+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got PPR who applied with 50 additional point + ICT + CEC Inland

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
I was telling you from my own example I am an ICT(LMiA exempted) moved here start of last yr. When I initiated the PR discussion with company appointed lawyer last yr in April they told me that if I want to claim 50 points on valid job offer/arranged employment I can only do once I complete an year here in Canada and hence I started my PR process at the start of this year....
You can apply for any point of time there is no restriction, but you cannot claim additional points for Valid Job Offer and Canadian Work expience unless and until you complete 1 year (additional conditions apply)
Thank you.
This means after one year I can claim points for job offer + 1 yrs Canadian work experience

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you.
This means after one year I can claim points for job offer + 1 yrs Canadian work experience
You can for sure claim points for the Canadian work experience after the year completes
But for the job offer points you need the job offer valid for a year after getting PR and has to be from the same employer as ur WP.

Raising Star

Jun 21, 2018
I am currently working as a intercompany transfer under specialized knowledge skills for the past 8 months. I will be completing1 year in another 4 months. My employer has submitted for the work permit extension for another 2 years. Since it is a intercompany transfer my salary is being processed by my parent company in India (slary gets credited in India account) and I don't have proof for employment except for the T4. Regarding the 50 points for job offer I don't have the offer letter because in our company they don't provide offer letter but I have the letter which they submitted for my work permit extension which was addressed by employer to CIC. The letter had mentioned that they need my services for another 2 years and has mention about my job responsibilities. It also mentions my salary is being remunerated by parent company in India and company in Canada is kind of subsidiary of a global company. The letter doesn't have salary details and the work hours.

How to get around and get this50 points because without this I wont this points I will not get ITA. Is there are alternatives ? Do the Visa officer go for compaliance line by line in the website in a single document or they will be able to co-relate information in multiple document? My employer will not give offer letter is there any other letter or alternate which I can try from my employer

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Let take example of Infosys.
You mean Infosys in India and Infosys in Canada are considered different companies enough though on offer letter of India and offer letter for Canada both mentions company name as "Infosys". Not with suffix like Infosys India or Infosys Canada. So literally all letters same for company name for both offer letter.
Please excuse if it sounds like unnecessary argument. I am asking as I want to be sure before I let go a possibility.
If you read carefully the offer letter would say you are being transferred from Infosys India to Infosys Canada Inc. Even on infosys.com if you see Canada is listed as a subsidiary. So effectively you are transferred between two branches of the same company. So you need to have 1 year work experience with the canadian arm!

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
I have submitted my EE profile and claimed 50 Points. I have been doubtful if I should proceed with document submission or not.
My Scenario
I cam on closed work permit LMIA expemt to Canada in Apr'17 which is valid till Feb'19. Based on the document submitted for the ICT by the company, I have a job offer from company which was issued in Jan'17 and valid for 24 months for the ICT.

If you see the wording on the CIC website is now updated. It nowhere says that the job offer should be valid after 1 year after the issue of PR.The current context on website is as follows

Generally, a valid offer is for a job that is:

full-time and non-seasonal,
for at least one year,
in a skilled job listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2016 National Occupational Classification.
A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:

your pay and deductions
your job duties
conditions of employment, like your hours of work.

Another reference to confuse the matters further is following.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=697&top=29

My Follow-up questions, If my profile is rejected, what happens next?
- Do i get the fees back?
- Am I eligible to apply again by increasing score in other areas
- If my company agrees to file for extension of ICT visa, will it be impacted because of this rejection?

If i remove those 50 points, I am at CRS 418, where i do not see any chance of getting ITA. Only option would be to pursue my employer for extension and i can use the extension document.

Thanks in advance for any help.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I have submitted my EE profile and claimed 50 Points. I have been doubtful if I should proceed with document submission or not.
My Scenario
I cam on closed work permit LMIA expemt to Canada in Apr'17 which is valid till Feb'19. Based on the document submitted for the ICT by the company, I have a job offer from company which was issued in Jan'17 and valid for 24 months for the ICT.

If you see the wording on the CIC website is now updated. It nowhere says that the job offer should be valid after 1 year after the issue of PR.The current context on website is as follows

for at least one year,
in a skilled job listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2016 National Occupational Classification.
A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:

your pay and deductions
your job duties

- If my company agrees to file for extension of ICT visa, will it be impacted because of this rejection?

If i remove those 50 points, I am at CRS 418, where i do not see any chance of getting ITA. Only option would be to pursue my employer for extension and i can use the extension document.

Did you check this reference out?

Please find the references on CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1317&top=29
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29

If your PR application is returned(happens early within the document completeness stages - R10) then they will refund the complete payment.
However if they go ahead and assess your eligibility but still reject your PR application they will reimburse the RPRF part only...
You will be able to apply again as soon as you are back in the pool and have received the next ITA...
That WP extension application will have to be supported with a letter from your org to IRCC saying they need to extend your contract for another 1 or 2 years(or more). That will infact should strengthen your case ;). That extension, I think it is called Bridge WP

IMHO,you should be good to apply..

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom__V

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
My Scenario

for at least one year,

your pay and deductions
your job duties

@Akhs what will be your feedback to this poster...

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Did you check this reference out?

Please find the references on CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1317&top=29
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29

If your PR application is returned(happens early within the document completeness stages - R10) then they will refund the complete payment.
However if they go ahead and assess your eligibility but still reject your PR application they will reimburse the RPRF part only...
You will be able to apply again as soon as you are back in the pool and have received the next ITA...
That WP extension application will have to be supported with a letter from your org to IRCC saying they need to extend your contract for another 1 or 2 years(or more). That will infact should strengthen your case ;). That extension, I think it is called Bridge WP

IMHO,you should be good to apply..
Thanks for your reply. Hope things go well. I see that the guidelines are not crisp and there are 50 Shades of Gray ;) which can be interpreted by office in any way.

by the way, the bridge work permit is often when your PR application is selected and your work permit expiring, you can apply for Bridge WP to bridge the gap between WP and PR receiving. It is normally an open work permit.

In my case it would be an extension of the Closed Work Permit that I have. I just don't want to loose any chance to apply again or impacting my scope of applying for current closed WP extension

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for your reply. Hope things go well. I see that the guidelines are not crisp and there are 50 Shades of Gray ;) which can be interpreted by office in any way.

by the way, the bridge work permit is often when your PR application is selected and your work permit expiring, you can apply for Bridge WP to bridge the gap between WP and PR receiving. It is normally an open work permit.

In my case it would be an extension of the Closed Work Permit that I have. I just don't want to loose any chance to apply again or impacting my scope of applying for current closed WP extension
I agree with yaa, 50 shades of grey :D that’s what me and another forum member @Akhs were talking about.

I don’t know how does the bridging/extension works tbh as my ICT WP is expiring in Sep next yr....

So my org never gave me the reference letter which had text such job offer remains in place one year after award of PR.... my lawyer provided a cover letter to my application:

As such, Mr. Bimal’s job offer meets the requirements of the Offer of Employment since he has worked pursuant to the work permit for more than 12 months and has a job offer for at least 1 year (as you are aware, Express Entry files are being processed in about 2-4 months).

We are advised that the applicant has attempted to obtain a letter stating that he will be employed 1 year after getting the permanent residence. Despite the efforts, we understand the company has a policy of not providing such letters. We also understand that irrespective of the permanent residence application, the employer will be seeking to extend the applicant’s work permit if required at that time.

It is respectfully submitted that the applicant, therefore, meets the requirements of Offer of Employment pursuant to IRPR 82(1). Namely he has worked pursuant to the work permit for more than 12 months and has a job offer for at least 1 year (from the time the permanent residence application would be processed.)

Last edited:

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Thats a great help. I can use something similar for my LOE....
On what basis you covered that you have job offer for more than one year? What document were there to support it?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes... Asking you regarding the documents to support job offer...
I used the OINP guide as a reference to arrange documentation for the EE: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf. (Appendix 5)

Ref:
- 7.2 Employment Reference Letter
- 7.3 Work Contracts
- 7.4 Proof of Compensation
- 7.5 Canadian Work Experience

I provided the Offer of Employment (for 7.3) along with the Employment Reference Letter for the Canadian role.

In addition I attached similar set of documents for my previous role outside of Canada.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
I used the OINP guide as a reference to arrange documentation for the EE: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf. (Appendix 5)

Ref:
- 7.3 Work Contracts

I provided the Offer of Employment (for 7.3) along with the Employment Reference Letter for the Canadian role.

In addition I attached similar set of documents for my previous role outside of Canada.
Thanks for your response. I have some specific Question, I'll PM you.

Aug 1, 2018

Ref:
- 7.3 Work Contracts

Hello,

I am here on a WP and it is expiring on Jan first week. My company will be filing the extension soon. Can I mention like "having a job offer" to claim the 50 points?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Hari