+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2018

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Same for me!!! Ready for Visa! But I am wondering what are the next steps. They are asking me to send copies of our passports, but then what? How long does it take to get the card? Anybody knows. We are currently in Canada.
Congratulations! This gives me hope. I think after you send pasaports, they send you COPR (Con
Same for me!!! Ready for Visa! But I am wondering what are the next steps. They are asking me to send copies of our passports, but then what? How long does it take to get the card? Anybody knows. We are currently in Canada.
congratulations!! This gives me hope. I am March AOR under Review Required.
I think after you send passports they send you COPR (Confirmation of PR). Whit this you go to a point of entry to do the Landing process.

Jimioguns

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Huge Congratulations, been a long wait eh... Am in Canada too, so am guessing we got the same mail, detailing Steps 1 - 4. you first have to submit that, along with any accompany personnel. and they return your passport with a visa and COPR. you then have to land. There are 3 options available.
1. Book to land at your nearest visa office (usually takes 3 weeks after you get your COPR)
2. Leave the Canada and return (expensive)
3. do a Border landing (cheapest), drive to the nearest border and return

Your PR card comes to you approx 3 months after landing. so expect that in around May.

Julien_Noel

Jan 16, 2018
OK so we won't have the COPR until at least March 1st (we waiting on her passport to be renewed because expiring soon). Then we have a trip outside of Canada booked in April. Should I wait until then to activate my COPR or I do it earlier but then am I able to travel while I waiting for my PR card? I doubt it.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Vous pouvez effectuer un "landing" avec votre COPR, puis demander vos cartes PR. Une fois la demande faite, vous pouvez voyager à l'extérieur du Canada en attendant les cartes PR. C'est ce qu'on appelle normalement un "soft landing" pour les personnes vivant à l'extérieur du Canada. Le fait que vous habitez déjà là-bas pose moins de problèmes. Vous serez déjà un PR du jour où vous faites le "landing", pour ainsi dire. Je suppose que vous êtes citoyen d'un pays qui n'exige normalement pas de visa pour entrer au Canada.

English: You can do a landing with your COPR, then apply for your PR cards. Once the request is made, you can travel outside of Canada while waiting for your PR cards. This is normally called a "soft landing" for people living outside of Canada. The fact that you already live there is less of a problem. You will already be a PR as of the day you do the landing, so to speak. I suppose you are a citizen of a country that does not normally require a visa to enter Canada.

OK so we won't have the COPR until at least March 1st (we waiting on her passport to be renewed because expiring soon). Then we have a trip outside of Canada booked in April. Should I wait until then to activate my COPR or I do it earlier but then am I able to travel while I waiting for my PR card? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mumbaikar88

Julien_Noel

Jan 16, 2018
Vous pouvez effectuer un "landing" avec votre COPR, puis demander vos cartes PR. Une fois la demande faite, vous pouvez voyager à l'extérieur du Canada en attendant les cartes PR. C'est ce qu'on appelle normalement un "soft landing" pour les personnes vivant à l'extérieur du Canada. Le fait que vous habitez déjà là-bas pose moins de problèmes. Vous serez déjà un PR du jour où vous faites le "landing", pour ainsi dire.

Je suppose que vous êtes citoyen d'un pays qui n'exige normalement pas de visa pour entrer au Canada.
I will answer in English since most of the people on this forum speaks English (and that my keyboard has no accents!). I understand that once I landed, I am a Permanent Resident in the eyes of Canadian immigration, but I was repeatedly told, and I could read it online, that if I was to leave Canada without having yet received my PR card, no airlines will let me board a flight back to Canada as my eTA will no longer be active and that they will require a PR card. Do you agree?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
This is why I asked if you are a citizen of a country that does not normally require a visa to travel to Canada. Are you French and can you not apply for another eTA? Then it should not be problem. However, if you are a citizen of a country that normally requires a visa to travel to Canada, you can request a PRTD: Read more here. Assuming you are going back to your home country for long enough to apply for and receive the PRTD there (approximately 20-30 days from the date of the application), then you can show this document to the airline.

(Also, people using Google Chrome can simply right click on any French text and the browser shows you the English translation. Voilà!)

I will answer in English since most of the people on this forum speaks English (and that my keyboard has no accents!). I understand that once I landed, I am a Permanent Resident in the eyes of Canadian immigration, but I was repeatedly told, and I could read it online, that if I was to leave Canada without having yet received my PR card, no airlines will let me board a flight back to Canada as my eTA will no longer be active and that they will require a PR card. Do you agree?

Julien_Noel

Jan 16, 2018
This is why I asked if you are a citizen of a country that does not normally require a visa to travel to Canada. Are you French and can you not apply for another eTA? Then it should not be problem. However, if you are a citizen of a country that normally requires a visa to travel to Canada, you can request a PRTD: Read more here. Assuming you are going back to your home country for long enough to apply for and receive the PRTD there (approximately 30 days from the date of the application), then you take this document with you to the airport.

(Also, people using Google Chrome can simply right click on any French text and the browser shows you the English translation. Voilà!)
I am a Belgian citizen, she is Spanish. My understanding is that no eTA will be issued for Permanent Residents that have already landed, so I'll be left with dealing with a PRTD, which might be complicated since we both travelling in different country, and I personally will be in Georgia... I think our best bet is to do the landing ASAP and request an "urgent processing" of our PR cards. If we do it quick, we might get the card on time before our departure in April. Thanks for your answers!

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
"No eTA will be issued for Permanent Residents that have already landed" -- I didn't know that and I haven't researched that. It sounds like you may have to postpone your travel to avoid the trouble of having to apply for PRTDs, especially as you and your spouse are going in different directions. I would not risk applying for a PRTD in Georgia as a citizen of another country - that just sounds too complicated. Besides it would take at least 20 days to receive it from the date of the application! I'm not sure you will be there long enough to even receive it. What's the purpose of your travel to Georgia? ;)

I am a Belgian citizen, she is Spanish. My understanding is that no eTA will be issued for Permanent Residents that have already landed, so I'll be left with dealing with a PRTD, which might be complicated since we both travelling in different country, and I personally will be in Georgia... I think our best bet is to do the landing ASAP and request an "urgent processing" of our PR cards. If we do it quick, we might get the card on time before our departure in April. Thanks for your answers!

Julien_Noel

Jan 16, 2018
"No eTA will be issued for Permanent Residents that have already landed" -- I didn't know that and I haven't researched that. It sounds like you may have to postpone your travel to avoid the trouble of having to apply for PRTDs, especially as you and your spouse are going in different directions. I would not risk applying for a PRTD in Georgia as a citizen of another country - that just sounds too complicated. Besides it would take at least 20 days to receive it from the date of the application! I'm not sure you will be there long enough to even receive it. What's the purpose of your travel to Georgia? ;)
For the ETA, it has been confirmed - you can't apply for ETA as a PR, it simply will deny your application every time. I am going to try to get my PR card on time and if it fails, I'll travel to New York and drive to Canada. I can't cancel my trips, too much money involved, and I am going to Georgia to visit my best friend, I love that country!

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Since PR cards are taking about 90 days to arrive these days, you might just have to travel to Canada by road from the US. My understanding is that you should be able to show just your CoPR when entering Canada by road? Is that correct?

For the ETA, it has been confirmed - you can't apply for ETA as a PR, it simply will deny
your application every time. I am going to try to get my PR card on time and if it fails, I'll travel to New York and drive to Canada. I can't cancel my trips, too much money involved, and I am going to Georgia to visit my best friend, I love that country!

Julien_Noel

Jan 16, 2018
Since PR cards are taking about 90 days to arrive these days, you might just have to travel to Canada by road from the US. My understanding is that you should be able to show just your CoPR when entering Canada by road? Is that correct?
Correct. The official processing time for PR card is 42 days though. We might also request an emergency processing considering my spouse is going back for medical reasons.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I see, okay. Well, good luck with all of it, and please keep me posted on how the urgent processing works out!

Correct. The official processing time for PR card is 42 days though. We might also request an emergency processing considering my spouse is going back for medical reasons.

jnemiada

Feb 12, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 04, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 04, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
January 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
please add me on whatsapp 5878895297

Feb 5, 2018 -- AOR
Medical Passed -- July 18, 2018

so far stuck on "we are processing your background check"

anybody got ppr yet?

Jimioguns

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
please add me on whatsapp 5878895297

Feb 5, 2018 -- AOR
Medical Passed -- July 18, 2018

so far stuck on "we are processing your background check"

anybody got ppr yet?
Wow a day after me, got PPR on the 31st of Jan. have you called, ordered GCMS?
do try to find out what going on with your application as am guessing they are a few of us Feb Applicants left