+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applicants from MALAYSIA - Join here

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
autonomous said:
It is not good at all. This can affect the processing time of our immigration cases. I was just waiting for passport request that they moved cases to VO Singapore. Have anyone receive anything from VO Singapore based on his or her case? And do you know how much fast the Singapore visa office is?

Thanks

Bad news.

I'm waiting for AOR and Medical exam request. Hope process move faster in Singapore. At the moment still haven't received any news from them.

In CIC Singapore website stated that processing time is 17 months.

autonomous

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
kidrobot said:
Shocked news! I hope that our application will move faster after transfer to Singapore.

By the way, is this also means that we have to go to Singapore do medical exam and send Passport to them in person?

Is this means i have to go to Singapore if want to apply travel visa?

I believe they will take your medical exams in Malaysia as they instruct you which DMPs are available in your town. With regard to Submitting passport, I believe if you live in KL, then you can arrange with a courier like DHL to go and submit the passport to SG VO and then collect it as stamped by visa and give it back to you. But in other town such as Penang, I could not find any courier to do that. The other option is going to SG VO personally.

Which city of Malaysia are you living? And could you post the link determined the 17 months needed to finalize an immigration application?

Cheers

shamala12

Feb 5, 2012
this is really a bad news for all of us that have an on-going visa application here in KL :'(

'am just kinda pissed because they don't even bothered to send us an email or notify us with regards to their closure...so,what will happen to us now?i am also just waiting for my visa (done with interview and medicals), what do we do next?? ??? i wanna cry!i really hope all is well with CHC Singapore...

autonomous

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
shamala12 said:
this is really a bad news for all of us that have an on-going visa application here in KL :'(

'am just kinda pissed because they don't even bothered to send us an email or notify us with regards to their closure...so,what will happen to us now?i am also just waiting for my visa (done with interview and medicals), what do we do next?? ??? i wanna cry!i really hope all is well with CHC Singapore...
Dear Shamala12

I think we all in the same boat. I got this news today and I really pissed off, but as always we can nothing to to. The only thing we can do is helping each other to enlighten dark sides. IMO, in one hand, the SG VO is faster than KL VO and it may be better for all us to finalize our immigration cases. But on other hand, our applications can be easily delayed just for transferring applications from KL VO to SG VO.

Could you give me your timeline from the first step? I mean, when did your immigration application file in CIO? When did your ECAS show IN PROCESS status? When did you receive your medical exams and when did the medical line add to ECAS after taking medical exams? and Finally how long have you been waiting for your visa since you took your medical exam? Is there any new line in your ECAS to indicate the transferring your application from KL VO to SG VO?

Sorry for asking too much. But believe me it can help to all of us if we have something in mind about the processing time that has been taken in KL VO up to now.

Cheers

shamala12

Feb 5, 2012
autonomous said:
Dear Shamala12

I think we all in the same boat. I got this news today and I really pissed off, but as always we can nothing to to. The only thing we can do is helping each other to enlighten dark sides. IMO, in one hand, the SG VO is faster than KL VO and it may be better for all us to finalize our immigration cases. But on other hand, our applications can be easily delayed just for transferring applications from KL VO to SG VO.

Could you give me your timeline from the first step? I mean, when did your immigration application file in CIO? When did your ECAS show IN PROCESS status? When did you receive your medical exams and when did the medical line add to ECAS after taking medical exams? and Finally how long have you been waiting for your visa since you took your medical exam? Is there any new line in your ECAS to indicate the transferring your application from KL VO to SG VO?

Sorry for asking too much. But believe me it can help to all of us if we have something in mind about the processing time that has been taken in KL VO up to now.

Cheers
just want to share this bulletin/notice from cic.gc.ca

It somehow answer our queries and worries with regards to our on-going application:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Applications currently in process in Berlin, Dhaka, Kuala Lumpur and Tokyo have been transferred to the appropriate visa office now responsible for processing. All original supporting documents accompanying applications in Berlin, Dhaka, Kuala Lumpur and Tokyo have also been transferred. Applicants who have already sent documents to the Canadian Embassies in Berlin and Tokyo and the Canadian High Commissions in Dhaka and Kuala Lumpur do not need to re-send them."

"CLIENT ENQUIRIES - During the transition period, all efforts will be made to minimize processing delays. We ask that applicants and their representatives avoid contacting regional visa offices during this time. Applicants will be contacted by the new processing mission in due course."

"Applicants are not required to contact the offices to ensure their application is redirected."

@Autonomous
here's my TIMELINE (Work Permit) #sorry if i can't answer some of your question,i have no idea on that one :(

AUG 2011: submitted my work permit application (under LICP)
JAN 2012: notice for interview
1st week FEB 2012: passed the interview and received medical referral/request at the same time
2nd week FEB: Medicals done (according to the clinic,everything is clear,passed medical exam)
3rd week FEB: Medical results received by Canadian Embassy - Singapore (based on tracking# provided by the clinic)

- it's almost 3months already since my medical results was received my Canadian Embassy - Singapore...i really DO HOPE that SG is better than here in KL ???

God bless us all in our application...hopefully PASSPORT REQUEST for visa stamping....sooooooooon :)

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009

autonomous,

I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Here is the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp#asia

I apply under MPNP.

Hope everything work out fine in the end. Finger crossed :(

Thanks for your reply autonomous.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
shamala12 said:

shamala12 ,

This news really blew us up but we got no choice only accept the truth and pray hard that we can get our visa or next stage notice more faster. ::)

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Notice – Visa services no longer available at the Canadian Embassies in Germany and Japan and at the Canadian High Commissions in Malaysia and Bangladesh

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-office.asp

Effective April 30, 2012, the Visa and Immigration Sections at the Canadian Embassies in Germany (Berlin) and Japan (Tokyo) and the Canadian High Commissions in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) and Bangladesh (Dhaka) are closed to the public.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is making changes to the way it operates in Canada and abroad. It is stepping up the pace of modernizing the way it works. It is reducing overhead costs, and continuing to streamline programs and operations by moving processing to where capacity exists and centralizing some of this work in Canada. The decision to close these visa offices is tied to that strategy.

Residents and nationals previously served by these visa offices will now be served by visa offices in neighbouring countries as outlined below.
New temporary resident applications:

Applicants previously serviced by the visa office in Kuala Lumpur should now submit their application to the visa office in Singapore.

The visa office in Singapore will also now begin accepting all temporary resident applications for those previously serviced by the visa office in Dhaka. Applicants can also submit their application through the visa application centres (VACs) in Dhaka, Chittagong and Sylhet.

Anyone previously serviced by the visa office in Berlin should now submit their application to the visa office in Vienna.

Finally, applicants previously serviced by the visa office in Tokyo should now submit their application to the visa office in Manila.

Applicants wishing to apply under the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade’s (DFAIT) International Experience Canada program (IEC) should continue to submit their application to the Canadian Embassies in Berlin or Tokyo. Any application that makes it past the first screening will be sent by DFAIT to the appropriate visa office in Vienna (for Berlin) or Manila (for Tokyo) for final processing.
New permanent resident applications:

All new applications for the Federal and Quebec Skilled Worker Programs, Federal Immigrant Investor Program, Provincial Nominee Program and Canada Experience Class should continue to be sent first to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada (CIO-S). All new sponsorship applications must also first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (CPC-M). Applications that have received positive eligibility will be transferred to the visa office now responsible for further processing.

Self-employed persons and Quebec-selected business applications should continue to be sent directly to the visa offices, and their submission follows the same redistribution of visa services as listed above.
If you already submitted an application:

Temporary resident applications that have already been submitted at visa offices in Kuala Lumpur, Dhaka, Berlin, and Tokyo will continue to be processed to completion.

All permanent resident applications currently at visa offices that have been closed will be transferred to the visa office now responsible, where processing will resume.

Economic and Family Class applications that have already been submitted to the CIO-S or CPC-M and have received positive eligibility will be redirected to the appropriate visa office. Applicants are not required to contact the offices to ensure their application is redirected.

shamala12

Feb 5, 2012
sharing an email that i received from CHC KL yesterday :)

Important message: [size=10pt][size=10pt]the Visa and Immigration Section at the High Commission of Canada in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) is closed and services [size=10pt]transferred to the High Commission of Canada in Singapore (Singapore).
[/size][/size][/size]
Applications that were already in process at the visa office in Kuala Lumpur prior to May 1st, 2012 will be processed to completion in Kuala Lumpur, where possible, if all statutory requirements are complete. Applicants will be contacted directly with regard to the status of their application.

Applications that are not completed at the visa office in Kuala Lumpur will be transferred to the visa office in Singapore for continued processing. Applicants will be contacted directly by the Singapore office, in due course.

God is the BEST :D

autonomous

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
shamala12 said:
sharing an email that i received from CHC KL yesterday :)

Important message: [size=10pt][size=10pt]the Visa and Immigration Section at the High Commission of Canada in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) is closed and services [size=10pt]transferred to the High Commission of Canada in Singapore (Singapore).
[/size][/size][/size]
Applications that were already in process at the visa office in Kuala Lumpur prior to May 1st, 2012 will be processed to completion in Kuala Lumpur, where possible, if all statutory requirements are complete. Applicants will be contacted directly with regard to the status of their application.

Applications that are not completed at the visa office in Kuala Lumpur will be transferred to the visa office in Singapore for continued processing. Applicants will be contacted directly by the Singapore office, in due course.

God is the BEST :D
Thanks to share with us such a blockbuster news. Have the KL VO said anything about when they want to finalize your application case and what is the next step that you should do like PPR? Did they say in their email about your status and where your physical application is now? Singapore of KL?

The strange thing is they can communicate through email service ,but they never use it before. This is the first time that I have heard they send email to applicants. It is ridiculous. It means that they did not use email since they do not want. Based on what you posted here, if we consider this is the exactly statement sent by KL VO, there is a huge contradiction in their email. In one hand, they say if you are in process and all you mandatory requirements are completed,your case will be processed in KL. On the other hand, they said application that are not completed will be send to SG VO. The contradiction is when you are in process it means that your case has not been finished yet. Which statement is true? Do you have any idea about that? I think they responded as vague as always.

God help us

shamala12

Feb 5, 2012
autonomous said:
Thanks to share with us such a blockbuster news. Have the KL VO said anything about when they want to finalize your application case and what is the next step that you should do like PPR? Did they say in their email about your status and where your physical application is now? Singapore of KL?

The strange thing is they can communicate through email service ,but they never use it before. This is the first time that I have heard they send email to applicants. It is ridiculous. It means that they did not use email since they do not want. Based on what you posted here, if we consider this is the exactly statement sent by KL VO, there is a huge contradiction in their email. In one hand, they say if you are in process and all you mandatory requirements are completed,your case will be processed in KL. On the other hand, they said application that are not completed will be send to SG VO. The contradiction is when you are in process it means that your case has not been finished yet. Which statement is true? Do you have any idea about that? I think they responded as vague as always.

God help us

i understand your concern/confusion autonomous...actually, i received an email again from them (the one i posted above was sent by CHC-KL Thursday) this Friday morning informing me that my application is now ready to be finalized and that they are urging me to submit my passport (PASSPORT REQUEST) to their office - CHC Kuala Lumpur - as soon as possible, and also told me that Wednesday May 16, 2012 will be the last day for me to submit my passport.

a friend of mine also went to CHC KL last Monday upon learning about the closure of the embassy, but a VO told her that there is no problem with all the existing visa application (AS LONG AS everything - papers/documents/medical/interview was already COMPLETED), they will finish it all here in KL before it will be totally closed to the public...they also told her that ALL incoming/new visa application will NOT be entertained anymore here in KL,applicants should go directly to CHC Singapore already....

i hope this somehow enlighten your worries/confusion :)

Godbless us all ^^

autonomous

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
shamala12 said:
i understand your concern/confusion autonomous...actually, i received an email again from them (the one i posted above was sent by CHC-KL Thursday) this Friday morning informing me that my application is now ready to be finalized and that they are urging me to submit my passport (PASSPORT REQUEST) to their office - CHC Kuala Lumpur - as soon as possible, and also told me that Wednesday May 16, 2012 will be the last day for me to submit my passport.

a friend of mine also went to CHC KL last Monday upon learning about the closure of the embassy, but a VO told her that there is no problem with all the existing visa application (AS LONG AS everything - papers/documents/medical/interview was already COMPLETED), they will finish it all here in KL before it will be totally closed to the public...they also told her that ALL incoming/new visa application will NOT be entertained anymore here in KL,applicants should go directly to CHC Singapore already....

Godbless us all ^^
Thanks a million for your comprehensive response and congratulations in advance. That was a great news and helps me to be more optimistic about KL VO performance. Actually, my immigration file has been processing in KL since around 1 year and 2 months ago; the background check is completed. My medical examinations were taken 4 months ago and the line of medical results have been received is added to my ECAS. Do you think my case will be finalized in KL? or they sent it to Singapore? The KL VO seems to be more active and try to finalize the various cases as soon as possible. I believe that using email service by them bears this issue out.

Could you tell me that your friend status? Was that an immigration case or was a work permit? My case is under skilled workers for immigration. In which stage is your friend now? Is he waiting for passport requesting? When he did complete his medical examinations? What did the VO tell him about his case and when they want to finalize his case? Sorry for a lot of questions I asked since I really curious about the outcome of my case and I really do not have any information about the other applicants who applied for Canadian visa through KL VO. Please enlighten me more and please stay in touch with me.

I hope you will be happy for ever shamala12

autonomous

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
Dear Shamala12

I forgot to ask you something. What documents did they ask along with your passport which are required for the finalization your case?

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
shamala12 said:

Godbless us all ^^

Hello Shamala,

I didn't receive any email from CHC KL. last year September 2011 I submitted my application in KL. until now I haven't received my AOR or any further request. Is this mean that my file will transfer to Singapore? February 2012 I went to CHC KL in person to check my status but they ask me wait. Now the office suddenly closed and I'm worry that my file will be delay again.

Very very worry about my application. Email, phone call, fax and go to their office also didn't get any answer from them. :(

What should I do now?

Regards,
Kidrobot

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
shamala12 said:

Godbless us all ^^
Dear shamala...can u share the email id of KL Visa office, from where u got reply