+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got PPR who applied with 50 additional point + ICT + CEC Inland

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I am working for Indian IT MNC for last 5 years. Soon I am moving to Canada on Intra Company Transfer. Am I eligible for 50 points job offer? Technically I meet all points - Fulltime job offer, Working for employer on work permit for more than an year.

Point of doubt is that I my offer letter for Canada is for 1 year project and my work permit will also be for same duration.
If you are an ICT which is essentially LMIA exempted, you will not be able to claim points for valid job offer. You can only do that after 1 yr.
Moreover if your reference letter that you will include once you apply after 1 yr should include that job here in Canada is permanent or there is a mention that the role will be available after 1 yr of issuing the PR.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: lightning_crashes

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
If you are an ICT which is essentially LMIA exempted, you will not be able to claim points for valid job offer. You can only do that after 1 yr.
Moreover if your reference letter that you will include once you apply after 1 yr should include that job here in Canada is permanent or there is a mention that the role will be available after 1 yr of issuing the PR.

Hope this helps
Thank you
Are you sure on minimum one year work in Canada before claiming the point? Condition on website says you should have worked for one year for employer on work permit which is true in my case. It is not mentioned to be working on that work permit for one year.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you
Are you sure on minimum one year work in Canada before claiming the point? Condition on website says you should have worked for one year for employer on work permit which is true in my case. It is not mentioned to be working on that work permit for one year.
How is it true though? (the bolded part) Can you expand on that?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
How is it true though? (the bolded part) Can you expand on that?
Condition online: at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer
It is true because I am working for company A from last 5 years and going to Canada on Intra company transfer. Condition says at least one year work exp for same company (which in my case is company A) who is providing job offer (which is again company A for me)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/notice-express-entry-candidates.html

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Condition online: at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer
It is true because I am working for company A from last 5 years and going to Canada on Intra company transfer. Condition says at least one year work exp for same company (which in my case is company A) who is providing job offer (which is again company A for me)
That's what I wanted to confirm. The other poster is correct, you can only claim those points after working for one year for this company in Canada.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
That's what I wanted to confirm. The other poster is correct, you can only claim those points after working for one year for this company in Canada.
But it is no where written experience for same employer has to be in Canada?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But it is no where written experience for same employer has to be in Canada?
There's no need to state that as it is implied based on the criteria. You are free to try to claim those points as soon as you move to Canada, it won't work out for you.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
There's no need to state that as it is implied based on the criteria. You are free to try to claim those points as soon as you move to Canada, it won't work out for you.
Sorry I arguing to understand it well and I would like to be corrected if I am wrong.

Can you please suggest how it is implied? Do you know anyone who got rejected by claiming points being less than one year Canada experience Or you are saying it is implied because this is what everyone derived from the statement?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I arguing to understand it well and I would like to be corrected if I am wrong.

Can you please suggest how it is implied? Do you know anyone who got rejected by claiming points being less than one year Canada experience Or you are saying it is implied because this is what everyone derived from the statement?
Based on the questions under the intended work section unless you lie in your profile, the system will simply not grant you any points for having a valid job offer.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Based on the questions under the intended work section unless you lie in your profile, the system will simply not grant you any points for having a valid job offer.
I am still confused. I will read more and share my experience in due course.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
I am still confused. I will read more and share my experience in due course.
Let me try to clear your confusion. You have been working for XYZ India ltd. The employer mentioned in your work permit is XYZ Canada. You have to work for XYZ Canada for 1 year to claim 50 points.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Let me try to clear your confusion. You have been working for XYZ India ltd. The employer mentioned in your work permit is XYZ Canada. You have to work for XYZ Canada for 1 year to claim 50 points.
Let take example of Infosys.
You mean Infosys in India and Infosys in Canada are considered different companies enough though on offer letter of India and offer letter for Canada both mentions company name as "Infosys". Not with suffix like Infosys India or Infosys Canada. So literally all letters same for company name for both offer letter.
Please excuse if it sounds like unnecessary argument. I am asking as I want to be sure before I let go a possibility.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
You mean Infosys in India and Infosys in Canada are considered different companies enough though on offer letter of India and offer letter for Canada both mentions company name as "Infosys". Not with suffix like Infosys India or Infosys Canada. So literally all letters same for company name for both offer letter.
Please excuse if it sounds like unnecessary argument. I am asking as I want to be sure before I let go a possibility.
No one gives two hoots about the name of the company in your offer letter. You are being transfered from a company registered in India to a company registered in Canada. The work permit is for working in company registered in Canada. So you have to complete 1 year in the company registered in Canada to claim those 50 points.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I was telling you from my own example I am an ICT(LMiA exempted) moved here start of last yr. When I initiated the PR discussion with company appointed lawyer last yr in April they told me that if I want to claim 50 points on valid job offer/arranged employment I can only do once I complete an year here in Canada and hence I started my PR process at the start of this year....
You can apply for any point of time there is no restriction, but you cannot claim additional points for Valid Job Offer and Canadian Work expience unless and until you complete 1 year (additional conditions apply)

Last edited:

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
I was telling you from my own example I am an ICT(LMiA exempted) moved here start of last yr. When I initiated the PR discussion with company appointed lawyer last yr in April they told me that if I want to claim 50 points on valid job offer/arranged employment I can only do once I complete an year here in Canada and hence I started my PR process at the start of this year....
You can apply for any point of time there is no restriction, but you cannot claim additional points for Valid Job Offer and Canadian Work expience unless and until you complete 1 year (additional conditions apply)
Thank you. I understand now. Will wait for one year.