NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Hi All ,

Is anyone got PPR under CEC inland stream who applied with additional 50 job offer points and
They are in Canada on ICT work permit

Really appreciate the answer

Thanks

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
ubantu said:
Hi All ,

Is anyone got PPR under CEC inland stream who applied with additional 50 job offer points and
They are in Canada on ICT work permit

Really appreciate the answer

Thanks
I have applied PPR with the above mentioned criteria. At this point of time, I'm waiting for my BG to change for the second time followed by PPR. I didn't see any issue to my application so far. my AOR is Jan 17, 2017.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Great..you would be one of the first recepient of PPR post the Nov 19th changes for addiitonal 50 points for Non LMIA Closed WP.
All the best.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
adanac_ati said:
Great..you would be one of the first recepient of PPR post the Nov 19th changes for addiitonal 50 points for Non LMIA Closed WP.
All the best.
Is that true? I thought there will be many applicants. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted with my progress. Applicants with similar timelines are already obtained PPR yesterday. I'm just waiting for my BG to change. In worst case, it may be done before end of the month followed by PPR :)

Fingers crossed.

ubantu

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Baji81 said:
Is that true? I thought there will be many applicants. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted with my progress. Applicants with similar timelines are already obtained PPR yesterday. I'm just waiting for my BG to change. In worst case, it may be done before end of the month followed by PPR :)

Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the reply and wishing you all the best !!

Also , Can you please share when is your current work permit is expiring? and when you have applied for Passport request?

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baji81 said:
I have applied PPR with the above mentioned criteria. At this point of time, I'm waiting for my BG to change for the second time followed by PPR. I didn't see any issue to my application so far. my AOR is Jan 17, 2017.
Did you submit an offer letter for the 50 points which says 1 year work after PR? Or you provided any generic letter? Could you please let me know what exactly you provided for the 50 points? Thanks

There are many ICT people, including me didn't provide any such offer. That's why I am nervous on the outcome.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Baji81 said:

Fingers crossed.
I mean you are the first one to report in this forum i guess...there are many ICT cases eager to know the outcome of the additonal 50points based on whatever 'offer' letter they submitted...

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
WP_Jun13 said:
Did you submit an offer letter for the 50 points which says 1 year work after PR? Or you provided any generic letter? Could you please let me know what exactly you provided for the 50 points? Thanks

There are many ICT people, including me didn't provide any such offer. That's why I am nervous on the outcome.
Have you submitted your application? What is your current status?

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
adanac_ati said:
I mean you are the first one to report in this forum i guess...there are many ICT cases eager to know the outcome of the additonal 50points based on whatever 'offer' letter they submitted...
One thing, I clearly understood that people are making their own interpretations with those 50 additional points. Anyways, I'll wait for my outcome and then share you what I thought before submitting my application. ;)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Baji81 said:
One thing, I clearly understood that people are making their own interpretations with those 50 additional points. Anyways, I'll wait for my outcome and then share you what I thought before submitting my application. ;)
Asking as you worked for that company on a closed work permit for a year and they have offered you a job for at least a year after PR (in your job offer letter), you'll be good for those points.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
kryt0n said:
Asking as you worked for that company on a closed work permit for a year and they have offered you a job for at least a year after PR (in your job offer letter), you'll be good for those points.
Majority of them are currently working with companies on Closed WP and their job offers might be issued on full time basis when they landed in Canada because they are ICT and not Contractors. Thereafter their salaries will be increased based on their Performance. There will not be any additional job offer at this point of time to them. Their WP will be extended for a period of 2 years.

My question is when employee is already working on Full time basis with a company, should company has to issue another letter saying that my full time employee would be with us for one more year after PR? Is that what CIC expecting? I totally understand that if we are working on Contracting basis, we should specify the period for how long our offer would be valid. But what if for Permanent / full-time employees. For Permanent employees, tenure would be infinite and it will be terminated with the mutual understanding between employer and employee. This will not applicable if employee violated any serious laws of his company.

I don't think majority of the companies will not specify in any letter or give guarantee to any one that their employees will with them for X period of time because of several reasons.

What if employee want to quit even after having the offer?
What if all of sudden expected Projects are not coming in their way?
What if, company has to close for financial reasons?

In a nutshell, there are a lot of ifs and buts for this rule. Nobody knows what exactly CIC is expecting. It's is better to wait and see if anyone received PPR with this criteria and analyze what he/she submitted in order to get PPR. That will definitely help us or give us some sort of idea about CIC expectations. At this point of time, everything is in Air and everyone creating their own version of interpretation against that new change issued on Nov 19, 2016.

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
The 50 points hinges on the 1 year job offer:

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

- made by one employer
- for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),

for work that is:
- for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
and:

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
It's not open to guesses. You don't HAVE to keep working for the employer after you get PR but when you submit your application and claim the points you HAVE TO HAVE A JOB OFFER FOR AT LEAST A YEAR!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baji81 said:
Majority of them are currently working with companies on Closed WP and their job offers might be issued on full time basis when they landed in Canada because they are ICT and not Contractors. Thereafter their salaries will be increased based on their Performance. There will not be any additional job offer at this point of time to them. Their WP will be extended for a period of 2 years.

My question is when employee is already working on Full time basis with a company, should company has to issue another letter saying that my full time employee would be with us for one more year after PR? Is that what CIC expecting? I totally understand that if we are working on Contracting basis, we should specify the period for how long our offer would be valid. But what if for Permanent / full-time employees. For Permanent employees, tenure would be infinite and it will be terminated with the mutual understanding between employer and employee. This will not applicable if employee violated any serious laws of his company.

I don't think majority of the companies will not specify in any letter or give guarantee to any one that their employees will with them for X period of time because of several reasons.

What if employee want to quit even after having the offer?
What if all of sudden expected Projects are not coming in their way?
What if, company has to close for financial reasons?

In a nutshell, there are a lot of ifs and buts for this rule. Nobody knows what exactly CIC is expecting. It's is better to wait and see if anyone received PPR with this criteria and analyze what he/she submitted in order to get PPR. That will definitely help us or give us some sort of idea about CIC expectations. At this point of time, everything is in Air and everyone creating their own version of interpretation against that new change issued on Nov 19, 2016.
Baji81, you are absolutely correct in your thinking. This topic has been discussed here multiple time.

To add here what you said above, job offer is for LMO/LMIA/Contractor and not for full timers i.e. ICT.
CIC while structuring rules, made it in generic.

I read somewhere that your BC turn to IP2... I am sure you will get PPR soon and request you to create new thread with your experience and document checklist. So all other ICT folks can gain from your case.

All the best.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
kryt0n said:
It's not open to guesses. You don't HAVE to keep working for the employer after you get PR but when you submit your application and claim the points you HAVE TO HAVE A JOB OFFER FOR AT LEAST A YEAR!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp
It may be a dumb question again.

If we don't need to work for that employer after PR, why CIC is specifically asking to us provide a valid job offer from that employer? What a full-time /permanent employee should do here? How can he get a letter from company saying that his offer is valid for one more year which contradicts his full time position in that organization.

I'm not debating anything here, just trying clarifying my questions which may looks silly to most of them :)