+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
My husband (PA) has received his OWP and his account states that he "passed the medical exam" (he did a medical last fall when he extended his visitors status, and we sent in the proof). So my question is, if he won't be getting a request to do his medical exam, when is the next we should hear from CIC?
When did your husband send out the file to CIC? Normally at 6 months mark, it will ask for medical exam, since you have past it already, no idea the next step,it may have some request after that.
Normally the next step should be background check.

Last edited:

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
When did your husband sent out the file to CIC? Normally at 6 months mark, it will ask for medical exam, since you have past it already, no idea the next step,it may have some request after that.
Normally the next step should be background check.
Thanks for the reply! His application was received March 28th. i'm assuming since he has completed his medical already that they will just carry on with the application process

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply! His application was received March 28th. i'm assuming since he has completed his medical already that they will just carry on with the application process
Having the medical upfront doesn't speed anything up so you probably won't hear anything else until around mid to late February next year for AIP, unless they request additional info. No news until AIP is basically good news as means you have a straight forward application!

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Guys I need to add an extra page to sch A form for one of the questions, how should I do that?
should I print the forms, scan them then add the extra page to it? or is there anyway to avoid this by adding the extra page to the original form and then attach the file to cic page?

Imben_10

Sep 20, 2017
Do we need to attach any income proof like paystubs with the application? If yes how many months paystubs are recommended

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Do we need to attach any income proof like paystubs with the application? If yes how many months paystubs are recommended
There’s no minimum income for a sponsorship application but I think you have to show you can cover you partner’s basic needs. We sent the last 3 months to show consistency, a letter from his employer and the last notice of assessment.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
A person I know got their OWP today. His application was originally submitted on March 6th, but due to missing some of the fees, the application was returned. Then it was resent to CIC on May 4th.
It seems like they do keep your spot in the line. That's good!

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Guys I need to add an extra page to sch A form for one of the questions, how should I do that?
should I print the forms, scan them then add the extra page to it? or is there anyway to avoid this by adding the extra page to the original form and then attach the file to cic page?
anyone please?

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Why it seems they stop sending out medical request LOL is there a reason?
My guess is that they have too many applications there(that would explain the work share with Vancouver office). They did this with july-august 2017 applicants if i'm not wrong and then they just sent a bunch of requests at the same time.