+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA-CGA/CPA Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Thank you for contacting CPA Ontario.
Please be advised that you can have 2 members of your present body send in references for you if you do not know anyone from a Canadian CPA body.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or calling us at the number noted below.
This is the reply from CPA ontario.
Do you guys have the link to Canadian tax and law that we have to attempt?

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Yes i emailed CPA ontario and they said that they will accept from your current accounting body aswell.
Awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing, you have no idea how much that helped! I almost postponed applying until i settled-in canada and found a job there because of this two cpa ref thing! And problem is that past April they will have different rules and you never know whether they will be easier or more difficult rules you know!

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing, you have no idea how much that helped! I almost postponed applying until i settled-in canada and found a job there because of this two cpa ref thing! And problem is that past April they will have different rules!
Yes this was the thing stopping me aswell. But now i will go ahead with it.. Never even thought about emailing them before lol.
Yes i know MRA expires in april. So plenty of time to submit application.. first thing law and tax.. do you have the link for it ?

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Yes this was the thing stopping me aswell. But now i will go ahead with it.. Never even thought about emailing them before lol.
Yes i know MRA expires in april. So plenty of time to submit application.. first thing law and tax.. do you have the link for it ?
I was actually going to email them about this very thing a couple of days ago but you beat me to it lol

yes do the course first. I have an exam in dec so i will do it once i am done with the exam. This is why i postponed the email too, but good to know!

here, i believe this is it

https://www.cpacanada.ca/en/career-and-professional-development/courses/core-areas/taxation/personal-tax/overview-of-canadian-tax-and-law

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
I was actually going to email them about this very thing a couple of days ago but you beat me to it lol

yes do the course first. I have an exam in dec so i will do it once i am done with the exam. This is why i postponed the email too, but good to know!

here, i believe this is it

https://www.cpacanada.ca/en/career-and-professional-development/courses/core-areas/taxation/personal-tax/overview-of-canadian-tax-and-law
Exam for ACCA ? Thank you for the link.
There is 20 % of untill 15th November due to pandemic. Lol going to avail that for sure.

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Exam for ACCA ? Thank you for the link.
There is 20 % of untill 15th November due to pandemic. Lol going to avail that for sure.
Nah i am a fellow member. I have L3 exam of CFA scheduled in Dec
Oh seriously. I hadn’t realized!! Maybe I will buy now too lol

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Ah okey. I was like after exam membership process is also a painstaking task. And takes months to recieve the certificate lol.
But goodluck in the exam.
Lol yea that would have been difficult to do before April! Thanks for the wishes, hope the exam gets held after all

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Guys has anyone done the evaluation by WES? We cannot use the same report we used for immigration, can we?
How long did they take to get the evaluation done?
I intend to send my docs to WES now because I heard that they are taking ages to finish the evaluation during covid 19 and I would like to apply before April.

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Guys please I need some insights... I have already obviously done evaluation of my ACCA and my degree through WES ECA package. I have recently got the approval and COPR.. Although did not receive it physically yet.

My question is, to do the WES evaluation for CPA purposes, will I need to just upgrade my package at WES? On my account, I can only find upgrade to course by course, but I can't see ICAP.

The other thing worrying me, does this mean that WES will no longer have my ECA report? Suppose for any reason IRCC would like to see my ECA, if I upgrade my current package, will WES not have my ECA report (which is required for immigration by IRCC) if for any reason they require it.

I'd much rather make a sperate order for ICAP evaluation instead of (upgrading my ECA to ICAP), but I don't seem to find such option!

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Guys please I need some insights... I have already obviously done evaluation of my ACCA and my degree through WES ECA package. I have recently got the approval and COPR.. Although did not receive it physically yet.

My question is, to do the WES evaluation for CPA purposes, will I need to just upgrade my package at WES? On my account, I can only find upgrade to course by course, but I can't see ICAP.

The other thing worrying me, does this mean that WES will no longer have my ECA report? Suppose for any reason IRCC would like to see my ECA, if I upgrade my current package, will WES not have my ECA report (which is required for immigration by IRCC) if for any reason they require it.

I'd much rather make a sperate order for ICAP evaluation instead of (upgrading my ECA to ICAP), but I don't seem to find such option!
I don’t think the upgrade should cause an issue with the one you have provided to IRCC as it shows separately in your WES account.

Also for the upgrade did they require you to repeat the process of sending your transcripts from the university? I’m also in the same situation and it would suck because my university is closed indefinitely.

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I don’t think the upgrade should cause an issue with the one you have provided to IRCC as it shows separately in your WES account.

Also for the upgrade did they require you to repeat the process of sending your transcripts from the university? I’m also in the same situation and it would suck because my university is closed indefinitely.
Idk if they will require or not, I still did not go through the steps as I needed to make sure that upgrading to ICAP does not mean that my earlier report is gone. Idk if it shows separately on the account or not. Even though I got the approval, you never know if copr will expeire due to the restriction and who knows if they will look into our documents agian or what.

Fhussain

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017

Hii,,
If you read the level of your ECA report, it is superior to ICAP package. When they evaluate it for immigration purpose, they evaluate your credentials at highest possible level , therefore, it can't be upgraded further. In this case you have to start a new application within same account, best way is to click upgrade report and then choose change the evaluation from document by document to course by course. This will take you to an option of start new application, click and fill the new application form as you did for ECA, unless you want to add additional / new qualification compared to your ECA application. While completing the application, it will ask your previous Wes report number which should be filled in by default if you started application from same account. Once you created application and paid for it, you will get a new Wes number with a message waiting for the documents. Now, you go to contact us and from the drop down menu in the subject select 'Transfer Documents' and in the text area provide your reference number and request them to transfer the documents. That's it!!
Just wait for couple of days your documents will be transferred to your new Wes account number, no need to send the documents again (If you are asking for the same credentials and not adding new one, otherwise your old documents will be transferred but you have to arrange documents for additional credential)
Regarding your old WES report, that will remain untouched with the same Wes number and with same details; if you want you can download it again. So don't worry..
I have done the above process and got my new WES report within 7 days and I am able to see both reports. I hope this helps you and others pursuing ECA to WES report..
Regards...