+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone want to join a thread for people applying in the near future?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
If anyone is thinking about applying INLAND in the near future, you can join this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2015-t255107.0.html

Hnamson1

Nov 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/03/2015
Doc's Request.
17/09/2015
AOR Received.
In Process 22/09/2015
Med's Done....
19/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2015 DM/ 23/11/2015 COPR
LANDED..........
27/11/2015
Hi!!! We are headed to Toronto in January for vacation and would like to complete our medical there. Does anyone have any suggestions on location or how to make the process smooth? Can they do the medical, x-rays and lab work all in one visit or do they have to refer you out? If they have to refer you out how long does it take to get in to the appropriate clinic? Thank you!!! Good luck to everyone, I wish we had finished our documents earlier.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Hnamson1 said:
Hi!!! We are headed to Toronto in January for vacation and would like to complete our medical there. Does anyone have any suggestions on location or how to make the process smooth? Can they do the medical, x-rays and lab work all in one visit or do they have to refer you out? If they have to refer you out how long does it take to get in to the appropriate clinic? Thank you!!! Good luck to everyone, I wish we had finished our documents earlier.
It depends on the clinic, I did everything on the same day at the same place (in Vancouver) but I was there for a half day (mostly waiting).
Give a call for a few clinics as soon as you can (some have longer waiting time), you can ask the total price and if you can do everything at once.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I'm thankful this topic is here.
I'm American female, getting married to Canadian male in B.C. on December 20th. I will return to USA two weeks later. This will be our 9th trip in 2 years.
My question is regarding timing of taxes and filing for him to sponsor me as spousal permanent resident. Can we get Option C form without actually filing taxes for 2014? I think he will owe taxes this year and would rather file tax return at last minute and have time to gather the money owed to Revenue Service. But we would like to file our PR application asap.

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
I used the previous year I had applied. So far I haven't heard anything and I was approved for SA so I would say that is fine. :)

anthone0

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
To those applying for an extension (in my case second extension so far), and just waiting to submit their PR application, when did you pay the 1040 fee?

I read somewhere that people do pay it in advance and include the receipt in their extension application for a better chance of getting an extension.

In my case, I still have about 2 months to achieve the 1 year of cohabitation, would be it fine if I pay my 1040 fee now so I can also include the receipt in my extension application?

thanks!!

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
Hi all!,
Would someone be able to explain this to me? I was reading up on Guide 3999 on the CIC website. Whats a Permanent Resident Visa?:

How long is a permanent resident visa valid?

A permanent resident visa is issued for a period not exceeding the earliest expiry date of the following documents:

the medical results for you and your family members or
your or your family members’ passport.
Important information: Permanent resident visas cannot be extended once issued. If applicants do not use the visas within their validity period, they must re-apply for immigration to Canada. Their sponsor will have to submit a new sponsorship application and pay new processing fees.
Thanks

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
kkdishin said:
Hi all!,
Would someone be able to explain this to me? I was reading up on Guide 3999 on the CIC website. Whats a Permanent Resident Visa?:

Thanks
The permanent resident visa (or COPR) is the document which allows you to land as a Permanent Resident. It will have an expiry date, you have to land as a PR in Canada before the expiry date. Once landed, keep a hold of your COPR. Some time after landing you will receive your PR card in the mail.

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
The permanent resident visa (or COPR) is the document which allows you to land as a Permanent Resident. It will have an expiry date, you have to land as a PR in Canada before the expiry date. Once landed, keep a hold of your COPR. Some time after landing you will receive your PR card in the mail.
Thanks for the reply, it was very helpful. So would I be correct in thinking that if I sponsor my wife using the Outland Application but within Canada and we get approved we will have to go to the border and "land officially" to get the COPR?

Thanks again.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
kkdishin said:
Thanks for the reply, it was very helpful. So would I be correct in thinking that if I sponsor my wife using the Outland Application but within Canada and we get approved we will have to go to the border and "land officially" to get the COPR?

Thanks again.
Correct. You can make an appointment at certain Service Canada buildings (the building you can go to apply for SIN, driving licences etc) but you have to book months in advance.

The easiest way is to drive to the border or fly to US and back if you live far from the border.

I live in Calgary and when I get my COPR I am driving really fast down to the Montana border 3 hours away!

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
Thanks andrew-brit for your reply! Helps a ton!!

Another quick (maybe) simple question. Who is considered a family member? If for example in my wife's (the Immigrant) application it states:
"Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) - You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form." or

"Include for yourself and each of your family members, proof of completion of the upfront medical examination from the Panel Physician" or

"Supply nine (9) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself (accompanying and non-accompanying"

who is included in "your family"? Would I (the Sponsor) be included in this? Would her immediate family (brother, sister, father, mother) be included in this? Or would it just be my wife as we have no children?

Thanks for the clarification! XD

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
kkdishin said:
Thanks andrew-brit for your reply! Helps a ton!!

Another quick (maybe) simple question. Who is considered a family member? If for example in my wife's (the Immigrant) application it states:
"Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) - You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form." or

"Include for yourself and each of your family members, proof of completion of the upfront medical examination from the Panel Physician" or

"Supply nine (9) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself (accompanying and non-accompanying"

who is included in "your family"? Would I (the Sponsor) be included in this? Would her immediate family (brother, sister, father, mother) be included in this? Or would it just be my wife as we have no children?

Thanks for the clarification! XD
If you are only sponsoring your wife then she is the only one who has to complete form IMM5669. Remember that form is for the applicant(s) and you only have one applicant.

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
Hello All!

I saw this on the CIC website:

Effective December 22, 2014, eligible spouses or common-law partners have the opportunity to work in Canada while they wait for their application for permanent residence to be processed.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada, before the approval in principle decision on their application is made.
Since it says
(CIC) will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada
I'm assuming it means only Inbound Applicants can apply? However I thought Inland Applicants were already eligible to apply for Open Work permits before this new rule? "https://www.canadianimmigration.com/spousal-sponsorship-canada-work-permits/"
Or does this mean that Applicants who are applying Outbound from within Canada can also start applying for open work permits?

Thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kkdishin said:
Hello All!

I saw this on the CIC website:

Since it says I'm assuming it means only Inbound Applicants can apply? However I thought Inland Applicants were already eligible to apply for Open Work permits before this new rule? "https://www.canadianimmigration.com/spousal-sponsorship-canada-work-permits/"
Or does this mean that Applicants who are applying Outbound from within Canada can also start applying for open work permits?

Thanks
correct, this is only available for inland applicants. outland applicants are not eligible for work permits. this new program came about because it's currently taking 16+ months for inland applicants to be issued work permits, which was only available after first stage approval.

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
correct, this is only available for inland applicants. outland applicants are not eligible for work permits. this new program came about because it's currently taking 16+ months for inland applicants to be issued work permits, which was only available after first stage approval.
Thank you so much rhcohen2014 for your quick reply. This makes a lot more sense to me. Thank you so much.

On another note, can someone please clarify the "Identity and Civil Status Documents" for the Family Class Japan Specific?
It states
A marriage certificate, birth certificate, Family Register or certified official copy and a translation of your unaltered "Koseki Tohon" and "Kaiseigen Koseki Tohon"... must be submitted
Since there is an "or" included does that mean I only need one of those listed? I was planning on attaching the marriage certificate as well as the birth certificate. Do I need the Family register or koseki tohon or kaiseigen koseki tohon?

Thanks again!