+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

syed14

Mar 19, 2014
My sister is applying to TRV visa.I need some information.

She will be visting with her 4 years old daughter.

1) Does she need to fill seperat application/forms for her daughter or both can apply on same application/forms.

2) It says Visa fee for indivdual 100 and family 500.
There are 2 person, so will be it 100 + 100 = 200
or consired as family 500 ?

Thanks

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All:

Which options to select in ATIP request to get GCMS notes for TRV rejection reasons?

FreeHelp4Pakistanis said:
Dear all Pakistani brothers and sisters,
kindly,join this thread to discuss all your queries, difficulties and problems regarding Canadian TRV(temporary residence visa).
This thread's sole purpose is to help each other,nothing else.
Regards

Faizakhan

Feb 4, 2015
Hey guys I am filling out visa application form for my mom she wants to visit me In Canada. She is living in Pakistan , I don't understand how many applications should I fill and do I have to fill form IMM 5409 and if I have to so who's information should I put? And in the family information form they are asking about my grand parents who are not alive what should I write there?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Faizakhan said:
Hey guys I am filling out visa application form for my mom she wants to visit me In Canada. She is living in Pakistan , I don't understand how many applications should I fill and do I have to fill form IMM 5409 and if I have to so who's information should I put? And in the family information form they are asking about my grand parents who are not alive what should I write there?
The applicant (who wants to visit canada) has to fill all the forms included in a trv package. You can check cic website which forms should be filled and submitted. If the applicant's patents are not alive you can write deceased or no longer living but you have to provide their names and DOB where asked. If you do not know the exact DOB or date of deceased person you can use an approx date or write not known which ever is applicable.

Moayad Diab

Jan 18, 2015
Dear all,
I have invitation letter form international organization to attend a conference in canada and I'm a Profisstional member of this organization and I have a membership card . I'm going to make my TRV application in June at VAC in Cairo but I have some questions I need your help because I'm confused :
1. Details of visit to Canada:
1. a) purpose of my visit
The list options is:
Business
Tourism
Short-term studies
Returning student
Returning worker
Super visa
Family visit
Other

No option for conference
If I choose other then at
b) other
Indicate a details: conference ???
My purpose of travel is to attend a conference in canada only for one week

Also Im going to submit the following supporting documents :
1.Employment reference letter state that the company responsable for my trip with all cost
2.leave of absence letter
3.company business license
4. Company bank statement
5.HR manager card and my SPE membership card
6. Invitation letter for SPE
7. Explanation letter for travel purpose
8. my bank statement and balance certificate on my saving account worth 20,000 CAD
9. My land ownership certificate
10. My family birth certificates

Is there any seggucetion to add any other documents to support my application. I'm wondering to attach air ticket and hotel reservation as proof but in the Embassy website I found that they mentioned " Do not finalise travel plans unless you have received your visa from the Embassy of Canada in Cairo " so for that reason I can't make any travel plans .

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Moayad Diab said:
Dear all,
I have invitation letter form international organization to attend a conference in canada and I'm a Profisstional member of this organization and I have a membership card . I'm going to make my TRV application in June at VAC in Cairo but I have some questions I need your help because I'm confused :
1. Details of visit to Canada:
1. a) purpose of my visit
The list options is:
Business
Tourism
Short-term studies
Returning student
Returning worker
Super visa
Family visit
Other

No option for conference
If I choose other then at
b) other
Indicate a details: conference ???
My purpose of travel is to attend a conference in canada only for one week

Also Im going to submit the following supporting documents :
1.Employment reference letter state that the company responsable for my trip with all cost
2.leave of absence letter
3.company business license
4. Company bank statement
5.HR manager card and my SPE membership card
6. Invitation letter for SPE
7. Explanation letter for travel purpose
8. my bank statement and balance certificate on my saving account worth 20,000 CAD
9. My land ownership certificate
10. My family birth certificates

Is there any seggucetion to add any other documents to support my application. I'm wondering to attach air ticket and hotel reservation as proof but in the Embassy website I found that they mentioned " Do not finalise travel plans unless you have received your visa from the Embassy of Canada in Cairo " so for that reason I can't make any travel plans .
Hi Diab,

Write other in visa category and then write conference/conference details.

Your all docs are sufficient for TRV application. Kindly if possible, also attach copies of previous visas (Travel History) and previous conference/training certificates.

Moayad Diab

Jan 18, 2015
Dear waqar,
Thank you for reply , I only visit Cairo 3 times but my old passport with entry visa was stolen. I called the police department and they made investigation and then gave me stolen certificate to make new passport . Now I have my new passport but no any visa on it . I have copies of my old passport with entry visa can I attach it on the application with copy of stolen certificate ??

wasim_ahmad1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Calgary
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi/ AOA everyone,
I am permanent resident in Canada. My wife is four month twin pregnant and we really need someone from my family to come visit us from Pakistan to help me and wife. My wife is a canadian citizen and her family lives in Toronto. I have a Dr note that suggest someone should take care of my wife because Twin pregnancy is considered as HIGH RISK. I got this letter to attach with my visit visa application. Can someone guide me what other documents I should attach with my parents visa application. I want my mother and father to come visit me. Can someone tell what are the chances of getting visa? I applied for my mother's visit visa 2 years ago and it got rejected due insufficient travel history and no strong ties with Pakistan. Three years ago (2011) my father visited me on visit visa. Reason of his visit was to attend my university convocation. Will his travel history help my mother's visit visa if I apply for their visa together? As a Pakistani women, my mother does not have any property in her name or any strong bank statement. Will that effect the application?
My youngest brother is 21 years old. can I apply for his visit visa alongwith my parents? Should I apply online or paper application. Any help would be appreciated!
Jazakallah Khair!/Thank you in advance.

Wasim

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
wasim_ahmad1 said:
Hi/ AOA everyone,
I am permanent resident in Canada. My wife is four month twin pregnant and we really need someone from my family to come visit us from Pakistan to help me and wife. My wife is a canadian citizen and her family lives in Toronto. I have a Dr note that suggest someone should take care of my wife because Twin pregnancy is considered as HIGH RISK. I got this letter to attach with my visit visa application. Can someone guide me what other documents I should attach with my parents visa application. I want my mother and father to come visit me. Can someone tell what are the chances of getting visa? I applied for my mother's visit visa 2 years ago and it got rejected due insufficient travel history and no strong ties with Pakistan. Three years ago (2011) my father visited me on visit visa. Reason of his visit was to attend my university convocation. Will his travel history help my mother's visit visa if I apply for their visa together? As a Pakistani women, my mother does not have any property in her name or any strong bank statement. Will that effect the application?
My youngest brother is 21 years old. can I apply for his visit visa alongwith my parents? Should I apply online or paper application. Any help would be appreciated!
Jazakallah Khair!/Thank you in advance.

Wasim
Having an understanding of TRV (visitor visa) will help you maximize the chances to get your parents application approved.
a TRV or visit visa is granted purely on the basis of the applicant's circumstances. emotions or a NEED will never help in getting a TRV as it has it's own merits which are:-
1) the financial capability/stability of the applicant. ( a good and sound bank statement can establish this fact)
2) applicants ties to back home country. ( proof of the source of income which can be a business or job)
3) capability and reasons to return back to home country. ( nexus of the above 2 points can establish this)
4) capability to support himself during his stay in canada. ( you can provide the invitation letter stating you will provide food and shelter to your parents will help)
5) reason to visit canada. (being parents they always had a reason to visit their son or visit canada for tourism purposes etc)
6) duration of visit.

Important: all the above points should support each other and have a nexus between them.

the doctors note can only help in stating a reason to visit canada BUT still it cannot be the reason/merit to be granted a trv. generally/logically speaking you are available in canada to help and take care of your wife's HIGH RISK pregnancy (as you live in canada you know it is a lame excuse that you cannot take care of her due to your job or work commitments).

The chances to get a visa for your parents can be very high if you focus on Pakistani side documents rather than the doctor's note or Canadian side documentations. you may or may not agree with my view points but some of the following tips may help you.
-the more you provide Canadian side documents the more you will prove your parents strong ties to Canada.(obviously a negative impact)
- A good consistent bank statement of your father can be the key
- The main reason to visit canada: visiting son ( they can mention about their daughter in law pregnancy issue as a secondary reason but only in sense to give you guys a moral support or accompany)
- you father previous travel history will of course have a positive impact and they both should apply together (father and mother).
- if your father has good documents ( bank statement, property, business/job etc) then your mother wont face any problem or wont need to prove her personal income or financial documents.
-your brother can apply for a visit visa with your parents but he must have good standings like job or studies etc. BUT as you already planned to mention the pregnancy reason which means the stay will/can be a bit longer so logically will your brother/father afford to get off from job or studies during this long vacation?
- the documentations from your side should be reasonable (a simple invitation letter and your capability to offer this invitation)
- Timings of your parents visiting period.
-stating the duration of the visit. the claim should satisfy the affordability, ties to back home and reason to visit factors.

Remember we all on this forum just give an advice or answer questions based on our personal knowledge, thinking and experiences it may be correct or may not be.

Hope it helps and hope you soon be blessed with spending some time of your parents in canada.

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sponsored my sister and 3-nieces for TRV but got rejection due to below reasons:
1. Travel History
2. Your family ties in Canada or in your country of residence

How can we make travel history without travelling outside from country? And, which documents we can provide to show strong ties in Pakistan?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

shakeel7 said:
Hi All:

Which options to select in ATIP request to get GCMS notes for TRV rejection reasons?

wasim_ahmad1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Calgary
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Kriv,
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. It was really helpful. I got few more question, I hope you can answer these as well.

My father retired from his job in 2009 and when he visited me back in 2011 he was already retired. He has real state property in terms of houses and plots. He is also getting pension from Govt. of Pakistan. He also got good saving in terms of Pakistani rupees(20-30k$) in terms of saving accounts and bank statements can be provided. He actually provided all these documents when he applied for his visa in 2011. Should he provide property ownership documents with his visa application? Should he open a joint account with my mother or a letter of sponsorship from my father's side should be enough?
What should be the duration of visit they should put? Is there any cost calculation formula for affordability? I was thinking to say 4-8 weeks, as by the time they get visa it would be summer here in Canada and I can mention to visit Banff, Lake Louise etc(Tourist attraction locations)
I am moving to 2 bedroom apartment from 1 bedroom because I want my parents to visit me. Should I put that in invitation letter and provided lease documents to my parents?
My brother is a student in Pakistan doing his undergrad engineering and he is in his second year, is it enough tie to Pakistan? I heard Islamabad embassy does not give visa to over eighteen dependent kids especially if they are boys. Will including my brother in application weaken the whole application?
Is applying online better than in person application at VAC (Visa application center)?
Should I provide my bank statement to support my invitation letter?
I would highly appreciate your reply. Once again thank you for all your help.
Wasim

kriv said:
Having an understanding of TRV (visitor visa) will help you maximize the chances to get your parents application approved.
a TRV or visit visa is granted purely on the basis of the applicant's circumstances. emotions or a NEED will never help in getting a TRV as it has it's own merits which are:-
1) the financial capability/stability of the applicant. ( a good and sound bank statement can establish this fact)
2) applicants ties to back home country. ( proof of the source of income which can be a business or job)
3) capability and reasons to return back to home country. ( nexus of the above 2 points can establish this)
4) capability to support himself during his stay in canada. ( you can provide the invitation letter stating you will provide food and shelter to your parents will help)
5) reason to visit canada. (being parents they always had a reason to visit their son or visit canada for tourism purposes etc)
6) duration of visit.

Important: all the above points should support each other and have a nexus between them.

the doctors note can only help in stating a reason to visit canada BUT still it cannot be the reason/merit to be granted a trv. generally/logically speaking you are available in canada to help and take care of your wife's HIGH RISK pregnancy (as you live in canada you know it is a lame excuse that you cannot take care of her due to your job or work commitments).

The chances to get a visa for your parents can be very high if you focus on Pakistani side documents rather than the doctor's note or Canadian side documentations. you may or may not agree with my view points but some of the following tips may help you.
-the more you provide Canadian side documents the more you will prove your parents strong ties to Canada.(obviously a negative impact)
- A good consistent bank statement of your father can be the key
- The main reason to visit canada: visiting son ( they can mention about their daughter in law pregnancy issue as a secondary reason but only in sense to give you guys a moral support or accompany)
- you father previous travel history will of course have a positive impact and they both should apply together (father and mother).
- if your father has good documents ( bank statement, property, business/job etc) then your mother wont face any problem or wont need to prove her personal income or financial documents.
-your brother can apply for a visit visa with your parents but he must have good standings like job or studies etc. BUT as you already planned to mention the pregnancy reason which means the stay will/can be a bit longer so logically will your brother/father afford to get off from job or studies during this long vacation?
- the documentations from your side should be reasonable (a simple invitation letter and your capability to offer this invitation)
- Timings of your parents visiting period.
-stating the duration of the visit. the claim should satisfy the affordability, ties to back home and reason to visit factors.

Remember we all on this forum just give an advice or answer questions based on our personal knowledge, thinking and experiences it may be correct or may not be.

Hope it helps and hope you soon be blessed with spending some time of your parents in canada.

saadaaf

Jan 5, 2014
hi all,
we are applying for parents supervisa shortly.
Can anyone guide if the medical reports are to be attached with the application or later on they will themselves request for medical and bio matrix???

Savior

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Request
01-01-2013
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 24-07-2013 PPR 2 : 15-08-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2014
saadaaf said:
hi all,
Can anyone guide if the medical reports are to be attached with the application or later on they will themselves request for medical and bio matrix???
I suppose i have answered this query of yours

at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/super-visa-timeline-islamabad-pakistan-t96677.0.html;msg4018685#msg4018685

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
saadaaf said:
hi all,
About medical exams you have both choices either to wait for a medical request or undergo an upfront medical exam.
pros and cons of upfront medical exams:
- advantage is it saves time (if visa is to be approved you wont get a medical request)
- disadvantage is if visa is not approved you loose money ( the cost you payed for the Medical exam).

KK6891

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
1 Upfront-- 2 Re-medical Req on 11-10-2015 & 3 Re-medical on 02-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-11-2016
Assalam o Alaikum!!
Can anyone guide me i want to apply for a visit visa for my husband. I am a PR holder and i got married last year and i am almost done with the application of spousal sponsorship. I know once its approved than i can apply for his visit visa. I heard countries which have the maximum processing time like Pakistan they are opening visit visa's for their spouse's. I am visiting my husband next month and want to prepare for visit visa as it is creating problems for our relationship. Please help me and give me the link for required forms.
JazakhALLAH !!