+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Applicant got cancelled and submitted a Case Specific Inquiry let's connect

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
So how long did it take before getting any response on your CSE?

I want to know if it differs from one person to another based on the VO who receives the message.
I agree it differs based on the VO and also based on whether you are applying from within Canada or outside Canada. In my case I sent my CSE on the 15th of May, got the file reopened on the 28th of June. So 42 days.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAlhadka said:
I agree it differs based on the VO and also based on whether you are applying from within Canada or outside Canada. In my case I sent my CSE on the 15th of May, got the file reopened on the 28th of June. So 42 days.
What was the reason your application was refused at first?

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
What was the reason your application was refused at first?
misunderstanding of a distance study for which PCC was requested - read the start up of this thread to learn more about it and about other cases for different reasons.

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
Hello All,
Please what is the process of attaching application fees to a newly reopened application.
Thank you
jiji

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JI JI IRAWO said:
Hello All,
Please what is the process of attaching application fees to a newly reopened application.
Thank you
jiji
Follow the link provided in the letter you received and as soon as you pay the fees, print/save the receipt as PDF and upload it under the appropriate tab in your MyCIC....

Congratulations for reopening your application!

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
What is the number to reach CIC . i hae submitted a case enquiry on 19 June and still awaiting to hear ...wanna call n confirm. Also my app was rejected but no refund as yet ...dont know what are they upto ..

pls help with number to call from Canada.

Thanks,
Aarti

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
AAlhadka said:
Follow the link provided in the letter you received and as soon as you pay the fees, print/save the receipt as PDF and upload it under the appropriate tab in your MyCIC....

Congratulations for reopening your application!
@AAlhadka ,
thanks for your swift response, the link provided took me to myCIC account and i logged in , but where to attached the fees or any document is still unknown.
i have perused through and still not where to click that will ask me to pay.
kindly help me with step by steps( i hope iam not asking for too much).
Thank you
jiji

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JI JI IRAWO said:
@ AAlhadka ,
thanks for your swift response, the link provided took me to myCIC account and i logged in , but where to attached the fees or any document is still unknown.
i have perused through and still not where to click that will ask me to pay.
kindly help me with step by steps( i hope iam not asking for too much).
Thank you
jiji
Could you please share what did you receive exactly?? in my case, first, I received an email that there has been an update to my application, when I logged to MyCIC, I found the application reopened - 2 days later, I received a letter through my MyCIC asking me to pay the fees and it provided me with how much shoud I pay and the due date for it - in the letter, here is what I quoted:

For instructions on how to make this payment, please consult the following links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=eesd

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
AAlhadka said:
Could you please share what did you receive exactly?? in my case, first, I received an email that there has been an update to my application, when I logged to MyCIC, I found the application reopened - 2 days later, I received a letter through my MyCIC asking me to pay the fees and it provided me with how much shoud I pay and the due date for it - in the letter, here is what I quoted:

For instructions on how to make this payment, please consult the following links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=eesd
Thank u, I think I will need to wait for the second letter mandating me to pay the fees, the one I received today was to notify me that it has been reopened and that I will need to repay.
The waiting game is not encouraging at all, I did CSE on 10.06.2015 and I got an update for reopening on 04.08.2015 (55 days ).
Jiji

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JI JI IRAWO said:
Thank u, I think I will need to wait for the second letter mandating me to pay the fees, the one I received today was to notify me that it has been reopened and that I will need to repay.
The waiting game is not encouraging at all, I did CSE on 10.06.2015 and I got an update for reopening on 04.08.2015 (55 days ).
Jiji
Hang in there... it is normal to take that long but it is for good!

So just to clarify, did CIC provide you a deadline of when you have to pay the fees?

Are you applying from Canada or outside? it seems that that the process is different - you might need to call CIC and clarify if you have to pay now or should you wait for more instructions

nylistener

Jun 12, 2015
Kucuy15 said:
Those are great news!! Congratulations!
It took them a lot to reply to your CSE but at least they finally did!!!

Best of lucks on the rest of your process!
Hi All,
Would like to update all on my process and thought this would be very interesting and helpful for everyone going through this learning exercise.
On July 22nd I had received an update in my cic portal asking me to provide an updated personal history within 7 days before July 29th 2015 and to be uploaded in my cic portal.

I had worked on it for the next 5 hours on the same day and the agony was only beginning. I logged on My CIC portal where CIC has made a provision to upload an additional document , it allows me to upload my file , I proceed to the next page where I enter my name to sign and security answer. When I click on proceed I get a consistent error message mentioning " Our Online Services are currently down" followed below with a System-generated error code : random code with the year, month, date and time for that day.

Now I was lucky to keep a screenshot of every error code. I tried to submit my uploaded file every 5 hours but to no avail. Kept trying this for 4 days in a row and still received the same error message. I had no choice but to complete another case specific enquiry under both categories express entry & technical inquiries. Received the automated reply that expected response time is 10 - 30 business days for both queries.

As I had only 7 days to fulfill my additional requirement I called the CIC asked them what to do, got a lady on the phone who was absolutely not helpful, I was determined called again got a great gentlemen on the phone who advised me to send an e-mail to the CPC - Ottawa which I did. This is a real e-mail and not through any page like cic case specific inquiry only issue is that they respond depending on the circumstance which is clearly listed on CIC. In 10 hours I get a reply requesting me to send a case specific inquiry and follow the regular process.

It pays to be observant....I noticed the letter received on July 22nd requesting for additional documents had the same address as Ottawa and also was the same address I had sent the e-mail to. I replied to CPC with a detailed mail explaining my circumstance, attached the screenshots error along with their official CIC letter sent from their office and asked them to kindly assist. In 24 hours I get a reply asking me to send my additional documents by e-mail and they will upload it. After 5 days I get another reply from a generic mail mentioning my additional documents have been updated in my file.

Now I want to mention if anyone has gone through this, it could be as my file is cancelled there is no way you can update a cancelled file, this is my understanding even though CIC requests the same on the portal. While a file is cancelled you can receive messages. So its a huge learning. The file on my portal shows uploaded but not provided to CIC.

I am still waiting for their decision and shall update no matter what.

Say those prayers and trust the CSE, take your time and write a detailed mail with every possible scenario, the officers want an in depth history as you can provide to avoid any question marks. The time frame is the wait game as it takes almost 60 calendar days for CSE reply. Patience is the key.

nylistener

Jun 12, 2015
AAlhadka said:
I'm pumping up this thread as I've seen lots of cancellation and refusal and this might help all those who are frustrated at the moment - please don't give up and keep trying as long as you believe you have a strong case!

Good luck to everyone!
Hello Aalhadka,
I noticed on your timeline you mentioned the below
"07JAN EE Profile-CEC
27FEB ITA
27MAR AOR
14APR BC In Progress&Med passed
14MAY Appl Cancelled
15MAY CSE sent
09JUN Fees refund
28JUN Appl Reopened
30JUN fees&RCMP requested
03&19 JUL pay fees/Submit RCMP
20JUL Schedule A
26JUL Sent Schedul"

My query is my file was cancelled as well and they have asked for my updated Schedule A but they did not open my file, it remains cancelled and they have asked that I upload the updated Schedule A on my CIC portal itself. I faced a huge difficulty with constant error messages. After several calls to CIC and additional CSE e-mails I am still awaiting their revert.

I would like to know when they re-opened your file , you made a payment before you sent the Schedule A how did you do that, was it on your CIC portal. Did you manage to successfully complete the upload and submission of documents as mentioned on your portal. I find the sequence a bit odd. Also most importantly did you face any technical difficulties on updates to your file online, since your file was cancelled and reopened.
Thanks for your kind reply.
Regards

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nylistener said:
Hello Aalhadka,

My query is my file was cancelled as well and they have asked for my updated Schedule A but they did not open my file, it remains cancelled and they have asked that I upload the updated Schedule A on my CIC portal itself. I faced a huge difficulty with constant error messages. After several calls to CIC and additional CSE e-mails I am still awaiting their revert.

I would like to know when they re-opened your file , you made a payment before you sent the Schedule A how did you do that, was it on your CIC portal. Did you manage to successfully complete the upload and submission of documents as mentioned on your portal. I find the sequence a bit odd. Also most importantly did you face any technical difficulties on updates to your file online, since your file was cancelled and reopened.
Thanks for your kind reply.
Regards

All files were uploaded through myCIC - when my application got cancelled in the first place, I couldn't access any of my information as the entire profile and the forms were gone! when they reopened my file, everything went back to what it was before cancellation. Since then, all the requests I've received were uploaded through myCIC and only once I faced a technical problem to upload a document but when I tried again later, it went fine.
The last document requested was Schedule A which I've submitted on the 26th of July and since then I'm still waiting!!

CCHA

Nov 30, 2014
For the ones that had the application cancelled, how did you get to know the reason? I see people saying: mine was cancelled because of ECAS, others due pcc, but I actually received no explanation for my cancellation. Will I receive? Did you send a CSE in order to obtain this information? How long should I wait? I am afraid the application can expire before I get an answer from CSE, which says 30 days for the turnaround time.
Thank you, CC.

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
CCHA said:
For the ones that had the application cancelled, how did you get to know the reason? I see people saying: mine was cancelled because of ECAS, others due pcc, but I actually received no explanation for my cancellation. Will I receive? Did you send a CSE in order to obtain this information? How long should I wait? I am afraid the application can expire before I get an answer from CSE, which says 30 days for the turnaround time.
Thank you, CC.
A PDF message will be sent to your MYCIC account and there you will know what the issues are.

Thank you
jiji