+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in September Let's Connect here

mylhk

Oct 14, 2015
Aiqan said:
Come on Sep PPRs start already.. :(
Totally understand it. A Sep 4 AORer, my background check should have started 3 weeks ago judged from others' experience, while it still shows 'not started' in mycic :'(
Yet I still believe it is not that bad - seems quite a number of Sep FSW outlanders' background check hasn't started. Maybe it is just a matter of time - whatever will be will be...

BigKhaled

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-09-2015
Things are working out.

There were some weeks without activity but it is becoming hot and they are working with July, August, including one from Aug 30th. September will start very soon.

Good luck for all of us !!!

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
The fact that background check starts, it doesn't mean that you are ahead of those who have background not started. In many cases, a background doesn't get updated not even after getting PPR. So let's don't panic if it hasn't after 4 months. Mine started on nov 15, 2015. No movement after that, just got additional document requested this week. So let's wait and worry if we are 2 weeks to 6 months mark. For now, just lets learn to wait. Hope today is a great day for sept PPR

BigKhaled

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-09-2015
Are there cases that received PPR without an update in background check? I mean... with the message Background check: Not Started.

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
BigKhaled said:
Are there cases that received PPR without an update in background check? I mean... with the message Background check: Not Started.
I saw these cases on July and August. You could ask to those forums and verify if you wish to. But yes, people asked about background and the comments were it hasn't been updated. Others said it didn't move from not started.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,
I need your advice on my current situation. My work permit expires on the end of January. My husband has an open work permit which also expires on the end of January. We are PR applicants with AOR in September. I applied to extend my work permit on October 21st and I have not heard back from CIC yet. We did not applied for my husband's open work permit extension, because we thought we would get PR before our current work permit expires and it is an extra cost of 255 CAD. But now that our status is going to expire, I am stressed out and I do not know what I can do about my husband's status. Could you please advise us about this issue?

Thanks

alyahmed

Oct 2, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masin said:
Dear friends,
I need your advice on my current situation. My work permit expires on the end of January. My husband has an open work permit which also expires on the end of January. We are PR applicants with AOR in September. I applied to extend my work permit on October 21st and I have not heard back from CIC yet. We did not applied for my husband's open work permit extension, because we thought we would get PR before our current work permit expires and it is an extra cost of 255 CAD. But now that our status is going to expire, I am stressed out and I do not know what I can do about my husband's status. Could you please advise us about this issue?

Thanks
As long as you applied for your bridging of work permit before the old work permit expires, then you would fall under implied status. you can still stay and work in the country with no problem.

asivrp41

Dec 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JC85 said:
I saw these cases on July and August. You could ask to those forums and verify if you wish to. But yes, people asked about background and the comments were it hasn't been updated. Others said it didn't move from not started.
Yes Mine was like that.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alyahmed said:
As long as you applied for your bridging of work permit before the old work permit expires, then you would fall under implied status. you can still stay and work in the country with no problem.
You are right. I won't have any problems, I am asking about my husband's status.

NeilSam

Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Sep-18th
AOR Received.
Sep-23th
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Feb 15th 2016
LANDED..........
March 3rd 2016
Masin said:
Dear friends,

Thanks
you should also ask ur husband to apply for WP extension , so even after your husband WP expires he can still stay on implied status.
As ur Sep AOR, hopefully you will get PPR 1st of feb... :)

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Masin said:
You are right. I won't have any problems, I am asking about my husband's status.
If you can apply for renewable of his WP, I will do it today not Monday, so he can fall under implied status as well. Otherwise, he might have to apply for a visitor visa. That was my case, I couldn't renew my WP and CIC suggested getting a visitor visa. However, he can't work as you'll know. He also needs to do it before the permit expires. Good luck and hope you guys get papers before it!!! My AOR is Sept 3, 2015 and waiting as well

rkurtur

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masin said:
Dear friends,

Thanks
Hello Masin,

I am also in your situation but funny thing is I am principal application with closed WP expiring by Jan 30 and I didn't submit my bridge/extension wp and eagerly waiting for PPR. I will wait for one more week then I will apply for wp extension for me and for my wife. I hope we can apply even one day before our current wp expires to be in implied status. Fingers crossed!!

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkurtur said:
Hello Masin,

I am also in your situation but funny thing is I am principal application with closed WP expiring by Jan 30 and I didn't submit my bridge/extension wp and eagerly waiting for PPR. I will wait for one more week then I will apply for wp extension for me and for my wife. I hope we can apply even one day before our current wp expires to be in implied status. Fingers crossed!!
Hi Rkurtur,
I am also principle applicant with closed work permit and my husband is eligible for OWP based on my work permit. But because I have not received my new work permit yet and I have not applied for him when I was applying for mine, I do not know how is the procedure now. Fingers crossed we hear about our PR application early enough so that we do not have to apply for any other WP or Visitor status any more!

Thanks