+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone want to join a thread for people applying in the near future?

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
amhel26 said:
Im filling my application to be sent on 15 of june, when we have the 1 year living together that is required for common law.
I love the idea of this thread, i definitely have thousand questions, everytime i open a guide or form theres always something im confused about.

I am applying outland (however i am in canada living with my boyfriend on a extended visitor visa) and we are applying as common law through the paris office ( i have spanish citizenship)

I was wondering if this thread is actually going to work just for help in filling applications since im reading a lot about ways to apply and other kind of questions. I think lleahdoll started this thread, so im wondering, is it working for you? should i just keep asking here any question i have about specific forms or is there any suggestions about how to actually get specific feedback on filling forms?

For example in form IM1344 in sponsor personal details question 8...if we are applying for common law, im guessing his current marital status is common law right? and the name of the current common law partner is myself? the person hes trying to sponsor?
now..in provide the date you entered into a the common law relationship?

i dont know if im missing something, but in instructions says "This is the date your status officially changed from being single to common-law, not the date you started living together."
but a common law parter is defined by them as "a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year"

so...the date we entered into a common law has to be the date we moved in together right?...or is it the date we started a relationship but we were not living in same city so cant be common law...

sorry for asking so much, hopefully this is the idea of the thread, some questions will be specific to cases but i guess some questions are going to be more general and apply to everyone. thanks!!!
I've found this thread as well as the forum in general very helpful!!!

I am not applying common-law so hopefully someone else can help you more on your questions! :)

anoga

May 29, 2014
Hello Everyone,

My partner and I will be applying shortly as we are coming up on our year living together, I have been gathering evidence since we have been together, I'm Canadian, he is Egyptian. Since I have no moved here to Egypt in September 2013 I want to start the process of collecting as much evidence as I can. I have travel itineraries, hotel reservations, photos, visas, my work contract, plus asking friends, housemates, landlords and who ever else can vouch for us to write witness/character letters.

Any advice with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
amhel26 said:
Im filling my application to be sent on 15 of june, when we have the 1 year living together that is required for common law.
I love the idea of this thread, i definitely have thousand questions, everytime i open a guide or form theres always something im confused about.

I am applying outland (however i am in canada living with my boyfriend on a extended visitor visa) and we are applying as common law through the paris office ( i have spanish citizenship)

I was wondering if this thread is actually going to work just for help in filling applications since im reading a lot about ways to apply and other kind of questions. I think lleahdoll started this thread, so im wondering, is it working for you? should i just keep asking here any question i have about specific forms or is there any suggestions about how to actually get specific feedback on filling forms?

For example in form IM1344 in sponsor personal details question 8...if we are applying for common law, im guessing his current marital status is common law right? and the name of the current common law partner is myself? the person hes trying to sponsor?
now..in provide the date you entered into a the common law relationship?

i dont know if im missing something, but in instructions says "This is the date your status officially changed from being single to common-law, not the date you started living together."
but a common law parter is defined by them as "a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year"

so...the date we entered into a common law has to be the date we moved in together right?...or is it the date we started a relationship but we were not living in same city so cant be common law...

sorry for asking so much, hopefully this is the idea of the thread, some questions will be specific to cases but i guess some questions are going to be more general and apply to everyone. thanks!!!
They want the date that marked the anniversary of 1 year that you moved in together, this is the date that you officially became common-law. Any date from any time before you had already been living together for a year you would not have been considered common-law. They want the date that you became common law which means on that date you already lived together for exactly one year.

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Myself and my fiance are starting this process and we have so many questions! She is Canadian and I am Irish, but we both live in Korea. The main thing I want to know, is that as we have lived in Korea for more than a year do we go through Philipines or the UK (as I'm Irish) or do we get to choose? Second question, is what is a reasonable time to put together all the documentation? Is is possible to do in a month?

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Absolutely I'd love to join! Made my medical appointment for 7/18, trying to get fingerprinted and the works, since I can apply for that 7/1.. Oof. So much bureaucratic hoop jumping... I will be so relieved when I finally mail off the application, I will probably cry. I have been waiting almost a year just to apply because of my Diversion.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
jmomcc said:
Myself and my fiance are starting this process and we have so many questions! She is Canadian and I am Irish, but we both live in Korea. The main thing I want to know, is that as we have lived in Korea for more than a year do we go through Philipines or the UK (as I'm Irish) or do we get to choose? Second question, is what is a reasonable time to put together all the documentation? Is is possible to do in a month?
I'm not sure about the VO that you will apply through. I dont think you normally get to choose but someone who has dealt with that before will answer.

It took me a long time to get all of the papers ready. It really depends on how much stuff you have saved and how much info you will have to track down. For example; if you are applying as a common-law couple you will need to prove that you've lived together for at least a year. Utility bills with both of your names on them would be perfect, but if you've thrown them out then you might need to go directly to the power and energy companies to get some reprints of them. That would take longer than if you have them. For any type of relationship you have to try to prove that the relationship is genuine, usually you can use pictures together, and proof of communication (if you've been together long distance)....some people I have seen on here say that they don't have very many pictures together because neither of them like to be in pictures.....so in that case it can be hard to scrape together enough pictures and other evidence to prove that your relationship is real. It will depend on your situation how long the doc gathering takes you. Somethings might be out of your control and will take longer like Police Record Checks, Getting your Option C Printout from CRA, and being able to get an appointment for your Medical test. Split up the workload between the two of you, go through the forms and checklists and make your own lists of what you need to gather and then double and triple check that you have everything, and post on here if you have any questions. :)

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
jmomcc said:
I had the option to apply through Manila as well but I'd recommend applying through UK, the Manila VO is swamped!
For instance, I chose to apply for my Study Permit through Manila 2 years ago but asked to apply for my PR through São Paulo and both were approved!

withhardshipcomesease

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
I'll be sending my application out in the next few days!
I'll be crossing my fingers, toes, eyes and braiding my hair hahah. Can't wait for this to be over with!!

bealem

Jul 19, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll join.
Sent my application into CPC-M for outland sponsorship and PR application of Philippine spouse.
Application package couriered to CPC-M on May 28, 2014.

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Wow, processing time for outland apps SA is now up to 52 days! Was 47 days a week ago and 28 days a couple months ago. Baaad trend. :-[

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
Gosh! It's been so long since I last posted here! :p

We're still waiting on our last requirements (my FBI clearance, his option C printout and letter of employment) until we send in our application.

Question about the medical exam: after you do your medicals, they do all the work of sending the results and you just have to send in the piece of paper with the bar code along with your application, right?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kcorbin said:

We're still waiting on our last requirements (my FBI clearance, his option C printout and letter of employment) until we send in our application.

Question about the medical exam: after you do your medicals, they do all the work of sending the results and you just have to send in the piece of paper with the bar code along with your application, right?
yes, when the doctor entered the information into the computer, it would have been sent to the CIC system. The barcode is what they will use to pull it up in their system.

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
Hello Everyone!
I have been reading up on the Family Class Sponsorship and have most of the info I need. I know most if not all these answers have been answered already in other forum topics but I just want to clarify things to make sure I am on the right track. Thank you all for your help!

I am a Canadian living in Canada and my wife is Japanese living in Japan. I want to sponsor her to Canada using the outland application.
(1)Would there be any problems with her visiting Canada for around six months while the application is in progress as long as we can satisfy whomever that she is planning on returning? Since a visa is not required my Japanese citizens I don't think this should be too much of a problem-
(2)What are the chances that she would have to return to Japan for an interview? My understanding is if we can prove that our relationship is genuine the chances are low, am I correct?
(3)Is #2 the only major downfall of using the outland application? If yes I don't see why anyone would use the Inland application unless spouse is already living in Canada
(4)If my wife gets an interview does that mean I would get one too in Canada?
(5)How does one sent in proof of a genuine relationship? If I included all relevant pictures and emails and messages I would be sending in a book... They don't accept DVDs do they?
(6)Would there be any problems with me visiting Japan while the application is in process? I don't see why there would be unless I get called for an interview...
(7)For a spousal sponsor do I have to prove I can support my wife or is it only if we have dependents that I need to prove this? I've read articles that say yes and some that say no.
(8)After the application is approved is there a period where we cannot leave Canada for say a vacation?
(9)For the criminal background check-My wife spent some time in Korea(a few years) studying. Does she need a criminal check from Korea as well?

Thank you all for your help again and hopefully I can get my application out soon XD

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
kcorbin said:

Yeah I haven't posted here in awhile either!!
I got my FBI clearance as well as an extension on my visitor status. So we will be completing everything this week hopefully and sending it off soon. :) Oh! I still need to do photos, so that as well!

And yes, as long as they're not working on some old system with paper, they should use e-cas to send it to CIC.