+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
FKL,

So nice of you, and thanks again for your kind words. They give some hope to me :)

I will apply for her Open work permit (Online by myself) when I return back Canada in May end, or in June (At that time my study permit would have been renew until June-2016). Will right simple explanation letter that see, she is my wife and we want to live together, and she has no travel history because she never had the opportunity to go out of country, and now when she has option, we request you (VO) to issue her visa. For home country and Canada ties, (Her real sister is Canadian citizen, and my real brother is also citizen, may be this was the reason for strong ties to Canada), I will right that after completing my studies, I am going back to Pakistan too, so let us enjoy this time together in Canada (How to overcome blood relationship ties in Canada?)

Other thoughts for applying regular TRV were to get it quickly (56 days) but Open work permit timings are 7 months for Islamabad, but we are only left with this option now. let see what happens this time

Any other thoughts to convince VO, that she will return back??

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
b4ahmad,

NP, I am glad i could be of help.

I suggest you apply together - the next time you apply for study permit renewal, along with SOWP and resident trv for your child.

There is some misconception about "ties" with people. They don't have any problem with you not coming back. The term "dual-intent" is perfectly okay and exists for the same reason (applying for temp work permit while PR application is already in process).

The visa officer's only concern is, IF YOU FAIL TO GET PERMANENT residence, would you stay in Canada illegally? THAT IS THE CORE CONCERN.

So having a stable well paying / established career / family in home country strongly supports that.

Don't show too much money or show reliance upon others. Just show enough - little more than what is required and you should be good.

7 Months processing time from Isb may or may not hold depending upon how clear a case you have as well as how busy the embassy is during that time frame. If you apply during mar to july - it probably will take longer, because of the study visa intake lots mainly aimed at sep. In any other time of the year, particularly towards the end of year (since they have to meet annual goals of min number of applications processed), embassy is relatively free and processes applications at surprisingly fast rate.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
fkl said:
b4ahmad,

NP, I am glad i could be of help.

I suggest you apply together - the next time you apply for study permit renewal, along with SOWP and resident trv for your child.

There is some misconception about "ties" with people. They don't have any problem with you not coming back. The term "dual-intent" is perfectly okay and exists for the same reason (applying for temp work permit while PR application is already in process).

The visa officer's only concern is, IF YOU FAIL TO GET PERMANENT residence, would you stay in Canada illegally? THAT IS THE CORE CONCERN.

So having a stable well paying / established career / family in home country strongly supports that.

Don't show too much money or show reliance upon others. Just show enough - little more than what is required and you should be good.

7 Months processing time from Isb may or may not hold depending upon how clear a case you have as well as how busy the embassy is during that time frame. If you apply during mar to july - it probably will take longer, because of the study visa intake lots mainly aimed at sep. In any other time of the year, particularly towards the end of year (since they have to meet annual goals of min number of applications processed), embassy is relatively free and processes applications at surprisingly fast rate.
FKL,

Thanks again. If I apply together for my study permit extension and my wife's work permit at same time, Won't it make situation more complicated? I am just confused, I just checked the "Come to Canada" tool and I selected the "Do you want to apply for another family member" option and then it asked me about details of my wife and kid. At the end it is showing complete details of the forms that I need to submit. My question and concern is,

If I send so many forms together, for my study permit extension and her work permit and TRV forms for my son (1.5yrs old), will it be OK? Will it not take more time? Because for study permit extension inside Canada it takes less then a month, but for work permit (for my wife) it will be 7 months more or less?
CONFUSED :O

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
b4ahmad said:
FKL,

Thanks again. If I apply together for my study permit extension and my wife's work permit at same time, Won't it make situation more complicated? I am just confused, I just checked the "Come to Canada" tool and I selected the "Do you want to apply for another family member" option and then it asked me about details of my wife and kid. At the end it is showing complete details of the forms that I need to submit. My question and concern is,

If I send so many forms together, for my study permit extension and her work permit and TRV forms for my son (1.5yrs old), will it be OK? Will it not take more time? Because for study permit extension inside Canada it takes less then a month, but for work permit (for my wife) it will be 7 months more or less?
CONFUSED :O
I am sorry, i kind of missed the part on your application being inside canada's vs their's being from home country and i am not sure what happens in this case.

When you apply together generally, response for all comes together.

E.g. when i applied from Pakistan (self work permit, SOWP, study permit and trvs for children), cic asked for further medical evaluation for one of my kids. And we didn't get any update on any of our applications until that was done. Then all were approved together. But of course we were all based in Pakistan and i had no plans of coming if my family wasn't approved. So that is a different situation.

May be its a good to ask CIC helpline. But the agent's response is not really weigh able either. However, i would want to explore the online application a bit further to see how they treat it. If i have doubts then i would apply separately.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi ,

My parents were issued a super visa in Nov 2014 , however due to some reason they wont be able to come to Canada before June 2015 . So , it would be more than 6 months since their visa was issued . I have heard that one must enter in Canada within 6 months of visa issuance otherwise the visa will be expired .

Is that correct ?

Anyone whose parents entered Canada after 6 months of visa issuance ?

Kindly advise .

Thanks

Aistah

Jan 21, 2015
Hello friends

I am in Canada on TRV, temporary work permit for one year. My friend wants to visit canada for one month on visit visa and he is in Pakistan. Can I submit my friend's visit visa application in Canada on his behalf? Please be informed that my friend applied for visit visa November 2014 but he was refused visa. Please provide necessary details regarding this scenario.

Thanks a lot.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
fkl said:
I am sorry, i kind of missed the part on your application being inside canada's vs their's being from home country and i am not sure what happens in this case.

When you apply together generally, response for all comes together.

E.g. when i applied from Pakistan (self work permit, SOWP, study permit and trvs for children), cic asked for further medical evaluation for one of my kids. And we didn't get any update on any of our applications until that was done. Then all were approved together. But of course we were all based in Pakistan and i had no plans of coming if my family wasn't approved. So that is a different situation.

May be its a good to ask CIC helpline. But the agent's response is not really weigh able either. However, i would want to explore the online application a bit further to see how they treat it. If i have doubts then i would apply separately.
FKL the Champion:

Thanks again, and I would apply separately, first for my study permit extension and then for her SOWP. I will write an explanation letter, and would share with you for your suggestions before submitting application.

Savior

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Request
01-01-2013
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 24-07-2013 PPR 2 : 15-08-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2014
I got an email from VFS Global saying the passport of my mother is dispatched from Canada Visa Office - Islamabad on Feb 26, 2015. Apparently, when I checked the website it showed Feb 27, 2015, since it was weekend my mother visited VFS Global Karachi office on Mar 2, 2015. They informed her that they will be receiving the Passports to their department at 1 pm. Now my question can the passport be collected tomorrow Mar 3, 2015 or Mar 4, 2015. Since, my mother is all alone so she can't visit everyday and they are not kind enough to response her properly. The website says passports can be collected between 9 am to 5 pm but the staff said to come between 3 pm to 5 pm. So which is true ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Savior said:
I got an email from VFS Global saying the passport of my mother is dispatched from Canada Visa Office - Islamabad on Feb 26, 2015. Apparently, when I checked the website it showed Feb 27, 2015, since it was weekend my mother visited VFS Global Karachi office on Mar 2, 2015. They informed her that they will be receiving the Passports to their department at 1 pm. Now my question can the passport be collected tomorrow Mar 3, 2015 or Mar 4, 2015. Since, my mother is all alone so she can't visit everyday and they are not kind enough to response her properly. The website says passports can be collected between 9 am to 5 pm but the staff said to come between 3 pm to 5 pm. So which is true ?
Between 9 to 5, they are accepting applicants too so it is far more crowded. However, there is no issue in going on mar 3 or 4 or even latter. A few days of delay is perfectly okay (so long as you do not exceed the minimum duration for while they say they will keep it). No one shows up on the exact day unless they are in a real hurry.

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
hi Friends
How are you

I need little information regarding the document required for TRV (other then the form) for my mother

Little back ground

I live in Calgary with my family ( Me, my wife and 2 son) we are landed immigrant

my sister is also living in Calgary with her husband ( She has one daughter and also pregnant) They all are citizen

kindly let me know which is better way and requirements so my mom can easily get the visa with out rejection

Savior

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Request
01-01-2013
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-10-2014
fkl said:
Between 9 to 5, they are accepting applicants too so it is far more crowded. However, there is no issue in going on mar 3 or 4 or even latter. A few days of delay is perfectly okay (so long as you do not exceed the minimum duration for while they say they will keep it). No one shows up on the exact day unless they are in a real hurry.
Thanks for your response.

Savior

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Request
01-01-2013
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-10-2014
Thanks to the members for quick response. I have good news to share, my mother got 4 years super visa.

Here is her timeline:

Jan 6, 2015 - Submitted Documents at VFS Global
Jan 27, 2015 - Request for Medical
Feb 2, 2015 - Medical Done
Feb 26, 2015 - Visa Issued
Feb 27, 2015 - Passport Dispatched
Mar 4, 2015 - Passport Received

From filing to Collection total days: 56 days

Seeking23

Mar 4, 2015
Salam Aliakum Everyone,

I have few questions regarding tourist visa application.

My family and I are Canadian citizens and would like to invite my cousin to visit us in Canada. Could someone with past experience with tourist visa please provide feedback on the following:

1. In Pakistan she is living with family (18 years old), she is a student and is financially supported by her parents? Is this an issue as I understand the visitor have to show Canadian Officers that they will be financially able to support their travel? (Pakistan she is supported by parents and when visiting us in Canada, we plan on taking this responsibility)

2. She is a student and I believe does not have savings as parents are supporting her, does she need to show a bank account? Can she show her father's account? Is there a specific amount that needs to be shown in the financial statement?

3. I understand that visitor has to show reasonable cause to return to Pakistan after visit is over, she will have completed her first year in university by summer this year and will have enrolled for next year, is this a sufficient reason to show officers that she is planning on returning to Pakistan?

4. Is there anything else that we should know before advising her to apply for the application?

I appreciate any feedback, thank you.

regards

Sams

Mar 4, 2015
Hello Mr. Waqar,
My father had visited me in 2007 on TRV, My parents (mom and dad) applied 2 weeks back and they have rejected their visa saying that "what is the purpose of the visit" and "duration of stay" even though it was clearly stated in my invitation letter and their application. Please help me if i can appeal this decision.
Thanks
Sams

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Hi All, a quick question - what is the current processing time for TRV for Islamabad office. My mom and brother submitted their applications on Feb 10 and haven't heard back since then.

Any insight will be really appreciated.