Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks, will do. been following that thread too, will mail NDVO in due time. Really appreciate this and let me know when you arrive in Calgary...
I will. Thank you. :D

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Mehn... Don't know if I should be excited, but Finally. Just spoke to an Agent and, every section is now Passed. Said I should wait for the PPR email.
Almost a year of waiting...
That’s awesome. My last part was passed last week as well. However my medical is about to expire so that will be another wait for approval. When does your medical expire?
Good luck anyways and wish that we all receive PPR quickly. We’ve been waiting long enough.

Jimioguns

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
That’s awesome. My last part was passed last week as well. However my medical is about to expire so that will be another wait for approval. When does your medical expire?
Good luck anyways and wish that we all receive PPR quickly. We’ve been waiting long enough.
My medicals were extended to the end of the Year (i.e. Dec 2019) I guess its because am already living in Canada, they did require my wife to redo hers (dec 17th, 2018) cause she isnt here...

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
My medicals were extended to the end of the Year (i.e. Dec 2019) I guess its because am already living in Canada, they did require my wife to redo hers (dec 17th, 2018) cause she isnt here...
Great. I'll see if they will extent mine or request a new one for me as well. I'm inland too with dependents outland as you are.

Jimioguns

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Congrats. Jimi. I've been following this thread to get your update.
Call again to confirm that your application is approved. Once it's confirmed, email NDVO. Check the June 2018 AOR thread for more details. Don't let them keep you waiting longer than you already have.
Hi Tobs,

Called again to confirm, agent said "Congratulations all is passed and approved, just wait now for the Ready for Visa email". So i have mailed NDVO; now, a new wait begins. Thanks for your help though. much appreciated.

Julien_Noel

Jan 16, 2018
Hi! Happy new year! It’s been lozng time without news. Did you get PPR already? I am still waiting...
Still waiting... Got a ghost update a few days ago. Since then, nothing. I got a one-year BOWP so I am less stressed, but I wonder that the hell is going on there.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Extensive travel history

Hello folks, first, good luck to everyone still waiting for your PPR. I have a question specifically for those of you that had extensive travel histories to find out whether your PPR was affected or delayed in any way.

I had roughly 100 international trips in the last 10 years, which I meticulously reported in the Travel History section of my application. Most of the travel was to Schengen countries for work while I lived in the UK, but I also had some travel to the Middle East, Africa and South America, with more frequent travel to Asia and the US.

I was only required to produce upfront PCCs for the UK and India, which I did.

I have a mid-December AOR and have a long way to go, but it’s never too early to start worrying, right? ;) I would be grateful for any experience or insight you can share.

Julien_Noel

Jan 16, 2018
Extensive travel history

Hello folks, first, good luck to everyone still waiting for your PPR. I have a question specifically for those of you that had extensive travel histories to find out whether your PPR was affected or delayed in any way.

I had roughly 100 international trips in the last 10 years, which I meticulously reported in the Travel History section of my application. Most of the travel was to Schengen countries for work while I lived in the UK, but I also had some travel to the Middle East, Africa and South America, with more frequent travel to Asia and the US.

I have a mid-December AOR and have a long way to go, but it’s never too early to start worrying, right? ;) I would be grateful for any experience or insight you can share.
My fiance and I had the same problem: we traveled extensively, including Middle-East, China, etc. I have been asking around and talking to lawyers, consultants and folks in the government where I work. The answer I got is that, yes, that type of travel can raise some flags, and if you reach a specific threshold of "flags", a thorough - and time consuming - background check is triggered. Usually it takes the form of requests sent to other countries, and some of them might take time to come back. Note that some "flags" can trigger a background check on their own (spending 4 months in Syria, for example). I believe our application was delayed because my fiance lived in Pekin and Shanghai for a while, which, combined with her stays in Lebanon and Israel, could have triggered BG check.

Julien_Noel

Jan 16, 2018
I don’t know either what is happening. Just patiently waiting..
I just got this answer to my most recent Case Specific Enquiry:

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry
."

I haven't received any email, and I surely hope this is not a negative decision...

Jimioguns

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Extensive travel history

In all honesty, we really don't know the criteria, for them putting people into extensive screening (well apart from if you are from the middle east, which is well known), usually its a random selection so pray you aren't part of that. The most important thing is that you submit all documents needed and provided them as accurate as possible. I'll give my ongoing process as an example.

Submitted my application Feb 3rd with AOR on the 4th, got move to IP2 around the 27th of Feb and the my application got stuck. ordered GCMS which came back about 3 months later, only to find our i was in Review required. Submitted a letter of explanation regarding the issue, and then criminality was passed in August (6 months after) then silence till Dec, where my Spouse was asked to do a re-medical. ordered GCMS report once every 2 months and it always said, Eligibility - RR; Criminality - Passed, Security - Not Started. and by 8th Jan. my application was approved (meaning security was a matter of days). Do mind i currently live in Canada, but i also have an extensive travel history, Spanning Europe, Northern America, South America, the Middle east, and Africa. so am pretty sure it shouldn't matter.

Am now currently in the waiting list for "Ready for Visa mail".

Best of luck and I hope yours isn't as much long as mine!!! Close to a year now... :(

Jimioguns

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
I just got this answer to my most recent Case Specific Enquiry:

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry
."

I haven't received any email, and I surely hope this is not a negative decision...
You'll be fine, you are way too deep to have a negative reaction, why not call them?

Jimioguns

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
I tried, 34 times in 5 weeks. Never got an agent. I gave up.
Just a little trick, try getting through to them using the Canadian residence option, once you get through, they redirect you to the Permanent Residency agents. mind you might take up to 40 - 50 mins wait but you will get through.