+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
Jan 11, 2020
3
0
I received a refusal yesterday on my FSW Express Entry PR application and could really use some advice/insights from anyone who has gone through something similar or re-applied successfully.

The Refusal Reason​

"In the Express Entry profile, you declared points for work experience from 2021/08 to 2024/10 with [Company] as 11202. Employment records received from you appear to not include a substantial amount of duties, or some duties listed are vague and too general. While some duties listed are compatible, a substantial amount are not descriptive enough to satisfy me that enough technical duties were completed to award points for this specific job. Because of these factors I am not satisfied on the balance of probability that you have the claimed skills."
I have 2 other previous jobs that I can use to claim the required work experience points, and I can try to get experience letters from those employers. I am planning to skip/leave out this specific job experience entirely in my new Express Entry profile (and move it to personal history.

My Questions:
  1. How do I ensure the new reference letters meet the relevant NOC standards?
  2. If I drop this job from my work history in the new application, do I need to explain the refusal/change in a Letter of Explanation (LoE)?
  3. Has anyone successfully re-applied after a refusal? Did you create a new profile from scratch?
Appreciate any advice, templates, or experiences you can share. Thanks in advance!