By submitting any one of those documents, you could have satisfied the officer about the length of your residency period in Canada. As you are already aware that Canada does not keep or maintain exit records of individuals leaving the country so GoC needs information that your application lacks in from the US.
Interprovincial movement is something that you should not be worried about - it will have no positive or negative bearing on your application. In addition, you have not provided them with your local phone number, which further raises questions about your residency here.

CANMAPLE

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Hi all,

A bit early for April 2015 applicants but I'm asking the bellow question for my wife who has her citizenship exam in the coming days.

When she submitted her application she included more documents than the basics required. She will go to the exam with the original documents of those she sent copies of. At the same time she will take more other docs to proof her presence in Canada (as she does not work in Canada, currently at home studying for some special exams).

Does she need to take photocopies of all the original documents she will be carrying with her ? At the interview, "if" they will have a look at these extra documents, will they require photo copies ? (such as phone, internet, hydro bills...)

Thanks in advance for your responses.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nuwa said:
Hi CANMAPLE,

I'm planning to send my application on May 28. I wonder whether I should include these documents you mention below with my application? Application guide does not tell about sending those additional documents.

If you are a US national then yes, you should have submitted any one of the documents listed above to prove that you have legitimately lived in the country.
If you are a national of a country that is notoriously known for stamping passports as a way of recording the entry exit data then you should have submitted legible copies of your entire foreign passport.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

R-Action

May 2, 2015
Hi all:

I send my application on April 14, and received by April 15.

Hopefully we can receive AOR next week!

By the way,
1) I sincerely ask all you guys that when is the best time to change the address if we move after we submit the application?

call the CIC right away after move or
we should change the address within how many days after moving or
when we recieve AOR or
the E-case actived showing "received" or
when E-case shows the "in process"

2) and what is the best way to change the address: call CIC to do a favor to update the new address?

3) if I move within the same city, meaning that it belongs to the same CIC local office, it will not delay the process, right?

Thanks for your suggestion!

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANMAPLE said:
If you are a US national then yes, you should have submitted any one of the documents listed above to prove that you have legitimately lived in the country.
If you are a national of a country that is notoriously known for stamping passports as a way of recording the entry exit data then you should have submitted legible copies of your entire foreign passport.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Thanks CANMAPLE. I'm still not sure about sending legible copies of the entire foreign passport because it is not on the document check list and CIC will check the passport entries during the interview. Yes, sending a few more documents (like passport entries that) what they haven't asked won't do any harm, but I think sending many supporting documents could be a problematic thing.

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
R-Action said:
Hi all:

I send my application on April 14, and received by April 15.

Hopefully we can receive AOR next week!

By the way,
1) I sincerely ask all you guys that when is the best time to change the address if we move after we submit the application?

call the CIC right away after move or
we should change the address within how many days after moving or
when we recieve AOR or
the E-case actived showing "received" or
when E-case shows the "in process"

2) and what is the best way to change the address: call CIC to do a favor to update the new address?

3) if I move within the same city, meaning that it belongs to the same CIC local office, it will not delay the process, right?

Thanks for your suggestion!
I send my application on April 14th and reached April 16th. Any idea when can I expect AOR?

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
sushmet said:
I send my application on April 14th and reached April 16th. Any idea when can I expect AOR?
add yourself in excel sheet and keep looking at AOR trend on it. by the way, i didn't hear any AOR since 24 april.

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
zoya_99 said:
Wow! Congrats!!!

I hope to receive soon as well. App received apr 14
hope to see ur update soon. according to fishbone, the most recent trend is 21 days to AOR

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good wishes to everyone. Looks like AOR issuance is moving at a good pace :).

I was one of the April 2015 applicants but then decided to sent app on May 1, 2015 as I had a frequent travel history. I noticed that folks receiving AOR by email. Is that true for everyone? Do we get email confirmation of receipt along with AOR in the mail?

I am worried as I am afraid that I missed to attach page 5 of the application. Not sure what can I do here. Did anyone had this kind of event?

If yes, what did you do for the documents/page you forgot to attach to the application? Did you send a copy of that separately or resend the entire application again? Did someone accept it? Or your application was sent back incomplete?

I am eagerly looking for help on this. Can you guys please advise?

Thanks a lot!!