+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

smed74

Nov 9, 2012
Hello Forum Members,

My mother had applied for Supervisa at Canadian High Commission in Islamabad, Pakistan. Instead of Supervisa she was provided V1 (multiple entry) visa for 4 years. As I understand that she will be allowed to remain in Canada for maximum 6 months on this visa.

Now I have following questions,

1) To exit Canada in 6 months, can she travel to USA and return to Canada or she has to go to Pakistan. (My mother has multi-entry US visit visa) ?

2) After exiting Canada, can she return with 2 weeks, or there is some minimum waiting / cooling off period?

I would appreciate your response.

Thanks & Regards

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
smed74 said:
Hello Forum Members,

My mother had applied for Supervisa at Canadian High Commission in Islamabad, Pakistan. Instead of Supervisa she was provided V1 (multiple entry) visa for 4 years. As I understand that she will be allowed to remain in Canada for maximum 6 months on this visa.

Now I have following questions,

1) To exit Canada in 6 months, can she travel to USA and return to Canada or she has to go to Pakistan. (My mother has multi-entry US visit visa) ?

2) After exiting Canada, can she return with 2 weeks, or there is some minimum waiting / cooling off period?

I would appreciate your response.

Thanks & Regards

As your mother has a US visa so she can travel to usa anytime and can return to Canada( again if she has a multiple visit Canadian visa). the reason to visit USA and returning back can be risky (doing flag pole) for the purpose just to extend her stay in Canada. it may be risky as the decision to allow your mother to enter in canada is purely in hands of the immigration officer.choosing this way will even cost you more to make your mother stay with you for more than 6 months.

if your mother wish to stay for more than 6 months she must apply for Extension to stay in canada. this way/procedure is easier, cheaper and risk free.

This is how extension to Stay in Canada as a visitor works:-

1) your mother will apply for extension to stay at least 30 days before her current visitor status expires (at this stage she already had spend more than 5 months in canada). extension to stay as a visitor can only be applied once your mother is in canada.
2) your mother can request additional 6 months to 1 year extension ( still the extended time allowed will be the VO's decision)
2) the application can be made online OR through courier (paper application). online applications are faster than paper applications.
3) once you submit the application and during the process if your mother's status expires she will still be allowed to stay in canada (it is called implied status) until CIC makes a decision on her application.
4) if approved she will get a "visitor record" a document mailed at your home address and she can continue to stay till the expiry date mentioned on the visitor record. ( in this process there is no passport request or you never submit your original passport)
5) the documents required to support her extension application can be the followings:-
a) her identity documents (copy of passport, visa page, id card etc)
b) bank statement if she has one OR
a letter from you or any other relative that she will be financially supported during her stay in Canada (attaching proof of job, pay slips or bank statement of the supporter will help too)
c) application fee and a medical exam i.e approx 100 + 250 dollars. ( if she had already gone through a medical exam within the last 12 months she don't need another subsequent medical exam).

the above mentioned is the easiest, legal and risk free method to keep your loved ones stay longer and it is rarely denied or refused for parents, spouse and other dependents. as it is a legal option so it also have almost no impact on immigration records which help in future travelling.

Hope it helps and may you be blessed by spending more time with your mother.

smed74

Nov 9, 2012
Hi Kriv

Thanks for your response. Extension is an option, but would it have any negative impact if my mother after exiting Canada wants to return in a month to Canada.

Regards

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
smed74 said:
Hi Kriv

Thanks for your response. Extension is an option, but would it have any negative impact if my mother after exiting Canada wants to return in a month to Canada.

Regards
No she wont have any negative impact if she travels to USA and enter again in canada. if your mother have relatives in usa and wants to visit them she can go anytime. i explained about the extension to let you know that there is better option available to extend her stay rather than choosing to cross borders just for the sake of extension.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
dr sadaf said:
hi all!
I am new to this thread ...first of all i would like to appreciate your efforts u guys have put in this by providing help for trv, its a really good forum
well i would like to discuss my case here, so please seniours help me! (waqar ahmed, fhl)
i m a doctor here in karachi, my sister has immigrated to canada an year ago, we r only two sisters n my widowed mother lives with me . i have also applied in fsw 2014 in general physician category two months ago, but didnt get reply till now. i want to apply visit visa for my mother so that i can take her with me as she cant live alone, my mother is approx 68 yrs old, she has good bank balance as national saving certificates and a property too on her name, she has travel history for saudia arabia twenty years back she lived there for ten tears n came to pakistan frequently ,kindly answers my queries
1. how much chance i have to get multiple entry visa for my mother?
2. or should i apply for single entry visit visa first?
3. what should i do to make my case strong for getting multiple entry visa?
4. should i apply for her visa before getting my PER?
please help guys!
The chances of getting a visit visa (trv) are always high if you really know what you are doing plus you are honest and you have good balanced intentions.
So doc in your mother's case it seems that she may get her visa approved based on how she present her application. no matter what you request for (single or multiple entry) its entirely the decision of the VO to grant single or multiple entry, so always better to choose Multiple entry option when you apply (Showing confidence is not a bad trait and common sense says that if she is requesting for a multiple visa it clearly means she has plans to come back ). Btw nowadays Canada issue multiple entry visas valid till the date of your passport expiry. so usually your visa will stay valid as long your passport remains valid. ( still its all upto the VO)

She can apply anytime she wants as your PR application will have no impact on her and vice versa. her visit visa application will be granted or refused purely on her own reasons.

simple Tips/points which may help you and others who are reading this post:-

1) the reason to visit canada: (it should be straight forward simple and logical)
As your mother already has a daughter in canada so she got a valid reason to state that see is going to canada to see her daughter OR simply she want to see her daughter plus the country canada (being a tourist and to see places is really what we all want todo no matter for what reasons we will be in canada). this is the best genuine reason to state rather than to make stories like going to canada to help her due to xyz reasons, going to canada to take care of her kids, long time havent seen her etc etc. (visit visas can never be issued on emotional reasons)

So once you sate the reason to visit canada NOW support your claim that you are capable of meeting your objective or plan. which can be done by providing supporting documents. your mother can include the following documents to support her claim/reason to visit canada

1) Her financial capability/Stability: This will prove that she has enoff money to travel to canada and support herself during her stay in canada. the documents can be
a) bank statement (the best highest rated document) showing savings with previous regular transactions.
b) any source of income. it can be pension, shares, income from property, saving certificates, regular money coming from spouse or children (sorry i included the word "spouse" as many other may also be reading this).
c) Property/asset documents: In my opinion i consider it as a useless document unless you are earning/drawing some income from it. but still many include it in their applications. if you want to prove that you have lower living cost in-case you have a low balance bank statement then it may work.
Remember a bank statement and savings speak louder by giving a more clear picture who you are and how you live. Point b and c become more meaningful if Point "a" above reflects the claim made about income and assets.

2) Her Relationship/Relative in canada: As your mother has a daughter in canada she can attach a so called "sponsor letter" or "invitation letter" provided by the person living in canada. there is no term as "Sponsor letter" in context of a visitor visa. no one can sponsor a visit visa. Visa office only suggest to provide an invitation letter from the person who you are claiming to visit in canada ( a person who has no one in canada still gets visa without an invitation letter). invitation letter is not a legal document so no point to decorate it with words like i am responsible for her health care, i assure or grantee she will return to her home country or getting it notarized bla bla bla.. An invitation letter can be a simple email, fax or paper written by the person who the applicant is visiting in which he/she confirms that the applicant is invited by him/her to stay at his/her home, during her stay the applicant will be provided with food and shelter and mentioning the relationship to the applicant. the person sending the invitation letter can also attach identity documents plus his or spouse job to prove he/she is in position to offer the claimed support. if the applicant is self sufficient to prove his/her financial capability then financial documents of the host are of no use.

an invitation letter can be send by anyone who lives in Canada regardless of his/her status in canada. e.g a student, a permanent resident, citizen, person on a work permit and even a visitor who is staying in canada for a longer period. At the same time anyone in canada can invite his relatives close or distant, friends, friends of friends literally anyone he/she knows. there is no eligibility requirement who can invite or who cannot invite. ( i mentioned this to give a clear picture of an invitation letter which people usually mix it up with the word "Sponsor" sponsorship is only related to Family class immigration NOT visit visa (TRV) category)

the invitation letter will establish the fact that the applicant has a place to live in canada therefore the applicant need lesser money to support herself in canada. (the same way people who don't have anyone in canada are require to show hotel bookings and more cash in hand to prove that they can support/afford their stay in canada).

Important: The Applicant is your mother not her daughter who is living in canada so providing more documents from canada side will surely establish a fact that your mother has stronger ties to canada rather than her own home country. So give importance to Pakistan-side documents not canada-side documents. So the thumb of rule is simple documentation related to the applicant himself/herself really works no matter even if they are few in numbers but surely they have more weight. There is a difference between an immigration application THAN a trv application, Overloading information and providing too much unnecessary information/documents will not help but rather create a suspicious impression and that getting a visit visa is the applicant's NEED not a WANT.

So get your mothers application ready and submit it.... summers coming ahead and thats the best time to visit canada.
Best of luck with your mothers application and your own Fsw application.

you may or may not agree with my viewpoints but i hope it helps.

dr sadaf

Jan 9, 2015
thanx alot Kriv for such a detailed and informative answer, it would really help me

still i have few questions:
1. i want to apply for multiple visa for my mom, but there is no option in the form, so how can i show my intention to get multiple visa in the form?
2. where should i write ''the reason for visit'' ?... should i include another letter with the form ?
3. there is a space in the form to mention the dates for visa?... if i fill the dates so do they consider it or the dates totally depend on VO?
need reply ..will be thankful :)

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
HI All,

One of my relative has applied for a TRV by online process. He didnt get any confirmation email but just got the confirmation page on their website when he paid his application fee. Now his status on CIC account is submission process ? What will be expected issue?

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear FKL/ any concerned person

Is there any Internet browser version issue as he did not recieve any confirmation email after online successful payment submission.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear FKL/ any concerned person

Is there any Internet browser version issue as he did not recieve any confirmation email after online successful payment submission.
Dear Waqar, Not that i am aware of. Isn't their any tech support email id with my cic account? That should be the best course of action as far as i can tell

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
fkl said:
Dear Waqar, Not that i am aware of. Isn't their any tech support email id with my cic account? That should be the best course of action as far as i can tell
[/quote
Dear FKL

After online payment 180 dollar submission, he found confirmation message. But afterwards, the status
Of my relative application on my CIC account is appearing "processing submission" under detail tab. Some one is saying that you application is not submitted. 3 days have passed but no status is changed on cic account and not recieved any email about biometric. Can u advise how application will be submitted

dr sadaf

Jan 9, 2015
dr sadaf said:
thanx alot Kriv for such a detailed and informative answer, it would really help me

still i have few questions:
1. i want to apply for multiple visa for my mom, but there is no option in the form, so how can i show my intention to get multiple visa in the form?
2. where should i write ''the reason for visit'' ?... should i include another letter with the form ?
3. there is a space in the form to mention the dates for visa?... if i fill the dates so do they consider it or the dates totally depend on VO?
need reply ..will be thankful :)

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
1) about multiple visa: don't bother as VO will decide which type of visa to issue. They usually grant a multiple visa. No need to mention anywhere. Not even in any attached cover letter or explanation letter.
2) usually applicants attach a cover letter or an explanation letter but the intention of the applicant already reflects in the invitation letter.
3) dates of visa is basically about your plan, your travel dates. The final dates (valid from, valid till) on the visa will be decided by the VO.

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Application for my Mother

Dear All,

I myself am a Permanent Resident (PR status - not Citizen yet) of Canada (Toronto). Now I want to invite my mother to come to Canada on a visit visa [b](TRV). [/b]

But because she is old and cant go through all the hassle of filing the forms, I want to do all that "on her behalf" online, from here, in Toronto. On this I have a couple of questions. All these are very urgent ad important questions and this I would appreciate if someone from this group/thread could reply to me at the earliest :

- Can i act as a non-paid representative on behalf of my mother
- Can i submit the TRV application online on my mother's behalf
- If yes, then i would be scanning and submitting all the documents online from here. But then i just read that if you are applying for a TRV application from Pakistan (Karachi), then after submission of application online, you will get a receipt and a biometric some number of some sort, and then you have to take that page and go to the vfs Karachi office and submit your Biometrics there.

So how does this whole thing works. I am not able to understand this at all.
- The "Family Information Form (IMM 5645)" asks for Date of Birth and supporting docs for my Mother's parents ! How on earth can we get this information. This historic data is impossible to get.

And not only that. It also asks for Date of Birth and proof of this for her Brothers and Sisters. Now these people first of all are not alive anymore, plus they live in another city in Pakistan and then we don't have their NIC's and all that stuff. So how can i get the proof and D.O.B of my mother's siblings.

Appreciate if some out there can help me at the earliest. Please help me here.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Shaikhzees

dream_Can

Star Member
Oct 5, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent vd docs
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2016
can any one plz guide what is the processing time from islamabad visa office , if applied for parent's temporary resident visa through paper application?

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Re: Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Application for my Mother

Shaikhzees said:
I am in the same situation and have same questions. please advise urgently.

Dear All,

I myself am a Permanent Resident (PR status - not Citizen yet) of Canada (Toronto). Now I want to invite my mother to come to Canada on a visit visa [b](TRV). [/b]

But because she is old and cant go through all the hassle of filing the forms, I want to do all that "on her behalf" online, from here, in Toronto. On this I have a couple of questions. All these are very urgent ad important questions and this I would appreciate if someone from this group/thread could reply to me at the earliest :

- Can i act as a non-paid representative on behalf of my mother
- Can i submit the TRV application online on my mother's behalf
- If yes, then i would be scanning and submitting all the documents online from here. But then i just read that if you are applying for a TRV application from Pakistan (Karachi), then after submission of application online, you will get a receipt and a biometric some number of some sort, and then you have to take that page and go to the vfs Karachi office and submit your Biometrics there.

So how does this whole thing works. I am not able to understand this at all.
- The "Family Information Form (IMM 5645)" asks for Date of Birth and supporting docs for my Mother's parents ! How on earth can we get this information. This historic data is impossible to get.

And not only that. It also asks for Date of Birth and proof of this for her Brothers and Sisters. Now these people first of all are not alive anymore, plus they live in another city in Pakistan and then we don't have their NIC's and all that stuff. So how can i get the proof and D.O.B of my mother's siblings.

Appreciate if some out there can help me at the earliest. Please help me here.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Shaikhzees

Reactions: sherrysn