+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone want to join a thread for people applying in the near future?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kkdishin said:
Thanks AshleyAnne for your answer.
Is there any other way? Would it be possible to buy a refundable return ticket and as to extent her visitors visa once the application is sent in? I just don't want her to have to fly back and forth multiple times if we used the outland application.

Thanks
A refundable ticket is a good idea. However, she can ask for visa extension even if you are applying outland, since she is from a visa-exempt country, it is much likely that she will get the extension.

Have you checked on this forum how long would be the outland process through your visa office? The timeline CIC provide it's not always reliable.

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
sophieee said:
A refundable ticket is a good idea. However, she can ask for visa extension even if you are applying outland, since she is from a visa-exempt country, it is much likely that she will get the extension.

Have you checked on this forum how long would be the outland process through your visa office? The timeline CIC provide it's not always reliable.
Thanks for the reply sophieee I might just do the refundable ticket. I have checked how long the outland process would take and it is less than the inland process. However I do not want to be in a situation where we would be waiting whether or not she would have to return to Japan for an interview. My wife has no problem with staying in Canada for the entire process. I know the outland process has a lot more perks such as the ability to appeal but I've read on this forum that the appeal process is even worse than the immigration process. I think we have a pretty good case (enough evidence of our relationship) that we will not be turned down.

Thanks

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
You can show a return ticket yes, just make it for around 4-5 months and make it refundable, then once in the country you can apply. You just have to show customs that you aren't planning to 'sneak' in and never leave in case your application is denied. Just make sure she doesn't show any signs of 'moving' to Canada because even though immigration says that it is allowed and you can do it, customs wont. My husband and I just went through this since we wanted to move to Canada and apply inland so he could possibly work quicker. However our outland is said to be a lot faster and he is just going to leave around his birthday and we are only taking our pets and clothing across the border. I'm 'moving' home but he is just visiting and will have a return airline ticket to show it. I talked with many other people on here and the customs and immigration offiices before we made our plans.

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
Thanks AshleyAnne for your reply. Helps a lot, gives me a lot to think about before making my decision.

In regards to the "proof of relationship", when sending in emails and letters and such do these have to be translated into English? Conversations between my wife and I are all in Japanese.

Thanks

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kkdishin said:
Thanks AshleyAnne for your reply. Helps a lot, gives me a lot to think about before making my decision.

In regards to the "proof of relationship", when sending in emails and letters and such do these have to be translated into English? Conversations between my wife and I are all in Japanese.

Thanks
It's enough if you translate it by yourself, don't need to notarize. Send the originals along with the translation.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
I will be applying hopefully this week. Meds done Aug 26th, just waiting for PCC to arrive and Option C Printout.

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
Hello all!
Thanks for all your answers so far. I'm in the final steps before finally starting the application. I've just got a few more questions before I will feel prepared enough to start.
Background recap - I want to sponsor my Japanese wife to Canada via outland application while she stays in Canada.

1. Police certificate and medical exams, just to be sure - do my wife and her whole family need to get these done even though it is only my wife who is being sponsored? It is not made very clear in the "Country Specific Instructions". For the photos it states "accompanying and non-accompanying" but does not say anything about it for the medical exam or police certificate.

2. Also on the topic of Medical exams and Police certificates, how long are they valid for before they are not accepted anymore? I've read 3 months for police certificates somewhere.

3. When sending in proof of relationship via photos are there any specifications other than being "loose and not submitted in binders, albums, frames" such as dimensions, color or type of paper? So drastic example can I print them myself with my printer, say 4 per page double sided in black and white on plain white paper? What information should be included with each picture? Such as date, person's pictured etc?

4. My wife has lived in Korea for 2 years but not for more than 6 months in a row. (travelled back and forth between Korea and Japan while studying for 2 years) Should she still get a police certificate from Korea?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks! :)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
kkdishin said:
Hello all!
Thanks for all your answers so far. I'm in the final steps before finally starting the application. I've just got a few more questions before I will feel prepared enough to start.
Background recap - I want to sponsor my Japanese wife to Canada via outland application while she stays in Canada.

1. Police certificate and medical exams, just to be sure - do my wife and her whole family need to get these done even though it is only my wife who is being sponsored? It is not made very clear in the "Country Specific Instructions". For the photos it states "accompanying and non-accompanying" but does not say anything about it for the medical exam or police certificate.

2. Also on the topic of Medical exams and Police certificates, how long are they valid for before they are not accepted anymore? I've read 3 months for police certificates somewhere.

3. When sending in proof of relationship via photos are there any specifications other than being "loose and not submitted in binders, albums, frames" such as dimensions, color or type of paper? So drastic example can I print them myself with my printer, say 4 per page double sided in black and white on plain white paper? What information should be included with each picture? Such as date, person's pictured etc?

4. My wife has lived in Korea for 2 years but not for more than 6 months in a row. (travelled back and forth between Korea and Japan while studying for 2 years) Should she still get a police certificate from Korea?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks! :)
1. Only your wife. Only persons who want to become a PR of Canada need to get a medical and police clearance certificates.

2. Your medical results are valid for a year and your police clearance certificate(s) cannot be more than 3 months old when they arrive at CIC.

3. Other than those guidelines, no. Make sure you say who is in each picture, date, context etc. Such as "Me and my wife on our wedding day"

4. According to the CIC your partner does not need a police clearance certificate as it was not consecutive stay. Be aware though they could request one in the future.

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
Awesome! Thanks for the reply! Helps a bunch! ;D

andrew-brit said:
1. Only your wife. Only persons who want to become a PR of Canada need to get a medical and police clearance certificates.

2. Your medical results are valid for a year and your police clearance certificate(s) cannot be more than 3 months old when they arrive at CIC.

3. Other than those guidelines, no. Make sure you say who is in each picture, date, context etc. Such as "Me and my wife on our wedding day"

4. According to the CIC your partner does not need a police clearance certificate as it was not consecutive stay. Be aware though they could request one in the future.

radfellow

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
6-7-2015
Med's Done....
4-3-2015
Passport Req..
Praying and hoping soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Praying and hoping soon..
LANDED..........
Praying and hoping soon...
Hi..Im a FSw PR planning to apply sponsorship for my Husband and son in the coming months once i get back to Canada. Kindly answer my queries.
1. I am single when I got PR last APR 2012 and got married AUG. 2012 but failed to update Immigration that I got married. What should I do to update it? Will I be having a problem because I didnt update immediately as Im outside Canada which failed me to do so.
2. It is better to apply with the assistance of lawyers or can I do.it by my self?
3. Can I apply a sponsorship immediately to them or I need a job before I can do it
Thank you and Im hoping for your reply..

kkdishin

Jun 15, 2014
Hello again!
I have a couple more questions regarding the Outland Application. I will be sponsoring my Japanese wife using the Outland application while she lives in Canada.

1. When we are filling out the "Personal Details" section on her immigration forms what address should we put down? Should we include her Japanese address? Would the "Current country of Residence" be Canada? I will be putting the contact address as the Canadian Address.

2. Would anyone recommend using a lawyer? I hear they can be very expensive... If I follow the checklist and check and double check my forms to make sure everything is filled out should I be okay without one?

Thanks again!

lovely21

Apr 26, 2012
Hi guys

I am also in info gathering process , We just got married last month , he is 59 and I am 33.
Both Hindu Brahmin so no support from family . We have know each other for last 14 years and in relationship since 3 year but I got pr to canada in 2013 now that we remarried applying for his .

We have letters exchanged for last 12 years , conversation since I have been in Canada since 2013 like whts app, viber ,photos, gift bills ,text message of 2012 .....joint bank ac and house since 2013 .....

What eles should I collect and how to put it together .....please advice

Thanks in advance

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Hello and congrats on your marriage

I too is in the process of gathering all documents for filing for my spouse

I have a concern regarding your PR, you stated you received your PR in 2013

I am pretty sure you have to have your PR for five years and more before you can sponsor Anyone including your spouse

You might want to check this out before you sent your package into CIC

Can someone please confirm that this is true and if not correct me if I'm wrong ???

Again please find out and good luck take care

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Hi again

Ok so I found out about having your PR for only one year see below

The sponsorship bar

A person who immigrates to Canada under the spousal sponsorship program is now barred from sponsoring a new spouse or common-law partner for the first five-year period that the person is a permanent resident of Canada.

The consequence of the sponsorship bar is that a recently sponsored spouse who divorces their sponsor and enters into a relationship with a foreign national will have to wait five years from the date in which they became a permanent resident to submit the application to sponsor the new spouse.

The rule will continue to apply if the recently sponsored spouse acquires Canadian citizenship. It also applies retroactively to sponsorship applications that were not received by CIC by March 2, 2012. Many people who entered into relationships, but did not submit sponsorship applications prior to this date have unfortunately been caught by it, and will have to wait until the five-year bar on the sponsor is up.

So with that being said, Hopefully you received your PR a other way, and not by a previous spouse sponsorship
Again good luck and happy marriage !!!!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
needhimback said:
Hi again

Ok so I found out about having your PR for only one year see below

The sponsorship bar

A person who immigrates to Canada under the spousal sponsorship program is now barred from sponsoring a new spouse or common-law partner for the first five-year period that the person is a permanent resident of Canada.

The consequence of the sponsorship bar is that a recently sponsored spouse who divorces their sponsor and enters into a relationship with a foreign national will have to wait five years from the date in which they became a permanent resident to submit the application to sponsor the new spouse.

The rule will continue to apply if the recently sponsored spouse acquires Canadian citizenship. It also applies retroactively to sponsorship applications that were not received by CIC by March 2, 2012. Many people who entered into relationships, but did not submit sponsorship applications prior to this date have unfortunately been caught by it, and will have to wait until the five-year bar on the sponsor is up.

So with that being said, Hopefully you received your PR a other way, and not by a previous spouse sponsorship
Again good luck and happy marriage !!!!

The Op has was not sponsored as a spouse , so she can go ahead and sponsor her partner . Their is no such ban for skilled workers.