+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Why it seems they stop sending out medical request LOL is there a reason?
They can go on hold sometimes, for example there were no medical requests from end of November 2017 until mid March 2017, when June/July/August 2017 apps had to wait a long time, before basically everyone from those months got the med request at the same time in mid March. But it doesn't seem to slow down the app, most still landing around 11-12 months.

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
When I filled out mine I remember I needed more space and on the "education history" and "personal history" you could add more rows on the right side. Is that the part you need more spaces?
thank you for your reply.
Yes, I need it for personal history but the thing is I think this a new form and it does not give me the option to add more rows

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
They can go on hold sometimes, for example there were no medical requests from end of November 2017 until mid March 2017, when June/July/August 2017 apps had to wait a long time, before basically everyone from those months got the med request at the same time in mid March. But it doesn't seem to slow down the app, most still landing around 11-12 months.
Wow, never see that coming LOL, thank you so much for your explanation.

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi everybody,
After I finished all my application ( for my spouse and daughter ) someone told me that they will refuse my application because I wasn’t physically present at the day of marriage ( my uncle singed in place of me because I can enter my country because of the war there )
But after the marriage was registered in my country I lived with my spouse more than 14 months in another country and we have daughter!!!

He advised me to change my application to common-law partner

Now if this is the case who can I change all my files to common-law partner
Please guide me ?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi everybody,
After I finished all my application ( for my spouse and daughter ) someone told me that they will refuse my application because I wasn’t physically present at the day of marriage ( my uncle singed in place of me because I can enter my country because of the war there )
But after the marriage was registered in my country I lived with my spouse more than 14 months in another country and we have daughter!!!

He advised me to change my application to common-law partner

Now if this is the case who can I change all my files to common-law partner
Please guide me ?
This is a unique case, I would suggest you write a thorough explanation letter (with all the details and support documents) just in case they ask for further proof of marriage.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
So I applied for extension because my application got returned. It got refused after I explain that I applied for PR with sponsorship program.

“A foreign national is authorized to study in Canada without a study permit if the program of study will be completed within the period of stay authorized upon entry into Canada and the duration of the program is six months or less. An application to obtain a study permit to further pursue a program of study must be made outside Canada.”

That was the answer why they refused, I’m starting to think that they don’t even read your application.

If my application gets returned again, is it possible to request the refund for the application fee? Or if I give up I will lose my money?

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
So I applied for extension because my application got returned. It got refused after I explain that I applied for PR with sponsorship program.

“A foreign national is authorized to study in Canada without a study permit if the program of study will be completed within the period of stay authorized upon entry into Canada and the duration of the program is six months or less. An application to obtain a study permit to further pursue a program of study must be made outside Canada.”

That was the answer why they refused, I’m starting to think that they don’t even read your application.

If my application gets returned again, is it possible to request the refund for the application fee? Or if I give up I will lose my money?
I believe you need to send the study permit application to L.A VO...

Aiesline

Sep 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
AOR Received.
29-06-2018
Hi everyone,

How long can I expect my application for both PR and OWP to sit at "Submitted" for status on the CIC website?

Reactions: Evergreen_3034