AOR in September Let's Connect here

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masin said:
Dear friends,
I need your advice on my current situation. My work permit expires on the end of January. My husband has an open work permit which also expires on the end of January. We are PR applicants with AOR in September. I applied to extend my work permit on October 21st and I have not heard back from CIC yet. We did not applied for my husband's open work permit extension, because we thought we would get PR before our current work permit expires and it is an extra cost of 255 CAD. But now that our status is going to expire, I am stressed out and I do not know what I can do about my husband's status. Could you please advise us about this issue?

Thanks
You will be on implied status and can continue to work until they reach a decision on your work permit application (even if your PR is not yet issued). If they approve your WP, excellent, if they don't, I believe the only thing you can do is to apply to restore status as a visitor and wait until your PR is issued.

You have to apply to extend your husband open work permit before it expires. If you think there is a risk of him being denied for whatever reason, they submit the application as close as possible to the expiration date of his current one. This way, it'll take longer for them to process it and you maximise the time he is eligible to work on implied status. Note that you need to submit it while the current WP is still valid. A single day after the expiration date and he is no longer on implied status and cannot work. The only drawback of being on implied status is that you cannot leave Canada (you might be able to go to the US only but I am not 100% sure).

I believe that you only become a PR after the landing procedure. If this is correct it means that even if you receive PPR or even your passport back with COPR, but your work permit is expired, you not eligible to work until you do the landing.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patrick_Du said:
what a complex background can cost them 4 months to check...
haha not sure....
In Canada for 3 years and my spouse for 4 years.. have not traveled to anywhere in between,. we both Just came from our home country to here..
Not sure what are they checking.. :)

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie_in_NL said:
You will be on implied status and can continue to work until they reach a decision on your work permit application (even if your PR is not yet issued). If they approve your WP, excellent, if they don't, I believe the only thing you can do is to apply to restore status as a visitor and wait until your PR is issued.

You have to apply to extend your husband open work permit before it expires. If you think there is a risk of him being denied for whatever reason, they submit the application as close as possible to the expiration date of his current one. This way, it'll take longer for them to process it and you maximise the time he is eligible to work on implied status. Note that you need to submit it while the current WP is still valid. A single day after the expiration date and he is no longer on implied status and cannot work. The only drawback of being on implied status is that you cannot leave Canada (you might be able to go to the US only but I am not 100% sure).

I believe that you only become a PR after the landing procedure. If this is correct it means that even if you receive PPR or even your passport back with COPR, but your work permit is expired, you not eligible to work until you do the landing.

Hey +1 for you...,
This was the answer I was looking for my frnd.. and I posted the question and noone answered..
thank u so much....
Both his and his wife's WP expiring on Jan 28th and she applied for LMIA; and waiting for the result.. But she can apply for BOWP shows she is waiting for LMIA; but not sure how does he apply for BOWP, as they have not applied for PNP yet. she will get LMIA next month and can apply for PR- but we have to restore both of them status until then?

Do u think he can apply for an extension while his wife is waiting for LMIA? Then they can apply for PR during the period.

shellyp

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
I finally received my GCMS notes. It is looooooooooong.

Basically, I can see my application has been on hold since October 24, which is when I received the request for RPRF fee payment and did so. Although my BG check says in progress, I can see they have done all the checks needed, even the RCMP one. Everything is passed and "met". All they need to do is request our passports.

It is so frustrating that they have been holding it for 3 months. Application due date says Jan. 14. ???

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shellyp said:

Basically, I can see my application has been on hold since October 24, which is when I received the request for RPRF fee payment and did so. Although my BG check says in progress, I can see they have done all the checks needed, even the RCMP one. Everything is passed and "met". All they need to do is request our passports.

It is so frustrating that they have been holding it for 3 months. Application due date says Jan. 14. ???

My due date was Jan 2nd; but did not get any updates until now.

Weekly

Aug 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shellyp said:

Hi Shellyp,

Does you CIC says "BG check - in progress "

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie_in_NL said:

Thank you so much, your answer was very helpful :) +1 for you

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
shellyp said:

When did you order your GCMS notes? I ordered mine on 15-Dec and I am yet to receive my notes.

shellyp

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Weekly said:
Hi Shellyp,

Does you CIC says "BG check - in progress "
Yes, it says that since the beginning, but on the notes it shows that they had all my police information since the beginning, including Canada's. I guess they just didn't bother updating the status.

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
shellyp said:
December 18. You should email them and ask about it.
I sent them a mail yesterday but I got nothing except a standard automated reply asking me to wait for 5 days for them to respond. It is so weird that even for something like GCMS notes CIC is not able to maintain a FIFO queue.

shellyp

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
cseeker said:
I sent them a mail yesterday but I got nothing except a standard automated reply asking me to wait for 5 days for them to respond. It is so weird that even for something like GCMS notes CIC is not able to maintain a FIFO queue.
I hope you get them soon. Not much information, though. I thought I would see more. =(

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
shellyp said:
I hope you get them soon. Not much information, though. I thought I would see more. =(
Well this is my second set of GCMS notes, in the previous one I noticed that R-10 was OK (on Oct-20). I am eagerly waiting for the latest notes because the current one will have something from the assigned VO.

vernon22445

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Hi Guys i am Oct Aor applicant. I am trying to order GCMS notes as my background still shows "Not Started".

while filling the online form for GCMS its asking for Client #, File # & "Use the space below to provide any information that will help CIC to process your request (maximum 1500 characters)." what should i fill in those.

File # means receipt # ? KIndly help me