LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Congrats to all new AoR recipients.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dimply said:
By The Grace of Allah, Today early morning I received email (AOR) from CIC...Right after 11 Days...........

Pls guide me how I can check my status online???? As in my email its mentioned Application No & UCI. And what stand for UCI???
You can use these link to check your status online -
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp

Although I don't think it will show up so soon, mine hasn't shown up yet.

UCI is the client ID which is in the format of xxxx-xxxx. all digits.

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
sunafi said:
I have posted my application for FAMILY (for me and spouse)

and I have sent only one copy of kid's school record.

Just curious - if one copy of school record is sufficient or should I have been sent 2 copies (one with my application form and second with my spouse application form)?
any comments please?

second - I have sent CELPIP-General LS report as language proof. I hope its acceptable.. any comments on this also please.
I know second question is stupid one, as I read on CIC site before taking test, but just thought to confirm again..

thanks & regards...
Hi Sunafi,
Have you heard anything about your application..?

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
I sent my application today & updated spreadsheet

brzykanadan

Feb 19, 2015
Hello fellow applicants. I thought we would be March applicants but due to financial reasons (1260 fee for me and my husband) we had to postpone and FINALLY today I sent in our applications via CP, Expresspost. We sent in school report cards of our Canadian daughter, with letter from school, because 2014 3rd term report card was not issued due to BC teachers strike. We also sent additional sheet along with the residence calculation, where we listed all our day trips to USA as we go there often shopping and those dates will show up on CBSA reports. Other than that we included only what was asked. My husband took CELPIP-LS, I have a degree frkm Canadian university, so I just included official transcripts and copy of degree.

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
ROMA_1 said:
Hi Sunafi,
Have you heard anything about your application..?
I made a mistake, instead of adding copy of certificate for English exam I included copy of online report card, so my file was returned. Later I added copy of certificate and application was delivered on Monday (20th April)....

I am hoping for AOR in first week of May. But documents were already put in sequence by visa officer, so chances are to get AOR earlier too.

Small mistake has cost one month, but it was my bad decision so paying the price.

Smile, it costs nothing :).

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
sunafi said:
I made a mistake, instead of adding copy of certificate for English exam I included copy of online report card, so my file was returned. Later I added copy of certificate and application was delivered on Monday (20th April)....

I am hoping for AOR in first week of May. But documents were already put in sequence by visa officer, so chances are to get AOR earlier too.

Small mistake has cost one month, but it was my bad decision so paying the price.

Can you let me know when you received your returned application ?

Thanks

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
sunafi said:

sorry to hear that your application was returned, but the good thing that it returned fast. what you mean by "But documents were already put in sequence by visa officer", how do you know.
also what English exam that you took...?
Thanks

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
NOBODYLIKEME said:
sorry to hear that your application was returned, but the good thing that it returned fast. what you mean by "But documents were already put in sequence by visa officer", how do you know.
also what English exam that you took...?
Thanks
>>sorry to hear that your application was returned
don't be ... that was my mistake... celip online result was available and hard copy was suppose to come in next 3 business days... I took printout of online copy instead of waiting for certificate (hard copy) and posted the application.

>>But documents were already put in sequence by visa officer, how do you know.
I followed sequence as per document check-list, I meant I kept document as per order in document check-list.
but that sequence was bit changed, for example, online payment receipt copy was in the last (as in document checklist); but in returned application that was page no. 2.

it looks like there are multiple layers, first layer validate if all documents are available and put that in expected official sequence.

second layer, perhaps checks if documents are acceptable or not ..

just guess..

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
sunafi said:
>>sorry to hear that your application was returned
don't be ... that was my mistake... celip online result was available and hard copy was suppose to come in next 3 business days... I took printout of online copy instead of waiting for certificate (hard copy) and posted the application.

>>But documents were already put in sequence by visa officer, how do you know.
I followed sequence as per document check-list, I meant I kept document as per order in document check-list.
but that sequence was bit changed, for example, online payment receipt copy was in the last (as in document checklist); but in returned application that was page no. 2.

it looks like there are multiple layers, first layer validate if all documents are available and put that in expected official sequence.

second layer, perhaps checks if documents are acceptable or not ..

just guess..
yea I understand now. it is the order of your documents that indicates they verified your application. but still wondering does it make any sense, i.e they will check documents second time faster, that what you expect...?
by the way could you let me know the time line since you sent till returned back..to figure out how fast is CIC...

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
ROMA_1 said:
yea I understand now. it is the order of your documents that indicates they verified your application. but still wondering does it make any sense, i.e they will check documents second time faster, that what you expect...?
by the way could you let me know the time line since you sent till returned back..to figure out how fast is CIC...
I am waiting for further action since returned back to CIC, once I see progress I will share..

could be same person (one layer only)
as I shared, I provided copy of celip online result, so the document was in the application...
guessing again, someone looked into our forms, made sure all info is there, checked if documents are provided.. arrange docs into the sequence.. and find out that celip online result is not acceptable... returned the application... [in fact language proof was last one in the sequence of documents in returned package..]

Second time faster verification - yes... 2 reasons
1) documents are already in sequence, the way they want to keep.. I didn't change that seq. just replaced copy of language proof..
2) It was family application, other application had a note to indicate that application is verified and had everything but is sent back as it's with family and one of the family app is returned.

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
sunafi said:
I am waiting for further action since returned back to CIC, once I see progress I will share..

could be same person (one layer only)
as I shared, I provided copy of celip online result, so the document was in the application...
guessing again, someone looked into our forms, made sure all info is there, checked if documents are provided.. arrange docs into the sequence.. and find out that celip online result is not acceptable... returned the application... [in fact language proof was last one in the sequence of documents in returned package..]

Second time faster verification - yes... 2 reasons
1) documents are already in sequence, the way they want to keep.. I didn't change that seq. just replaced copy of language proof..
2) It was family application, other application had a note to indicate that application is verified and had everything but is sent back as it's with family and one of the family app is returned.
Ok. Good luck. don't forget update your information in spreadsheet.

Can1201

Jul 12, 2014
Hi guys I just want to add my timeline.
April 13- sent the application
April 15- received by cic(check thru tracking no.)
April 22- received AOR thru email