NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
kkdreamz said:
I know a person applied with 50 points for ICT and got PPR . Please note that he didnt submitted letter that he will have valid job offer for 1 year.

He has submitted that he holds full time permanent position here.

Thanks!
Thanks for the reply but do you know what is his WP expiry day of your friend ?

Because we are seeing lots of people who got PPR with ICT + 50 additional but for those all have their WP expiry date is longer than 1 year or almost 1 year.

I was looking for person who got PPR with 50 point + ICT + WP expiry date in next 6 months + No letter from company which state 1 year of job confirmation.

Thanks

kkdreamz

Nov 14, 2016
I dont my friend's Work permit end date but it should be less than a year for sure. Whats is your AOR ? My WP expires by End of year. Also I know one earlier jan applicant still waiting for PPR. Will keep posted if I hear any one with such criteria gets PPR.

Also Please note that if you read the detailed ministerial instructions of immigration, 1 year job offer is needed for skill trades person only. I am not sure under which category you have applied for.

Thanks!

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
kkdreamz said:
I dont my friend's Work permit end date but it should be less than a year for sure. Whats is your AOR ? My WP expires by End of year. Also I know one earlier jan applicant still waiting for PPR. Will keep posted if I hear any one with such criteria gets PPR.

Also Please note that if you read the detailed ministerial instructions of immigration, 1 year job offer is needed for skill trades person only. I am not sure under which category you have applied for.

Thanks!
Thanks.. can you point where is this referenced in the ministerial instructions?

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Also, after applying the 50 points.. its showing both FSW and CEC as met.. in case, if it gets picked in the draw, will we have option of which one to apply for?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
last_try said:
Also, after applying the 50 points.. its showing both FSW and CEC as met.. in case, if it gets picked in the draw, will we have option of which one to apply for?
No. You'll receive an invitation under CEC.

kkdreamz

Nov 14, 2016
last_try said:
Thanks.. can you point where is this referenced in the ministerial instructions?
Please find it at : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Under qualifying job offer : 2 -> A -> III will be the ICT

One year of future job offer is not described under it and its mentioned under 2) -> B which is mentioned for skills trades person.

This is what my understanding and if you look in to CIC general instructions they have just mentioned it as just on the whole for the section and not in detail.

Hope our dreams come true.!

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
kkdreamz said:
Please find it at : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

One year of future job offer is not described under it and its mentioned under 2) -> B which is mentioned for skills trades person.

This is what my understanding and if you look in to CIC general instructions they have just mentioned it as just on the whole for the section and not in detail.

Exactly.. I read this before and missed the link. When I asked about it earlier, there was different view. It's good that we are of the same view.
Yes, hopefully our dream comes true soon.

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
Must say, this is really a great thread, and the comments from everyone are very helpful especially for people like me who are on ICT-WP. :)

I have a similar case like most of you, i.e. I do not have a letter stating job will permanent once I received PR. I have been a permanent employee for same company in India since 10 years and currently on long-term assignment since past 2 years. However, my assignment letter (which got extended in Jan-2017) states below which is really concerning me, especially the word "temporary". Not sure if this letter will help or reject my application :'(

Would appreciate to know from anyone who had submitted letter and already got PPR ?

"Your assignment will be for a period of approx. 20 months commencing Jan-2017. The exact duration, however, will depend on specific requirements of the project.
Please note that your on-site tenure based on this Assignment letter is temporary in nature and as a result you may be required to return to your base country per business needs."

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkdreamz said:

Yes but you failed to read this "an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if"

Once you read that subsection it says "arranged employment means an offer of employment that is made by a single employer other than an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer who is referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii), that is for continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued, and that is in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix."

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-82.html

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Baji81 said:
Majority of them are currently working with companies on Closed WP and their job offers might be issued on full time basis when they landed in Canada because they are ICT and not Contractors. Thereafter their salaries will be increased based on their Performance. There will not be any additional job offer at this point of time to them. Their WP will be extended for a period of 2 years.

My question is when employee is already working on Full time basis with a company, should company has to issue another letter saying that my full time employee would be with us for one more year after PR? Is that what CIC expecting? I totally understand that if we are working on Contracting basis, we should specify the period for how long our offer would be valid. But what if for Permanent / full-time employees. For Permanent employees, tenure would be infinite and it will be terminated with the mutual understanding between employer and employee. This will not applicable if employee violated any serious laws of his company.

I don't think majority of the companies will not specify in any letter or give guarantee to any one that their employees will with them for X period of time because of several reasons.

What if employee want to quit even after having the offer?
What if all of sudden expected Projects are not coming in their way?
What if, company has to close for financial reasons?

In a nutshell, there are a lot of ifs and buts for this rule. Nobody knows what exactly CIC is expecting. It's is better to wait and see if anyone received PPR with this criteria and analyze what he/she submitted in order to get PPR. That will definitely help us or give us some sort of idea about CIC expectations. At this point of time, everything is in Air and everyone creating their own version of interpretation against that new change issued on Nov 19, 2016.
what about cases where the company extends it by 1 year.. can we apply with that offer letter? but, during the PR stage only 8-10 months of offer validity will be left. Is it ok?

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Yes but you failed to read this "an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if"

Once you read that subsection it says "arranged employment means an offer of employment that is made by a single employer other than an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer who is referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii), that is for continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued, and that is in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix."

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-82.html
Although, what you have quoted is true, I believe.. ICT will be out of this.. as the employees are permanent full time employees of the employer.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
last_try said:
Although, what you have quoted is true, I believe.. ICT will be out of this.. as the employees are permanent full time employees of the employer.
ICT is not out of this (as seen from the countless posts of people who do not have a permanent job offer) and from what we know so far a valid job offer that is accepted is one that:

1 - Has the wording "one year after PR" OR
2 - One that states that the applicant has a permanent job offer.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
ICT is not out of this (as seen from the countless posts of people who do not have a permanent job offer) and from what we know so far a valid job offer that is accepted is one that:

1 - Has the wording "one year after PR" OR
2 - One that states that the applicant has a permanent job offer.
DelPiero, the permanent job offer referred by some of the candidates here is of the base country. For all of the ICT employees, it will be permanent and their Canadian assignment will be time period based 1 or 2 years.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
last_try said:
DelPiero, the permanent job offer referred by some of the candidates here is of the base country. For all of the ICT employees, it will be permanent and their Canadian assignment will be time period based 1 or 2 years.
So what you're saying is that since ICT applicants have a permanent offer outside of Canada ICT employees are exempted for having to provide a valid job offer which is "continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued"?