+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Redzie

Feb 11, 2018
Couldn't anyone meet the deadline for PPC so uploaded an explanation letter? Wondering if someone has a similar situation and can share the timeline?
I’m from Japan and it took too long to request the PCC from Japan and couldn't meet the deadline CIC asked.
So I talked to a CIC agent and followed what they told me which I only uploaded PCC from Canada and an explanation letter about my Japanese PCC. I am waiting for the next action since I already have my PCC from Japan.
CIC hasn't updated any info since then
Yes, you can submit it via webform. I submitted it after the deadline too via webform. After about 14 15 days i got an email saying ur new form has been added to ur file

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Using your Open Work permit you can apply for OHIP.
You will also need a letter from your employer that you have a full time work and they would employ you for at least 6 months.
check the below site for more information

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/temp_foreign.aspx

In Toronto Service Ontario at 777 Bay street does that as far as i know.(few of locations i went did not handle this kind of request)
Thanks! I do not have a job yet. so seems difficult then.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hello,
To obtain my SIN, it literally took 15 minutes. I went to the office in person (I was third in line, waiting for the doors to open, so suggest that you go early), and I brought the original documents that were required. The person there reviewed my documents and asked me to confirm the information. Right afterwards, she provided me with my SIN. She gave me a regular paper printout of my SIN. They no longer provide you with a plastic white card with your SIN. Only a paper was provided.

Fyi- our SIN begins with a digit "9" because we are temporary residents. All temporary residents SINs begin with a "9". After we obtain permanent residency, we will have to reapply for a new SIN which will have no "9" in front of it. In the system, they will have our records with the first SIN and the second SIN provided to us, so that we will always have on record the two SINs.

I hope that future job opportunities/prospects don't look down upon us if our SIN starts with a "9" and they know that we are temporary residents. I've started applying for jobs...

If someone is already working with an OWP, please share if you had any problems finding a job with a temporary resident SIN (starting with a "9").
Thanks!
Thank you so much for the detailed description. Please do share your job hunting experience as well as a temporary resident. All the best for finding a job of your choice. Everything will work out well.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
It worked.. Thank you.

I would also like to find out how soon will I be able to link the OWP. I have tried but its not linking as yet.
Glad that it worked . For OWP you can start trying from next day onwards. Please refer to the below link for tips to link OWP application.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2018-spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-timeline-and-updates.536517/page-19#post-6746237

I was able to link using the UCI number and last name in Caps.

le chat orange

Jul 20, 2018
May 25: sent application
May 31: application received
July 13: email to spouse saying application to sponsor a member of the family class has been received May 31 (by the way, is this AOR? They did provide UCI and Application numbers...)
July 20: Work Permit application returned July 20 due to insufficient processing fees (made a separate thread asking for clarification)

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
May 25: sent application
May 31: application received
July 13: email to spouse saying application to sponsor a member of the family class has been received May 31 (by the way, is this AOR? They did provide UCI and Application numbers...)
July 20: Work Permit application returned July 20 due to insufficient processing fees (made a separate thread asking for clarification)
Generally, if the email was received by the sponsor that's the sponsor AOR, his UCI and your(cuz your're the principal applicant) application#
Does it look like this?

UCI: XXXXXXXXXX (sponsor's UCI)
Application No.: FXXXXXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear (sponsor's name),

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/xx/xx on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Principal Aplicant's name)

le chat orange

Jul 20, 2018
Generally, if the email was received by the sponsor that's the sponsor AOR, his UCI and your(cuz your're the principal applicant) application#
Does it look like this?

UCI: XXXXXXXXXX (sponsor's UCI)
Application No.: FXXXXXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear (sponsor's name),

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/xx/xx on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Principal Aplicant's name)
Yes, that's the exact email I received. Well, at least someone got an AOR :p

le chat orange

Jul 20, 2018
Yeah!!! That means your package was complete!!! And the PA can try to link the application with app# + personal info. It might work :)
I'm sorry but I'm so confused...this is the actual AOR and I can try to link my application to my account now?

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Hi i am applying for my spouse sponsorship and i need you guys to advise me on something.

For proof of relationship :- for joint bank account can this bank account be in India or it has to be in Canada.
As my spouse doesn't live in Canada so i thought we can submit that we have joint bank account in India

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi i am applying for my spouse sponsorship and i need you guys to advise me on something.

For proof of relationship :- for joint bank account can this bank account be in India or it has to be in Canada.
As my spouse doesn't live in Canada so i thought we can submit that we have joint bank account in India
Hi,

Yes, you can give India bank account if you dont have Canadian joint bank account.

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hi, Anyone can help me.
With the restrictions of the OWP from the country that require medical check up, can I apply for job position as:
1. admin/reception in the school/retrirement house/clinic
2. working in the nursery for growing plants
3. lifeguard in the public pool.

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
My husband (PA) has received his OWP and his account states that he "passed the medical exam" (he did a medical last fall when he extended his visitors status, and we sent in the proof). So my question is, if he won't be getting a request to do his medical exam, when is the next we should hear from CIC?