+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hope for best said:
@ malimm0a75:

2nd question: CAREFUL. Yes you MUST attach the school report cards for each term since he started school.

3 rd question: FEDEX is really fast (2 business days).

Important: You can include a prepaid envelope (fedex/ xpresspost/.. ) and write a cover letter to cic to use it to return application if needed.
Purolator & UPS is faster; delivery in 1 business day; I used it

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
:'( Dear Applicants,

I think I screwed up badly.....I just sent out "all" of my Canadian Citizenship paperwork on April 28th, 2015. I attended McGill University for only 2 registered days (in 2013), then withdrew getting all my money back. I made a mistake to go there, can't afford it yet. I didn't include or ever mention that 48 hour "enrollment" period on my Canadian Citizenship paperwork under "Work/Education". It's as if I was never in the university completely, especially when all my money was refunded back to me for the semester payment, for early withdrawal from the program. I was never awarded credits, or paying a full tuition, I went in and withdrew out of the program after 2 days......I hope Citizenship doesn't care about that, and if they do I hope this doesn't delay my process for years.......I don't know what will happen, so worried right now.... :-[

The other thing I was worried about is my current layoff period from work, which started late July 2014. I've been unemployed since that date. I don't know if that will screw me over, and I get stuck with filling out a RQ (Residency Questionaire). I was working that Canadian job since April 2012, so I held it for a long time before getting laid off July 2014. I hope being unemployed doesn't get my citizenship delayed and/or rejected. Some people are getting the RQ (Residency Questionnaire), and some aren't. What I do know is the RQ paperwork delays the Canadian Citizenship process for years.... :-[

Also, I have NEVER left Canada since my permanent resident landing date of March 4th, 2012, not even for one day. So I have been here for 1,150 days and counting, I listed 1,150 on April 28th for the Canada Post Xpress mail out date. I hope that puts me at a huge advantage, and avoids the RQ (Residency Questionnaire).

I'm originally from New York, United States (aka- "American")
Citizenship Application mailed: April 28th, 2015
Single applicant, no children
Montreal, Quebec (Filed application for this location)

Hope to hear from you all! :)

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Anthony_nyc said:
:'( Dear Applicants,

1)
I think I screwed up badly.....I just sent out "all" of my Canadian Citizenship paperwork on April 28th, 2015. I attended McGill University for only 2 registered days (in 2013), then withdrew getting all my money back. I made a mistake to go there, can't afford it yet. I didn't include or ever mention that 48 hour "enrollment" period on my Canadian Citizenship paperwork under "Work/Education". It's as if I was never in the university completely, especially when all my money was refunded back to me for the semester payment, for early withdrawal from the program. I was never awarded credits, or paying a full tuition, I went in and withdrew out of the program after 2 days......I hope Citizenship doesn't care about that, and if they do I hope this doesn't delay my process for years.......I don't know what will happen, so worried right now.... :-[

2)
The other thing I was worried about is my current layoff period from work, which started late July 2014. I've been unemployed since that date. I don't know if that will screw me over, and I get stuck with filling out a RQ (Residency Questionaire). I was working that Canadian job since April 2012, so I held it for a long time before getting laid off July 2014. I hope being unemployed doesn't get my citizenship delayed and/or rejected. Some people are getting the RQ (Residency Questionnaire), and some aren't. What I do know is the RQ paperwork delays the Canadian Citizenship process for years.... :-[

3)
Also, I have NEVER left Canada since my permanent resident landing date of March 4th, 2012, not even for one day. So I have been here for 1,150 days and counting, I listed 1,150 on April 28th for the Canada Post Xpress mail out date. I hope that puts me at a huge advantage, and avoids the RQ (Residency Questionnaire).

Hope to hear from you all! :)
1) is not an issue, that's just 48 hours...
(what could be the reason for emp/study section - to make sure you were in Canada and you have proof as you were attending Canadian institute.)

2) is also non-issue, I never come across condition to enforce employment for this.

3) I don't understand how that is advantage.... if A. applies @ 1100 days and B. applies @ 1200 days; why B. would have advantage when condition is 1095 days.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Cry Dear Applicants,

I think I screwed up badly.....I just sent out "all" of my Canadian Citizenship paperwork on April 28th, 2015. I attended McGill University for only 2 registered days (in 2013), then withdrew getting all my money back. I made a mistake to go there, can't afford it yet. I didn't include or ever mention that 48 hour "enrollment" period on my Canadian Citizenship paperwork under "Work/Education". It's as if I was never in the university completely, especially when all my money was refunded back to me for the semester payment, for early withdrawal from the program. I was never awarded credits, or paying a full tuition, I went in and withdrew out of the program after 2 days......I hope Citizenship doesn't care about that, and if they do I hope this doesn't delay my process for years.......I don't know what will happen, so worried right now.... Embarrassed

The other thing I was worried about is my current layoff period from work, which started late July 2014. I've been unemployed since that date. I don't know if that will screw me over, and I get stuck with filling out a RQ (Residency Questionaire). I was working that Canadian job since April 2012, so I held it for a long time before getting laid off July 2014. I hope being unemployed doesn't get my citizenship delayed and/or rejected. Some people are getting the RQ (Residency Questionnaire), and some aren't. What I do know is the RQ paperwork delays the Canadian Citizenship process for years.... Embarrassed

Hope to hear from you all! Smiley
Hey Anthony_nyc,

First of all congratulations on applying I hope it will be a smooth and fruitful journey for you.

1) You do not need to worry for this as you said you did not take a course nor any credits given so personally I do not think it will impact anything.

2) Being unemployment for a period is not an issue they do not ask for employment records and are mainly under the current law interested in checking if you meet all the days and enough proof you have been in canada.

3) I will be honest applying with more days does not equal faster processing. I applied with 1195 days and file was received Feb 2nd I got AoR on Mar 11th and since then no update.

A last point if you are intended to get an RQ you will unfortunately get it irrespective of what u do or send for now relax browse through the forum on other topics or just focus on life and you should be good.

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
I was not aware about RQ, after reading above post emphasizing on RQ, I googled and found that

since 2012 to 2013 - 22% application received RQ

Montreal & Vancouver - RQ rate was 30 to 50 %

So RQ can be issued to anyone if CIC officer is not satisfied with submitted supporting documents.

It adds min 6 months in processing time.

I would share that ... relax and focus on daily life... For me getting Citizenship is important but unlike PR which was critical to become eligible to live / work in Canada, it's okay if it takes sometime as per rule-book or I may be missing people's point (concern) about possibility of getting RQ.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, hope everyone's application is moving at a good pace :)

I am putting together my documents. I had a bit of traveling in the last 4 years so decided to wait for around 4 weeks before sending the application this Monday. I need your help with question 5(E).

I have been a resident of Toronto since arriving in Canada. Two years ago, I worked for a company in Vancouver for a month. During that time I stayed at a friend's place in Vancouver. My paychecks and T4 have my friend's address. However I was still keeping my Toronto apt. and paying rent.

I am confused as to which of the addresses should I put in the application. As I was physically working at company location in Vancouver and living in Vancouver too. But also I was keeping my apt in Toronto and paid rent here.

I very appreciate your help in anticipation!!

Best,

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
:) Thanks for your fast replies!

Another question out of silly worrying, and thanks ahead of time for answering.

As mentioned, I have never left Canada yet since my permanent resident landing in March 4th, 2012. I have moved within Canada 4 times in total. My 1st living was in Ontario, and next 3 places were all in Montreal, Quebec. I bounced from places 1, 2, and 3 all from March 4th through August 31st, until I finally found a good place that I still live at till this point in time, since September 1st 2012. I never had to sign leases in any of the places I lived so far, I only paid month to month, no contracts, even now.

My question is, will immigration Canada look at me moving that many times within 3+ years as a bad thing, and/or something I need prove as my time staying within Canada? Also to note, before I sent out my Canadian Citizenship paperwork April 28th, 2015, I included photocopies of my entire USA passport pages, from the very first page until the last, showing every single stamp date recorded. The most "recent" stamp date I ever received was my entering of canada as a permanent resident, March 4th 2012. Obviously, there is no exit stamp date showing, as I never exited Canada since then. Is Canadian Immigration going to give me a hard time and demand I still prove my time staying here this whole time? The only ways I could really prove I've been here this whole time were all the pages of my passport I photocopied, that show my most "recent" last stamp date was March 4th 2012, and the online residence calculator print out from the government website.

Maybe Canada Immigration is more concerned with stamp dates that show us leaving within our application period...

Next, I realized I checked yes in the LINC 9.E part in the citizenship application for the proof of language thing...which was a complete accident, I took the CELPIP general LS test scoring top scores, and I provided them a photocopy of that test result in my paperwork. Will they give me issues and return all my application for checking the yes checkbox for the LINC in part 9.E of the canadian citizenship adult application? It was by accident. I gave them that Celpip General LS test result photocopy.

Lastly, when it asked for our phone number contact info at the beginning of the original citizenship application for adults, I listed my trusted canadian military friends cell number, with his permission of course. The reason for this is I could not afford a newer cell phone and cell phone plan. He will relay information back to me if they need to call, I also listed my personal e-mail as I use that every day daily. Was that a problem?, a bad idea to list my dear friends number? I didn't write any sort of letter explaining this situation within my application before sending it out. Maybe I should try calling their customer support in case, if I can ever reach them, they still have very high call volumes, which in turn brings an automated mesage that hangs up on applicants.

Sincerely,

Anthony

P.S. - Can a moderator or someone with access rights please add me to that document sheet we're sharing on our progress stats? I tried to add myself multiple times, but my inputs keep getting removed.

Forum name: Anthony_nyc
Application Type: Single
Courier: Canada Post Xpresspost
Application mailed: 2015-04-28
Application received: 2015-04-30 ****** PLEASE UPDATE THIS INFO ONTO SPREADSHEET *****

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
zoya_99 said:
Yes indeed. Its sad. Am so anxious
We have all become so spolit with the news of people getting AOR in days! ;D

Let us hang in there together fellas. We should all get something soon :)

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
please add me to the spreadsheet. application sent by canada post on 21st april(single), received on 24th. I am from calgary alberta

Kuro

Apr 18, 2015
Sent my application on 28th April 2015
Received by don lewis on 1st May 2015.
my journey starts add me in the list

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anthony_nyc said:
:) Thanks for your fast replies!

Another question out of silly worrying, and thanks ahead of time for answering.

As mentioned, I have never left Canada yet since my permanent resident landing in March 4th, 2012. I have moved within Canada 4 times in total. My 1st living was in Ontario, and next 3 places were all in Montreal, Quebec. I bounced from places 1, 2, and 3 all from March 4th through August 31st, until I finally found a good place that I still live at till this point in time, since September 1st 2012. I never had to sign leases in any of the places I lived so far, I only paid month to month, no contracts, even now.

My question is, will immigration Canada look at me moving that many times within 3+ years as a bad thing, and/or something I need prove as my time staying within Canada? Also to note, before I sent out my Canadian Citizenship paperwork April 28th, 2015, I included photocopies of my entire USA passport pages, from the very first page until the last, showing every single stamp date recorded. The most "recent" stamp date I ever received was my entering of canada as a permanent resident, March 4th 2012. Obviously, there is no exit stamp date showing, as I never exited Canada since then. Is Canadian Immigration going to give me a hard time and demand I still prove my time staying here this whole time? The only ways I could really prove I've been here this whole time were all the pages of my passport I photocopied, that show my most "recent" last stamp date was March 4th 2012, and the online residence calculator print out from the government website.

Maybe Canada Immigration is more concerned with stamp dates that show us leaving within our application period...

Next, I realized I checked yes in the LINC 9.E part in the citizenship application for the proof of language thing...which was a complete accident, I took the CELPIP general LS test scoring top scores, and I provided them a photocopy of that test result in my paperwork. Will they give me issues and return all my application for checking the yes checkbox for the LINC in part 9.E of the canadian citizenship adult application? It was by accident. I gave them that Celpip General LS test result photocopy.

Lastly, when it asked for our phone number contact info at the beginning of the original citizenship application for adults, I listed my trusted canadian military friends cell number, with his permission of course. The reason for this is I could not afford a newer cell phone and cell phone plan. He will relay information back to me if they need to call, I also listed my personal e-mail as I use that every day daily. Was that a problem?, a bad idea to list my dear friends number? I didn't write any sort of letter explaining this situation within my application before sending it out. Maybe I should try calling their customer support in case, if I can ever reach them, they still have very high call volumes, which in turn brings an automated mesage that hangs up on applicants.

Sincerely,

Anthony

P.S. - Can a moderator or someone with access rights please add me to that document sheet we're sharing on our progress stats? I tried to add myself multiple times, but my inputs keep getting removed.

Forum name: Anthony_nyc
Application Type: Single
Courier: Canada Post Xpresspost
Application mailed: 2015-04-28
Application received: 2015-04-30 ****** PLEASE UPDATE THIS INFO ONTO SPREADSHEET *****
Hi Anthony_nyc

Upon reviewing the information you presented here, It is likely that CIC may ask you for the United States entry and exit records at a later date - when your application gets placed into processing. They will accept your claim for Canadian citizenship solely based on the information you presented on your application, as I am guessing, it indicates the completion of your minimum residency period to qualify for citizenship. I am a final year university student, and if I was given the responsibility to make a decision on your case, I would be needing more information as to whether you have actually resided in Canada since you entered the country in 2012 as a landed immigrant. To avoid any further delays, I would strongly recommend you to get in touch with the US department of State and make a request for the entry and exit records for yourself so you can hand them over to CIC officials at your local branch when asked.
Since you are not in a possession of documents that could verify whether you've met the residency requirements or not - getting the records from the US DOS would be the only way you can streamline your claim. Although, it would be unfair to deny or reject your case before giving you a fair shot at explaining your side of the story - your application will likely to be accepted and you will likely recieve a letter from CIC to give you further instructions as to how you can approach their US counterparts.
The reason(s) why CIC might ask for the history of your entry and exit date(s) to and from the United States:
In your application, you have failed to:
a) Enclose documents that prove that you have indeed resided in Canada from 2012-2015. These documents could have been in the form of mortgage or lease agreement.
b) Failed to Include Income Tax Statements
c) Letters from your past employers to further strengthen your claim for citizenship.
By submitting any one of those documents, you could have satisfied the officer about the length of your residency period in Canada. As you are already aware that Canada does not keep or maintain exit records of individuals leaving the country so GoC needs information that your application lacks in from the US.
Interprovincial movement is something that you should not be worried about - it will have no positive or negative bearing on your application. In addition, you have not provided them with your local phone number, which further raises questions about your residency here.

CANMAPLE