+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of child to Permanent Resident Application after PPR

Princess.ada

May 31, 2019
Yes, first of all you should submit your passport before 30days expiration. Your child can be added after you get stamped on passport. This happened with us, we received PPR and child was not added in application. So, we had to submit our passport once and those got stamped as well. Later when our child was added in application then they asked to submit baby's passport along with our passports again( cancelled the old visa and stamped new one).

Few questions to you so that I can help you more:
1) all baby’s documents are prepared. Like passport, birth certificate etc ?
2) have you filled IMM forms?
3) baby’s medical is done or yet to do ?
4) what do you mean that your wife and baby are not accompanying you ?

Thanks,
Mandeep

If you are not receiving reply from IRCC then you can drop a follow up, along side can call the Agent as well.
Please how long does it take for a child ADD- ON
Yes, first of all you should submit your passport before 30days expiration. Your child can be added after you get stamped on passport. This happened with us, we received PPR and child was not added in application. So, we had to submit our passport once and those got stamped as well. Later when our child was added in application then they asked to submit baby's passport along with our passports again( cancelled the old visa and stamped new one).

Few questions to you so that I can help you more:
1) all baby’s documents are prepared. Like passport, birth certificate etc ?
2) have you filled IMM forms?
3) baby’s medical is done or yet to do ?
4) what do you mean that your wife and baby are not accompanying you ?

Thanks,
Mandeep

If you are not receiving reply from IRCC then you can drop a follow up, along side can call the Agent as well.
Please how long does it take for a child ADD-ON

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi All,

I received my PPR email on Oct 7. In the email, it was specifically mentioned that we need to update IRCC of any changes to family composition including pregnancy. My wife (secondary applicant) is pregnant and the expected delivery date is April 2020. It would be extremely helpful if you could clarify my below doubts -

1) How do I inform IRCC about the pregnancy - webform or email to Ottawa CPC or both? The PPR email did not have any information on this.
2) Considering the pregnancy, will IRCC create placeholders in the account to add my child? especially, since the expected date of delivery is still more than 6 months away
3) Should I inform IRCC about my expected landing date?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

MrSingh@1984

Aug 9, 2018
Hi All,

I received my PPR email on Oct 7. In the email, it was specifically mentioned that we need to update IRCC of any changes to family composition including pregnancy. My wife (secondary applicant) is pregnant and the expected delivery date is April 2020. It would be extremely helpful if you could clarify my below doubts -

1) How do I inform IRCC about the pregnancy - webform or email to Ottawa CPC or both? The PPR email did not have any information on this.
I did both and think that one gets response faster upon emailing than webform. However, suggest you to do both.
2) Considering the pregnancy, will IRCC create placeholders in the account to add my child? especially, since the expected date of delivery is still more than 6 months away
They will create placeholders once you provide them with birth certificate of the child and passport copies. Nothing of that sort before the birth. They might give you other options like having the child in Canada or adding him as dependent later.
3) Should I inform IRCC about my expected landing date?
I didn't feel the need to do so. If you have your child before landing in Canada, you will have to add him as dependent. In this case, your Current COPRs will be cancelled and new will be issued.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!
I went through similar situation. I can tell you what I did and probably experts can also give their views on the same. Provided my responses above.

shru_91

Dec 17, 2018
Hey, this forum posting seems to be very helpful.

I'm in a similar situation. Got the PPR (Ready for visa), in the mean time, we have been blessed with a baby. Have informed on this via web form as well as the Ottawa email.
Just 10 days left in the expiry of the date.
Received an email from the Delhi High Commission, referring 'Not to send the passport' at this stage, while they look forward to send the instructions on child add on.

However, the PPR request will expire in the mean time.
Should I still submit the passport for Visa stamping to VFS before the deadline date of July 28, 2019?

Please suggest.
@Mkaur_ghotra @gagandeep.sb @legalfalcon @ExpressoEntry
Hi Rajesh..I'm in similar situation,ndvo asked us didnot to se you send passports after
Hey, this forum posting seems to be very helpful.

I'm in a similar situation. Got the PPR (Ready for visa), in the mean time, we have been blessed with a baby. Have informed on this via web form as well as the Ottawa email.
Just 10 days left in the expiry of the date.
Received an email from the Delhi High Commission, referring 'Not to send the passport' at this stage, while they look forward to send the instructions on child add on.

However, the PPR request will expire in the mean time.
Should I still submit the passport for Visa stamping to VFS before the deadline date of July 28, 2019?

Please suggest.
@Mkaur_ghotra @gagandeep.sb @legalfalcon @ExpressoEntry
@Rajesh360 :Hi..we are in similar situation,ndvo asked us not to send passports.Did you send the passports? can you please tell me what was the process after the 30 days deadline and how was it reflected in your cic account?

Akash_16

May 7, 2018
Hi all, I may be new to the conversation but here is my case layout

I got PPR on 16/11/2017 had to submit my passports within 30 days (15/12/17). Blessed with a baby girl on 22/11/17. Intimated CIC on 29/11/17 with Birth Certificate (already had intimated that we were expecting a child with my wifes medicals). CIC-O replied on 02/12/17 I had to inform NDVO. Mailed NDVO on same day. No replies from them for over 20 days. PPR was to expire on 16/12/17 so I had no choice but to submit passports of me and my wife for stamping. And guess what, I got visa stamped on 23/12/17 (happy but not much coz.....)

NDVO replied to my mail on 29/12/17. They asked for the following documents to be sent to them by email.

- New IMM0008 form including your child’s information

- New Additional family information forms for you and your spouse (IMM5407)

- Pay the document replacement fee for you and your spouse (CAD $30) each online and send the receipt to our office by email.

- Pay the processing fee for your child online and send the receipt to our office by email

and also asked me to send our passports back for cancellation :( of the VISA granted (we 3 will receive the new visa together)

I sent them all documents on 04/01/18. NDVO replied on 16/01/18 informing my daughters UCI & IME and asked for her medicals. Got my passports with visa cancelled. Submitted my daughters medicals on 22/01/18.

Waiting for their next mail. Hopefully its a PPR now :rolleyes:
Hi,

Even i am in the same situation. Although baby is showing as added on the portal, they have still not requested me to submit passports again. I already had my COPR before. Its been 3 months now, how long should i wait ?
Should i submit my passports again at VO without them asking ?
Please help.

Reactions: DharamjitPandher

Akash_16

May 7, 2018
Hi,
Finally got new CoPR. Below is my complete timeline for your reference:

Application Timeline:

CRS: 410
PNP Outland
Nomination: 07/04/17 (Nova Scotia)
ITA: 12/04/2017
AOR: 20/06/2017
MEP: 13/08/2017*
IP1: 14/08/2017*
NA2: 26/08/2017*
IP2: 03/11/2017
NA3: SKIPPED
PPR: 16/11/2017
Change in Circumstances: 22/11/2017 (addition of a dependent child)
Passports Submitted: 13/12/2017
CoPR: 22/12/2017
ADR: 29/12/2017 (updated forms & ID for the inclusion of the dependent)
ADR Fulfilled: 04/01/2018
Cancellation of CoPR: 12/01/2018
Medical Request: 16/01/2018
MEP2: 02/02/2018
PPR: 06/02/2018
CoPR: 14/02/2018

(* - approximately because I checked the status on that date. It may have changed earlier too)

In case I dont reply and you want some queries to be answered urgently, I will be available for any help/questions on kruks17@gmail.com

Thanks, all the best to all of you.
Hi,

In my case, i got my PPR in June and COPR a week later. My baby was born in July. After that, i informed CIC and submitted all docs.
I received their last mail that baby has been added and my last visa will get cancelled.
But still they have not requested me to send the passports again.

Should i wait for them to ask or visit VO and submit directly ?

Please help sir.

Thanks
Akash

Gargamit12

Nov 20, 2019
Alhamdolillah, I got my Visa and COPR after successfully adding a newborn baby.

This is what I did to add a newborn baby:

I arranged all the following documents:

1- Birth Certificate
2- Visa Photo
3-Passport
4-Upfront Medical of baby
5-Paid fee of 150CAD (in advance)
6-Update IMM0008 form
7-Update 5406E (Principle Applicant)
8- Updte 5406 E (Spouse)

I raised CSE that I want to add a newborn baby but after two days of CSE, I got my PPR that clearly states that if change in family composition then do write an email immediately to London Visa office. So, I did and in that email, I attached all the above documents. After 22 days of my email, I got reply from london visa office with Medical Request form 1017E for my newborn baby. I requested my clinic to upload upfront medical of my daughter which i did earlier with the IME no. provided by CIC on form 1017E. Doctor tried to access IME no. provided but it gives the error message. So doctor told me to report this back to CIC that prvided IME no. is not working . So, once again I wrote an email to London Visa office. Explaining them the error message CIC panel docotor getting in emedical system and about my earlier email in which I provided upfront medical as well. After two days, I got another PPR. This Sunday, I submitted my passports through VFS and yesterday, I collected my passports with COPR and Visa.

My advice for all those who are in same situation. Please arrange all the above documents and write an email to your visa office with all the documents. Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

Thanks
I followed the same process. Buy instead I got a message with medical forms for myself and my spouse. Instill didn't get any medical form for my new born child...

sspyeye

Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone, I have an urgent query and would kindly request for your inputs.

A.O.R - 19th April 2019

Birth of baby- 21st October 2019

PPR EMAIL- 29th October 2019

ADR(Baby document request )received in cic account on 01st Nov 2019

Baby document uploaded on cic documenet and sent via webform on 10th Nov 2019

Baby’s name is added in dependents under cic account on 17th Nov 2019

However, i have yet to receive revised PPR email . I called cic twice but no concrete response from them on possible closure of the application. I am looking for revised PPR email. Anybody pls can you suggest how long it will take to reissue the PR as my plans are on hold until then. Baby’s medicals are already submitted .

Pls share your views.

I would really appreciate your valuable inputs.

sspyeye

Aug 2, 2019
Hi,

Hi,

In my case, i got my PPR in June and COPR a week later. My baby was born in July. After that, i informed CIC and submitted all docs.
I received their last mail that baby has been added and my last visa will get cancelled.
But still they have not requested me to send the passports again.

Should i wait for them to ask or visit VO and submit directly ?

Please help sir.

Thanks
Akash
Hi akash ,

have you received the revised Pr email . Pls advise

sspyeye

Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone, I have an urgent query and would kindly request for your inputs.

A.O.R - 19th April 2019

Birth of baby- 21st October 2019

PPR EMAIL- 29th October 2019

ADR(Baby document request )received in cic account on 01st Nov 2019

Baby document uploaded on cic documenet and sent via webform on 10th Nov 2019

Baby’s name is added in dependents under cic account on 17th Nov 2019

However, i have yet to receive revised PPR email . I called cic twice but no concrete response from them on possible closure of the application. I am looking for revised PPR email. Anybody pls can you suggest how long it will take to reissue the PR as my plans are on hold until then. Baby’s medicals are already submitted .

Pls share your views.

I would really appreciate your valuable inputs.
Hi ,

@legalfalcon

pls advise

faranshakeel

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Alhamdolillah, I got my Visa and COPR after successfully adding a newborn baby.

This is what I did to add a newborn baby:

I arranged all the following documents:

1- Birth Certificate
2- Visa Photo
3-Passport
4-Upfront Medical of baby
5-Paid fee of 150CAD (in advance)
6-Update IMM0008 form
7-Update 5406E (Principle Applicant)
8- Updte 5406 E (Spouse)

I raised CSE that I want to add a newborn baby but after two days of CSE, I got my PPR that clearly states that if change in family composition then do write an email immediately to London Visa office. So, I did and in that email, I attached all the above documents. After 22 days of my email, I got reply from london visa office with Medical Request form 1017E for my newborn baby. I requested my clinic to upload upfront medical of my daughter which i did earlier with the IME no. provided by CIC on form 1017E. Doctor tried to access IME no. provided but it gives the error message. So doctor told me to report this back to CIC that prvided IME no. is not working . So, once again I wrote an email to London Visa office. Explaining them the error message CIC panel docotor getting in emedical system and about my earlier email in which I provided upfront medical as well. After two days, I got another PPR. This Sunday, I submitted my passports through VFS and yesterday, I collected my passports with COPR and Visa.

My advice for all those who are in same situation. Please arrange all the above documents and write an email to your visa office with all the documents. Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

Thanks
----------------

Hi,,
I have forwarded the requested docs of my newly born child to Canada high commission,Delhi on 21st December 2019 (We did after PPR)

-New IMM0008 form.

- Additional family information forms.

- Pay processing fee for your child online.

- Copy of birth certificate

- Copy of passport of your child

How long should I wait for the MR?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
----------------

Hi,,
I have forwarded the requested docs of my newly born child to Canada high commission,Delhi on 21st December 2019 (We did after PPR)

-New IMM0008 form.

- Additional family information forms.

- Pay processing fee for your child online.

- Copy of birth certificate

- Copy of passport of your child

How long should I wait for the MR?
Around 10 days.

faranshakeel

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi all, I may be new to the conversation but here is my case layout

I got PPR on 16/11/2017 had to submit my passports within 30 days (15/12/17). Blessed with a baby girl on 22/11/17. Intimated CIC on 29/11/17 with Birth Certificate (already had intimated that we were expecting a child with my wifes medicals). CIC-O replied on 02/12/17 I had to inform NDVO. Mailed NDVO on same day. No replies from them for over 20 days. PPR was to expire on 16/12/17 so I had no choice but to submit passports of me and my wife for stamping. And guess what, I got visa stamped on 23/12/17 (happy but not much coz.....)

NDVO replied to my mail on 29/12/17. They asked for the following documents to be sent to them by email.

- New IMM0008 form including your child’s information

- New Additional family information forms for you and your spouse (IMM5407)

- Pay the document replacement fee for you and your spouse (CAD $30) each online and send the receipt to our office by email.

- Pay the processing fee for your child online and send the receipt to our office by email

and also asked me to send our passports back for cancellation :( of the VISA granted (we 3 will receive the new visa together)

I sent them all documents on 04/01/18. NDVO replied on 16/01/18 informing my daughters UCI & IME and asked for her medicals. Got my passports with visa cancelled. Submitted my daughters medicals on 22/01/18.

Waiting for their next mail. Hopefully its a PPR now :rolleyes:
----

16/01/18 informing my daughters UCI & IME and asked for her medicals :- Did you get this notification from donotreply@cic.gc.ca ?