Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Good luck for everyone. Fishbone, let us know if you get it please. This will mean that the AOR are fired about 2 weeks after the receipt of the applications. Pretty quick.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoya_99 said:
Congrats ! I hope we all who are remaining will also receive AOR soon. Pray for us !

All the best to all those who have not received their AOR yet. Don't worry, you will receive yours soon too, of course our prayers are with you :)
From the experience (including mine), it does look like AOR is being sent 2 weeks after the application is received by CIC as long as the application is complete and free from any major errors. I read my application and also reviewed the attachments several times which did pay off in the end i.e. I received my AOR exactly after 2 weeks although I too was worried what if my package is returned and that too who knows when...after weeks or months??

a lot of people have a question if color photocopies are acceptable or not, so did I before sending out my package. Now that I have received my AOR, I can perhaps answer this question i.e. while black and white copies are always good as long as they are clear and legible, however, I chose to send all copies in color and my package did get accepted too :D :)

anyway, so as long as your applications are filled in properly, complete and documents too are complete, legible and exactly in the sequence as per the checklist, you're good. Remember, the easier you make your application for an officer to initially review in order for him / her to decide that your application meets "minimum basic requirement" (as per application guideline in PDF on CIC website), the quicker you will get your AOR.

I would strongly recommend everyone who is in the process of sending out their application to carefully go through the application guideline in PDF, if you follow each and everything that is mentioned in there, there is no reason why you should not receive your AOR since the instructions are crystal clear and not something a potential applicant is unable follow. Moreover, be thorough and clear in your Residence Calculator and don't forget to sign the same as well as the application form as a lot of time people do this mistake (of forgetting to sign) which would definitely result in your application getting returned. Also make sure to sign within the boundaries of the box provided on the application form. As for the photos, I got mine done at Costco and they do a fantastic job plus it's much cheaper, I only had to write my name at the back, that is it. I checked with Walmart, they charge $24.99 + HST while Costco charged me only $6.99 + HST....so you see the difference!

Good Luck once again guys and congrats to all those who have already received their AORs. My ECAS still shows application received, has anyone else (April applicants) advanced to the next level yet?

canadianlife

Dec 11, 2011
cecapplied:

I checked this morning in e-Cas and status is now "Received":

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 7, 2015.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 23, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks april2015 for sharing your experience. Good luck with your application!

april2015 said:
All the best to all those who have not received their AOR yet. Don't worry, you will receive yours soon too, of course our prayers are with you :)
From the experience (including mine), it does look like AOR is being sent 2 weeks after the application is received by CIC as long as the application is complete and free from any major errors. I read my application and also reviewed the attachments several times which did pay off in the end i.e. I received my AOR exactly after 2 weeks although I too was worried what if my package is returned and that too who knows when...after weeks or months??

a lot of people have a question if color photocopies are acceptable or not, so did I before sending out my package. Now that I have received my AOR, I can perhaps answer this question i.e. while black and white copies are always good as long as they are clear and legible, however, I chose to send all copies in color and my package did get accepted too :D :)

anyway, so as long as your applications are filled in properly, complete and documents too are complete, legible and exactly in the sequence as per the checklist, you're good. Remember, the easier you make your application for an officer to initially review in order for him / her to decide that your application meets "minimum basic requirement" (as per application guideline in PDF on CIC website), the quicker you will get your AOR.

I would strongly recommend everyone who is in the process of sending out their application to carefully go through the application guideline in PDF, if you follow each and everything that is mentioned in there, there is no reason why you should not receive your AOR since the instructions are crystal clear and not something a potential applicant is unable follow. Moreover, be thorough and clear in your Residence Calculator and don't forget to sign the same as well as the application form as a lot of time people do this mistake (of forgetting to sign) which would definitely result in your application getting returned. Also make sure to sign within the boundaries of the box provided on the application form. As for the photos, I got mine done at Costco and they do a fantastic job plus it's much cheaper, I only had to write my name at the back, that is it. I checked with Walmart, they charge $24.99 + HST while Costco charged me only $6.99 + HST....so you see the difference!

Good Luck once again guys and congrats to all those who have already received their AORs. My ECAS still shows application received, has anyone else (April applicants) advanced to the next level yet?

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi..I am an April 2015 applicant too. My application reached CIC on April 15. I am currently awaiting for AOR.

What is the normal timeline for CIC to send the application package back (if there are some mistakes in the application)? I believe I have filled in my application correctly and there are no mistakes but I wanted to check nevertheless :)

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Around two weeks.

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
seminole said:
Hello Friends,

Late to the forum but here is my status:

Application sent to CIC: 6th April
Application received by CIC: 8th April
AOR received via email: 23rd April
ECAS activated: 26th April

Updated the same in the April spreadsheet.

All the best to everyone!

Cheers,

Seminole
Congrats, stay on thread to update us further

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Hello all,

Another April applicant here! Just wanted to get added on the speadsheet as well. Don't know if it is because I am trying to add information from my phone, but it won't let me.

Citizenship Application received by CIC (as per tracking number Canada Post Xpress) - April 20, 2015
Application Type - Single
Location - Hamilton

If one of the admins can add this info in I'd really appreciate it! Thanks and gooodluck to all!

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
i submitted on 22nd and they received on 24th. I am from calgary

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dawn5095 said:
Hi Fishbone, your timeline is EXACTLY same as mine, haven't got the AOR yet as up now :(
No AOR here either - glad to know i'm not the only one :D

I imagine we should be receiving it sometime this week.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
fishbone said:
No AOR here either - glad to know i'm not the only one :D

I imagine we should be receiving it sometime this week.
With almost same timeline. App receivd 14 apr. Nothing for me either.

Please keep posted