Anyone got PPR who applied with 50 additional point + ICT + CEC Inland

Priyanka2206

Jun 12, 2020
I got a reference letter form the company which sates following:

1. JD, HRS PER WEAK, BENEFITS
  2. SALARY,NOC
  3. WORKING FROM DATE
  4. IT STATES FULL TIME PERMANENT EMPLOYEE
  5. ASSIGNMENT IS IS TILL DEC 2023 AND WILL BE EXTENDED AFTER THAT AS NEED.
Docs i Submitted are:
initial offer letter (2013)
deputation letter
salary slips, tax, fund proof
reference letter with above details
salary increment

please note, my visa is valid till aug 2021 and company will initiate extension soon,
AOR Date: 30th Nov 2020

i hope my eligibility will be passed.

as of now medical passed, biometric number added.

Last edited:

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
I have seen PR got approved for 2 of my colleagues recently with the same letter (visa renewal letter issued by the company for ICT candidates). Hopefully it should work for all of us. I am going to take a chance for it with proper LOE. I think nothing to loose.
Did it work for you?

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
I have seen PR got approved for 2 of my colleagues recently with the same letter (visa renewal letter issued by the company for ICT candidates). Hopefully it should work for all of us. I am going to take a chance for it with proper LOE. I think nothing to loose.
Did u get approval?

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
@iWish2 I dont know it yet, my application is still in progress and not sure at what point I can be certain that its approved.
I will let you know once i get a definite result.

For other persons, yes I know some of my friends for which it has worked but again, we have several other examples for which it didnt.

So cant say.!!!
Hi, did u get approval ?

Vikram_kumar123

Feb 24, 2020
Many Congratulation !!

And yor are really luck that your company has provided such letter which state that they will keep you for 1 year after getting PR . My compnay has straight away refused my request :(

I have already submitted my application with valid work permit for next 1.5 years and hoping that will help my application. I have also submitted the employment letter which state that I working for company as full time permenant basic since "Date" , role and my Job duties and hoping for the best.

Thanks
Hi ubantu,

Could you please if you had received the PR, as I am currently in the same situation where you were in 2017. Please help ?

Vikram_kumar123

Feb 24, 2020
If you received than it’s fine, I had my eligibility pass based on such letter Only. no one will put such words on the letter to you. my Employer consulted with our legal team and they included these words- we are extending work permit in anticipation of him receiving permanent résidence and offer for permanent employment will be considered at future date.
i think last lines my employer wrote worked for me.
Thank you so much Rahul!

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
Hi ubantu,

Could you please if you had received the PR, as I am currently in the same situation where you were in 2017. Please help ?
Just sahring my 2 cents here. It all depends on the officer who process your file. I had applied twice and claimed 50 points both the times. First time it got rejected as the officer was not happy with the documents that i had attached to claim 50 points. However, my colleague had also attached the same docs and theirs went through. The next time , however, i took extra approvals to get a letter which had the sentence that i am here for indeterminate period of time, and second time i got through.
In the first application, the officer was not happy even though i had more than a years work permit. So it all comes down to the officer who check your file. Its at his discretion.

SimonAgre

Nov 18, 2021
Hi team being reading all this and really need you help for my next steps.

i moved with my family on June 7 2021 with a ICT and a closed WP valid until Dec 22 2023,i already completed my and my wife WES for Express entry and i will complete my english test in May (had a valid IETLS score of 9 before but already expired, will be taking the CELPIP since is cheaper within canada).

since ICT are LMIA excempti do no have that, i have beingw orking with my company for more than 15 years, and my job is permanent, i can get a reference letter about my employment in general.

i was planning to start my express entry profile exactly in June 7 2022, can someone shared what i need to have ready to demonsrate my Canadien work experience for that year (i guess payslips might be in order and the WP); Also in regards of the job offer since my current WP is valid till Dec 2023 can i use that as a valid job offer? in case that cannot be used can someone shared a format my company could use for a valid job offer my NOC is 0213 that would give me the extra points, keep in mind that is still LMIA excempt but my company can do a letter for me confirming my current valid WP offer and give one beyond that time, i wouldeed help on what could be acceptable for CIC in order to get the PR

shylaja2504

Jul 2, 2022
Hi All,

Would truly appreciate, if someone could help me clear my concerns:
I know its probably a repeated question but i wanted to make sure with my details if I can get an opinion.

I am a full time employee of Infy (8 years) and was on H1B in US for last 4 years, I came to Canada in April 2018 on ICT WP from US. My WP is valid till March 2020. My deputation letter to Canada states 16 months period from April 2018. I have current score of 433 without claiming Canada Experience or Job offer points.

I understand I cannot apply under CEC as I have not completed 1 year in Canada yet.
However, can I apply under FSW and claim 50 additional points for ICT WP(LMIA Exempt)with my current deputation letter.
if not then is it because my deputation letter is for 16 months and its already 6 months. I can probably get a new deputation letter till my work permit which is March 2020. would that be enough to claim 50 points under FSW.
I am just trying to see if I can apply for PR without having to wait for another 6 months to claim 1 yr Canada work experience if I am eligible.
Anyone from Infosys or any other similar company who is or was in a similar situation would of great help if he or she can share their experience on this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Pal, what happened to your case? I am on same boat. I was working on H1B and moved to canada on ICT WP. I have to move back to US shortly after one year in canada, based on my project timeline. I want to know If I can claim job offer points and 1 yr exp points as outland applicant. Please help.

tring

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
For CEC applicants, can we get 50 points for a job offer if it is until Jan 2024? I think the rule about it being 1 year after receiving PR sounds so vague, how can we even know when will we get ITA and when will we even receive PR

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For CEC applicants, can we get 50 points for a job offer if it is until Jan 2024? I think the rule about it being 1 year after receiving PR sounds so vague, how can we even know when will we get ITA and when will we even receive PR

So you have a LMIA with closed work permit, and one year Canadian experience. Here is what the letter must state. Ask employer to say that you will have full time employment, one year past PR.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I'm not sure I agree the rule is vague. This language is supposed to be included in the letter from your employer.

If your job offer is only valid until Jan 2024, then I don't think that will cut it since it will almost certainly take longer than Jan 2023 to get PR if you get ITA now.

Have you approached your employer about including this in your letter?

tring

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
I'm not sure I agree the rule is vague. This language is supposed to be included in the letter from your employer.

If your job offer is only valid until Jan 2024, then I don't think that will cut it since it will almost certainly take longer than Jan 2023 to get PR if you get ITA now.

Have you approached your employer about including this in your letter?
Hey thanks for the suggestion, it’s actually my new employer who I start with on the second week of Aug and they said yes to providing a letter for the immigration process. I just hope they do add in the particular language to satisfy or meet eligibility for job offer

mehulv

Mar 12, 2024
Hi there, Please advise
I am on a closed WP and is valid till April 2020. Last year I submitted my PR application in Aug 2019 and availed the Job offer 50 points. Recently I got my WP extension filed by the employer for additional 2 years. Now both the applications are processing parallel. Do you think this will be considered as valid job offer? In my offer of employment no where it is mentioned that "he will be employed for 1 year after PR visa is issued"
Hi M
Could you please share your experience? I am in ICT in Canada and got 2 years of extension. Can I claim 50 points for that?

mehulv

Mar 12, 2024
Hi bimale4bipeople,
I am in the same boat as you, and got an ITA in the recent draw. I am an Inland ICT applicant and have been working for the same employer for last 3 years in Canada and have current work permit valid till Jan 2022.

My employer will not provide any statement like "Valid Job offer for 1 year after PR'. But I can get an email confirmation from the Client for which I have been seconded to Canada that they will keep my contract in Canada for at least 1 year after I get PR.

Will having such written confirmation will help my case or it can have any negative impact on my application processing ?

Could you please suggest.

Thanks,
Hi,
Did that email confirmation work for you?