+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got PPR who applied with 50 additional point + ICT + CEC Inland

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
So what you're saying is that since ICT applicants have a permanent offer outside of Canada ICT employees are exempted for having to provide a valid job offer which is "continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued"?
I meant the candidate is full time employee of the company and the company extends the contract of the employee yearly or every 2 years based on the demand of the project.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
from what we know so far a valid job offer that is accepted is one that:

1 - Has the wording "one year after PR" OR
2 - One that states that the applicant has a permanent job offer in Canada.
I will add “in Canada“ to avoid confusion.

Either way, as seen from the link I provided and the one below, not only FST applicants are required to provide a valid job offer but also CEC and FSW applicants.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
DelPiero07 said:
I will add “in Canada“ to avoid confusion.

Either way, as seen from the link I provided and the one below, not only FST applicants are required to provide a valid job offer but also CEC and FSW applicants.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp
I agree with DelPiero07. The job offer topic is applicable for both streams. Company has to provide a letter which states that our offer is on Permanent / Full-time basis. If company specify this, they don't need to add again "One year validity after PR". I have applied PR with this sort of letter and got PPR on March 24, 2017.

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
HiCan said:
I have a similar case like most of you, i.e. I do not have a letter stating job will permanent once I received PR. I have been a permanent employee for same company in India since 10 years and currently on long-term assignment since past 2 years. However, my assignment letter (which got extended in Jan-2017) states below which is really concerning me, especially the word "temporary". Not sure if this letter will help or reject my application :'(

Would appreciate to know from anyone who had submitted letter and already got PPR ?

"Your assignment will be for a period of approx. 20 months commencing Jan-2017. The exact duration, however, will depend on specific requirements of the project.
Please note that your on-site tenure based on this Assignment letter is temporary in nature and as a result you may be required to return to your base country per business needs."

Re-posting my query - did anyone submit letter similar to above and did you face any problems ?

kkdreamz

Nov 14, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Yes but you failed to read this "an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if"

Once you read that subsection it says "arranged employment means an offer of employment that is made by a single employer other than an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer who is referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii), that is for continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued, and that is in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix."

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-82.html
Got you. Thanks for pointing out 82(1) . Makes me to think again.

kkdreamz

Nov 14, 2016
last_try said:
what about cases where the company extends it by 1 year.. can we apply with that offer letter? but, during the PR stage only 8-10 months of offer validity will be left. Is it ok?
Exactly. We are sailing in same boat.We got work permit extension in JAN and AOR feb . By the time background verification in progress then we will have only 8 to 10 months. Ultimately if you have work permit even for next 8 to 10 months it doesn't guarantee that your company will keep you in canada for sure and it depends on the project. I dont guess all ICT companies will provide you a letter of future employment of 1 yr and that too on the day of getting PR. Let's say get PR processed at worst case of 8 months processing time, how come a company can you provide you assurance that I can give you work for next 2 years.

At other hand, If I dont want those 50 points and I fill the express entry profile. Only one way I can ignore is that you have to give No to the question " Do you have job offer ?" It is most generalized statement and please note that it doesnt asks Do you have valid job offer? (Before this changes I guess it this question means that you have job offer supported by LMIA) . So I give a NO ANSWER to Do you have a job offer ,will it not misinterpret the fact I have job offer in canada but still I gave NO to it. On other hand, how do you represent yourself that you are working in canada in your express entry profile .

Every body has different views on this and so as I am. We know the cons of it and still we applied on this contradiction. Time should give answer soon as we see applications moving . Even if we fail on this attempt, I feel always we have another attempt and doors will be opened one day for us.! Life is beautiful and So please positive and do whatever you think its right for you.

LogicalThinking

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
03-Mar-2017
Passport Req..
01-May-2017
kkdreamz said:
Exactly. We are sailing in same boat.We got work permit extension in JAN and AOR feb . By the time background verification in progress then we will have only 8 to 10 months. Ultimately if you have work permit even for next 8 to 10 months it doesn't guarantee that your company will keep you in canada for sure and it depends on the project. I dont guess all ICT companies will provide you a letter of future employment of 1 yr and that too on the day of getting PR. Let's say get PR processed at worst case of 8 months processing time, how come a company can you provide you assurance that I can give you work for next 2 years.

At other hand, If I dont want those 50 points and I fill the express entry profile. Only one way I can ignore is that you have to give No to the question " Do you have job offer ?" It is most generalized statement and please note that it doesnt asks Do you have valid job offer? (Before this changes I guess it this question means that you have job offer supported by LMIA) . So I give a NO ANSWER to Do you have a job offer ,will it not misinterpret the fact I have job offer in canada but still I gave NO to it. On other hand, how do you represent yourself that you are working in canada in your express entry profile .

Every body has different views on this and so as I am. We know the cons of it and still we applied on this contradiction. Time should give answer soon as we see applications moving . Even if we fail on this attempt, I feel always we have another attempt and doors will be opened one day for us.! Life is beautiful and So please positive and do whatever you think its right for you.
Count me in the same boat as well :) I have provided my extended WP valid till Feb-2019 and waiting for an update.
AOR:7-Feb
Med Pass: 3 Mar
BG In progress :3 Mar

kkdreamz

Nov 14, 2016
LogicalThinking said:
Count me in the same boat as well :) I have provided my extended WP valid till Feb-2019 and waiting for an update.
AOR:7-Feb
Med Pass: 3 Mar
BG In progress :3 Mar
8) 8) Let's wait and watch

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
kkdreamz said:
8) 8) Let's wait and watch
All the best guys. I wish all of you get your PPR asap. Don't distract yourself with several things. We already submitted our application. Be positive and every ICT brother/Sister will get their PPR for sure.

LogicalThinking

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
03-Mar-2017
Passport Req..
01-May-2017
Baji81 said:
All the best guys. I wish all of you get your PPR asap. Don't distract yourself with several things. We already submitted our application. Be positive and every ICT brother/Sister will get their PPR for sure.
Thanks Baji :)
We all will get the PPR mail soon ;)

kkdreamz

Nov 14, 2016
Baji81 said:
Thank you..! We wish everyone success..!

ubantu

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
One of my friend got PPR yesterday who fall into same category like us :)

LogicalThinking

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
03-Mar-2017
Passport Req..
01-May-2017
ubantu said:
Congrats to him.
By any chance u know his timelines??

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
ubantu said:
Great news. This proves once again that all ICT friends shouldn't worry too much about that additional 50 points mystery. I'm 100% sure everyone will get their turn and it is just matter of time. Be positive and keep up your patience. :) :)

kkdreamz

Nov 14, 2016
Baji81 said:
Great news. This proves once again that all ICT friends shouldn't worry too much about that additional 50 points mystery. I'm 100% sure everyone will get their turn and it is just matter of time. Be positive and keep up your patience. :) :)
True.! Hope its good for everyone