NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
AAlhadka said:
Dear all, I'm pumping up this thread again to share my news - I woke up this morning with a message that my CIC has been updated, and what I checked, I found that my application became "OPEN" again!!!!!! I'm back in the process and I hope the process will be completed in the coming few weeks!!

Advice - anyone who got his application cancelled read this thread, and if you are just missing documents, having a misunderstanding or misinterpretation of a situation, DON'T GIVE UP!!!! I have sent CSE with LOTS of supporting documents and my case was so different, I have asked for advice from different lawyers, and followed many good advices in this forum and here I'm after waiting for 42 days, my application got re-open.

I would like to THANK EVERYONE who shared his/her experience, support and hope. Especial thanks to "Colorblind" and "dragon17sky"

Now I'm freaked out if there are any other missing documents (especially old passports) which we didn't upload!! me and my son have new passports since 2014 with very few stamps and visas, the rest are really in the old passports.... Any advice for this would be great!

In all cases, good progress and good Luck to all!!
Congrats, on your new status, is there hope for someone whose funds were refunded to have his applications reopened. Without any mail from CIC.

zzxgz

May 25, 2015
Finally I found this thread....

I found my case cancelled as incomplete on this Monday, due to "unacceptable" Police Certificate of South Korea.

I don't know why they did not let me submit the right one as additional document. The case has been being review for a month and lots of review should have been done.

I filed an Specific Case Enquiry yesterday, let's see that will hapeen.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JI JI IRAWO said:
Congrats, on your new status, is there hope for someone whose funds were refunded to have his applications reopened. Without any mail from CIC.
Don't worry - in my case, I already had the refund couple of weeks ago which reduced my hope to get the application reopened. This morning, I received a message asking to pay the fees again. I would keep the hopes and as long as you didn't receive a negative response to your CSE (I remember someone said, he received a letter that they can't re-open his application), there is still a chance that your application will be reopen. my case took them 6 weeks to re-examine! so don't lose your hope.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
have been waiting for 2,5 month
today got rejection letter
that my online bank statements was not acceptable.
Went to the bank, got normal statements and submitted case specific inquiry with new docs. Between rejection and paper resubmission is 7 hours.

Canadian__Irish

Jun 17, 2015
nick.rwth said:
Went to the bank, got normal statements and submitted case specific inquiry with new docs. Between rejection and paper resubmission is 7 hours.
Hi Nick, so sorry to hear this and I hope they reopen your application rather than cancelling it!

Would you mind sharing your timeline and status from MyCIC and ECAS? Also, did you provide them with a letter from the bank as well, or just the statements?

zzxgz

May 25, 2015
nick.rwth said:
Hi mate, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope that they will reopen our cases. It is not reasonable at all that they did not give us any time or chance to explain or to make up mistakes. This EE sound more like an exam than a immigration application.

susmithaburra1989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
2173/ 2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2015
Doc's Request.
ITA 27-March-2015
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
IELTS Request
N/A Ielts exam taken on March 2014
File Transfer...
Additional docs request 19-May-2015 (scheduleA)
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
19 January 2016
awww so sorry to hear ...
did the statements have your name on them and did u submit full 6 months statements....?
I hope they reopen ur case soon.

nick.rwth said:

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nick.rwth said:
Sorry about that, but you know that the proof of funds was clearly explained to be a letter from the bank, not an on-line statement. I hope that your case will be reopened, but you have to be patient!

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
I had bank accounts that have no branch so letter is not possible to have, now I opened 2 regular bank accounts and transferred all money there. Cannot provide 6 month statment because they not existent, however they have old statements to see where money come from.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
nick.rwth said:

My application was for 2,5 month without review, they even did not checked medicine.
meds never came up in ecas.

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
zzxgz said:
Finally I found this thread....

I found my case cancelled as incomplete on this Monday, due to "unacceptable" Police Certificate of South Korea.

I don't know why they did not let me submit the right one as additional document. The case has been being review for a month and lots of review should have been done.

I filed an Specific Case Enquiry yesterday, let's see that will hapeen.
Hi zzxgz , did they mention why the police certificate was unacceptable?

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
AAlhadka said:
Don't worry - in my case, I already had the refund couple of weeks ago which reduced my hope to get the application reopened. This morning, I received a message asking to pay the fees again. I would keep the hopes and as long as you didn't receive a negative response to your CSE (I remember someone said, he received a letter that they can't re-open his application), there is still a chance that your application will be reopen. my case took them 6 weeks to re-examine! so don't lose your hope.
Thanks AAlhadka,
You mail has given me hope that my CIC might be re-opened, did they give further give you the opportunity to supply documents that you feel was not submitted. are there chances of including additional documents when your account is re-opened.
JIJI

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JI JI IRAWO said:
Thanks AAlhadka,
You mail has given me hope that my CIC might be re-opened, did they give further give you the opportunity to supply documents that you feel was not submitted. are there chances of including additional documents when your account is re-opened.
JIJI
Here is the sequence of the events:
May 14- got the rejection letter as the application is "incomplete" for missing the FBI police clearance.
May 15- I submitted my CSE with ALL the supporting documents to proof I wasn't physically in the US when I did my distance study back in 1996/1997 (letter of explanation, copy of full old passport, email from the education institution, letter from my employer that I never took a leave of absence during this period, I even included the education evaluation letter done at that time which was sent to my home address).
June 28- received an email that there has been an update to myCIC account - when I checked my account, I found the application status changed from cancelled to open.
June 29 - I received two messages in myCIC account, one is requesting to re-pay the fees (due in 7 days) and another one requesting RCMP(due in 60 days) for my spouse and these where the only additional documents that are requested at that time and I have to upload through myCIC which I'm in the process of completing.

If you think you have more documents to submit to support reopening your application, they are all have to be submitted through the CSE.
Good Luck!

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
AAlhadka said:
Here is the sequence of the events:
May 14- got the rejection letter as the application is "incomplete" for missing the FBI police clearance.
May 15- I submitted my CSE with ALL the supporting documents to proof I wasn't physically in the US when I did my distance study back in 1996/1997 (letter of explanation, copy of full old passport, email from the education institution, letter from my employer that I never took a leave of absence during this period, I even included the education evaluation letter done at that time which was sent to my home address).
June 28- received an email that there has been an update to myCIC account - when I checked my account, I found the application status changed from cancelled to open.
June 29 - I received two messages in myCIC account, one is requesting to re-pay the fees (due in 7 days) and another one requesting RCMP(due in 60 days) for my spouse and these where the only additional documents that are requested at that time and I have to upload through myCIC which I'm in the process of completing.

If you think you have more documents to submit to support reopening your application, they are all have to be submitted through the CSE.
Good Luck?
[/quote
@AAlhadka,
Wonderful, thanks for the response.
Thank you
Jiji

nylistener

Jun 12, 2015
Hi All,

Firstly I thank everyone for sharing your own circumstances only thought its right I'd share mine. You guys are doing a great job my sharing to help us all.

April 17th - Completed eligibility received code
April 17th - Completed Express Entry profile
April 18th - Received ITA under FSW score 454
May 7th - AOR confirmation
May 20th - Update received medical passed
May 26th - Update received file is cancelled (reason I studied distance education from USA while residing in India) they wanted a US PCC. I explained my circumstance mentioning this is incorrect, hoping for the best
May 26th - Sent a case specific inquiry (no update till date)
Jun 9th - received refund (via credit card)
Jun 11th Sent another case specific inquiry (no update till date)

May 29th - Completed another Express Entry profile (back in the pool awaiting ITA)

I would like to know has anyone who received the refund had their file reopened, is this even possible ?

Hoping for the best
Thank you

I am reposting this in response to the great news by @AAlhadka. I am very happy for you and this definitely gives inspiration to all of us. I would like to add the below.

I had sent my CSE via the link where you enter all your details and upload your file, on May 26th. I waited for 2 weeks and decided to call CIC got a wonderful lady who explained to me not to give up and send another e-mail to the Sydney Office, Nova Scotia. This does not help as I did not receive any auto reply. Its very important to send all CSE via the website and not to any e-mail. This ensures the autoreply. As my 30 business days are over as mentioned I decided to call CIC today spoke to one officer who did not even bother to help , but mentioned to send another CSE if you didn't get your reply. I called again and a lady told me "they have never opened any files, (which is not true) so don't bother sending a CSE just create a new profile and try again."

As you can see this blog is extremely helpful for all of us, don't listen to anyone in CIC they are either overloaded or not so positive. Ensure to send a CSE with all details and documents and explain it well, be patient as @AAlhadka did. I asked the same question if you get your refund which I did, I lost hope that the game is over, until I Saw @AAlhadka reply.

I am sure to receive a reply and cant wait to post it no matter what it is. Thanks for all your support and be positive we all make mistakes, just write the CSE and be patient. That's the bottom line.