+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
how many days after cic received your app did you call? some applicants are able to link their apps without receiving aors. i tried doing it but i cant seem to link it. its been 39 days since they received it. im starting to worry

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

How long can I expect my application for both PR and OWP to sit at "Submitted" for status on the CIC website?
Hello,
I believe that in your CIC website account, the Current Status for each application will state "Submitted" until the entire application is approved, or until a final decision has been reached.
Under Action, we can click on the Check Full Application Status link and view each application step and details of the application status, such as Review of Eligibility, etc.

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
I believe you need to send the study permit application to L.A VO...
Yea but the problem is I don’t want a study permit. I applied for extension to wait my sponsorship application. I wouldn’t want to pay to study in canada when in Brazil the university is free lol

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
lol I see
I just don’t understand why they said something about study. So, if my application returns I will be out of my status in Canada. If I give up, is it possible to get a refund from the sponsorship application fee?

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
i sent the app for second time after was returned cause missing fees in april. they recived it on 14.june. still no AOR. any advice what to do now, what number to call?

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I just don’t understand why they said something about study. So, if my application returns I will be out of my status in Canada. If I give up, is it possible to get a refund from the sponsorship application fee?
Honestly I have no idea, maybe some senior member can answer that

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,
I think that perhaps it is best to speak with an agent at this point. This situation is complicated and they will hopefully shed some light into this matter.

Client Support Centre contact options
  • Web form
  • Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
      If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
      Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:

• make decisions on applications
      • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing
Best to you and good luck.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
i sent the app for second time after was returned cause missing fees in april. they recived it on 14.june. still no AOR. any advice what to do now, what number to call?
Hi, the number to reach an agent is:

Client Support Centre contact information:
  • Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
      If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
      Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:
      • make decisions on applications
      • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
It has been two weeks and I still haven't been able to link my OWP.. Could something be wrong?
My current permit expires next week Tuesday so i'm a bit worried.
It’s possible that somethings wrong, what were the fees you paid? Also, have you checked what answers to give when trying to link?

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
how many days after cic received your app did you call? some applicants are able to link their apps without receiving aors. i tried doing it but i cant seem to link it. its been 39 days since they received it. im starting to worry
I received my AOR email after 43 days. So at this point , you have to just wait for the AOR email. If it makes you feel better, may be mid of next week, you can call CIC and get a status update as well.

Patience is the key here. All the best.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hi E.R.Z784,
Why did you apply for a TRV after getting OWP? Aren't you an inland applicant?

Reactions: pavanvulli

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Guys, I need help with Sch A form (5669) for one of the questions I don't have enough space and I need to add an extra page. I don't know how to do it. anyone with the same issue?

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Guys, I need help with Sch A form (5669) for one of the questions I don't have enough space and I need to add an extra page. I don't know how to do it. anyone with the same issue?
Whenever you don’t have enough space, there’s two options (as far as I know);
- you use the same page, but now with the answers that you couldn’t put on before.
- you use a blank sheet(in Microsoft Word for example) and write everything down here.

In both cases, you could write an explanation with it. In the Instructions Guide, or on the first page of the form, it’ll tell you what to do in this situation. If there’s instructions on the form, go by them, otherwise, follow Guide. Good luck