+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got PPR who applied with 50 additional point + ICT + CEC Inland

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
One of my friend got PPR yesterday who fall into same category like us :)

Hello Ubantu

Please help me on this question, i am also in same problem, my work permit completing in May 2019 if i claim 50 points only i can submit through express entry, have you got PR with out 1. job offer letter stating one year you will be working?

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
Hello

I too have same question i need to claim 50 points for PR, i am working here for 4 years and my work permit completing in May 2019, can i claim 50 points my company not providing any job offer letter.

priya1214

Dec 3, 2018
I have a similar issue - Please provide your suggestions.
I'm currently on ICT WP from Sept 2018. My WP will expire by Feb 2020.
Will i be able to claim 50 points after 1 yr for Canada experience even if i wont have WP valid for 1 yr after that and even if i wont get letter from employer saying it will be extended for 1 yr?
Is this 50 points for the Job offer or for the 1 yr Canada experience ?

Kindly clarify. Thanks.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I have a similar issue - Please provide your suggestions.
I'm currently on ICT WP from Sept 2018. My WP will expire by Feb 2020.
Will i be able to claim 50 points after 1 yr for Canada experience even if i wont have WP valid for 1 yr after that and even if i wont get letter from employer saying it will be extended for 1 yr?
Is this 50 points for the Job offer or for the 1 yr Canada experience ?

Kindly clarify. Thanks.
- you need to work for 1 year to claim points for job offer (50 points) and Canadian work experience (35 points or more and additional points under skills transferability)
- so by Sep this year when you apply for PR and If you can support your application with a letter of reference from your organization in Canada mentioning amongst other things(such as job duties, designation, start dates, salary, number of working hours) a statement “your job will be valid after 1 year of granting of the PR” then. You will be able to claim these 50 points for job offer

CRS points breakup https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Valid Job Offer criteria
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Last edited:

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
If you are on ICT WP, you can claim valid job offer points only after you have completed 1 yr working here in Canada and Infy Canada can provide a statement in your letter stating that “have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after IRCC issue your permanent resident visa”
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Hello, when you say Infy can provide a letter did you mean Assignment letter ? or is it something else ?
I'm having 436 points now, I have WP till Nov 2020 and Infy Assignment letter Nov 2020. I just want to make sure I can claim 50 points using Infy Assignment letter

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
Hello, i wanted to ask the ICT +CEC applicants as what documents did they upload to show the home country experience for the company through which they came to Canada via ICT. Are the following documents enough:

1. Initial offer letter on Home country letter head(in my case India).
2. Salary slips
3. Reference letter showing the start date of employment, work hours and the start date of work in Canada and the position held in Canada (however it is on Canada letter head).

For the time i have worked in India, do i need to show a separate reference letter again showing the roles and responsibilities of the work done there. i was holding a different job title there but under the same NOC code.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello, i wanted to ask the ICT +CEC applicants as what documents did they upload to show the home country experience for the company through which they came to Canada via ICT. Are the following documents enough:

1. Initial offer letter on Home country letter head(in my case India).
2. Salary slips
3. Reference letter showing the start date of employment, work hours and the start date of work in Canada and the position held in Canada (however it is on Canada letter head).

For the time i have worked in India, do i need to show a separate reference letter again showing the roles and responsibilities of the work done there. i was holding a different job title there but under the same NOC code.
If you are claiming points for your experience in India, you need to get a letter of reference(on the company letter head) mentioning the job title, number of work hrs per week, salary, roles and responsibilities(if you held multiple roles through the length of your work experience it should be mentioned as well).
For your Canadian work experience you should also include T4 form as well

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
If you are claiming points for your experience in India, you need to get a letter of reference(on the company letter head) mentioning the job title, number of work hrs per week, salary, roles and responsibilities(if you held multiple roles through the length of your work experience it should be mentioned as well).
For your Canadian work experience you should also include T4 form as well
Well getting such a letter is next to impossible as the company is not even willing to give a letter detailing the roles and responsibilities, let alone the other details.
the best thing i can do is attach offer letter, current reference letter that i got in Canada for a bank loan(it has my starting date, work hours and the date when i came to Canada). And a letter from a colleague detailing my roles and responsibilities.

Anyone having any idea if this will be good enough?

Chethan_blr

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Hello Friends. Good Day !

I am in ICT working from past 3 months in Canada. i was trying to get additional 50 pints for the Job Offer. In my case i have worked for same employer in another country for many years but in Canada just 3 months.

This thread has lot of discussions around working for same employer in another country not being considered for one year experience. I am really not convinced that's what they really mean as they never explicitly mention working in another country for same employer is ineligible. and also, they collect the Canadian work experience separately under work history. All the letters from my employer have same name and Canada address

My question was not really to discuss the same point, but would like to know if anyone applied in similar situation and got accepted or rejected by CIC ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello Friends. Good Day !

I am in ICT working from past 3 months in Canada. i was trying to get additional 50 pints for the Job Offer. In my case i have worked for same employer in another country for many years but in Canada just 3 months.

This thread has lot of discussions around working for same employer in another country not being considered for one year experience. I am really not convinced that's what they really mean as they never explicitly mention working in another country for same employer is ineligible. and also, they collect the Canadian work experience separately under work history. All the letters from my employer have same name and Canada address

My question was not really to discuss the same point, but would like to know if anyone applied in similar situation and got accepted or rejected by CIC ?
I had claimed 50 points for the job offer and was on a ICT WP. I received the PR.

If you are on ICT WP, then you can get 50 points for valid job offer only if you have worked for min. 1 year for the employer in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

LMIA-exempt job offers – skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

In most cases, your employer needs a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support your job offer for Express Entry. Some jobs do not need an LMIA.

Your employer doesn’t need an LMIA to support your job offer if:

1. you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least 1 year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
  2. you have a valid job offer, and
  3. you have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under:
    • an international agreement
    • a federal-provincial agreement
    • the “Canadian interests” category

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
I have been working in Canada on the closed lmia exempt WP since April 15, 2019. I have my WP extended and a new job offer from the same employer until April 15, 2021.

I got ITA on April 20, 2018 claiming 50 points.

I am eligible for those, right?

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I have been working in Canada on the closed lmia exempt WP since April 15, 2018. I have my WP extended and a new job offer from the same employer until April 15, 2021.

I got ITA on April 20, 2018 claiming 50 points.

I am eligible for those, right?
Yes should be fine go ahead.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Did you submit offer letter with mention assurance m of 1 yr after getting PR? If not what doc you submitted to claim job offer points?

[ QUOTE="bimale4bipeople, post: 7868115, member: 749805"]I had claimed 50 points for the job offer and was on a ICT WP. I received the PR.

If you are on ICT WP, then you can get 50 points for valid job offer only if you have worked for min. 1 year for the employer in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

LMIA-exempt job offers – skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

In most cases, your employer needs a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support your job offer for Express Entry. Some jobs do not need an LMIA.

Your employer doesn’t need an LMIA to support your job offer if:

1. you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least 1 year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
  2. you have a valid job offer, and
  3. you have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under:
    • an international agreement
    • a federal-provincial agreement
    • the “Canadian interests” category
[/QUOTE]