Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Has anyone applied for OHIP and received it?

Reactions: godmustbecrazy

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
After completing the medicals, should we do any other thing such as uploading any document in the CIC?

tashi0001

May 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
File Transfer...
03-07-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-07-2018
After completing the medicals, should we do any other thing such as uploading any document in the CIC?
If you had got a request for MED from IRCC. In the request letter they have IME number. When you go to a physician if they have E-Medical they would submit the medical report to IRCC directly.

If you had taken Medical before you got a request from IRCC. You will have to submit the form that Physician give you.

Reactions: btis

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
This assumes that they have a UCI number - which typically comes with the AOR, right ?

From this and the June inland thread, it seems as if no June inland applicant has yet received an AOR - so it's not unreasonable to assume to that they're still opening mail from late May. (Which would include the OP.)
UCI number is unique client identifier, which means if you are a visitor, you also have it too, doesn't need to have the AOR. For whoever in-land, I guess mostly they should have one, except some people got here by E-visa.

tashi0001

May 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
File Transfer...
03-07-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-07-2018
Has anyone applied for OHIP and received it?
Using your Open Work permit you can apply for OHIP.
You will also need a letter from your employer that you have a full time work and they would employ you for at least 6 months.
check the below site for more information

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/temp_foreign.aspx

In Toronto Service Ontario at 777 Bay street does that as far as i know.(few of locations i went did not handle this kind of request)

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Once you receive the hard copy for your work permit you can go into any Service Canada office and it is assigned to you in that meeting.
In addition to getting your SIN, you can also try to get your driver's license process going, if you haven't already in the past. With your OWP, if you are in the province of Ontario, you can begin the process of your G1 license. They will allow you to take the written test for your G1 license.
I received by OWP in June 22nd (March 06 applicant) , obtained my SIN, and now in the process of obtaining my G1 license.
It's great that we are able to start obtaining other very important items/documentation to begin establishing ourselves here in lovely Canada.
Best to all of us.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
In addition to getting your SIN, you can also try to get your driver's license process going, if you haven't already in the past. With your OWP, if you are in the province of Ontario, you can begin the process of your G1 license. They will allow you to take the written test for your G1 license.
I received by OWP in June 22nd (March 06 applicant) , obtained my SIN, and now in the process of obtaining my G1 license.
It's great that we are able to start obtaining other very important items/documentation to begin establishing ourselves here in lovely Canada.
Best to all of us.
Hi,

Can you please let me know how long it took to obtain a SIN ?

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi,

Can you please let me know how long it took to obtain a SIN ?
Hello,
To obtain my SIN, it literally took 15 minutes. I went to the office in person (I was third in line, waiting for the doors to open, so suggest that you go early), and I brought the original documents that were required. The person there reviewed my documents and asked me to confirm the information. Right afterwards, she provided me with my SIN. She gave me a regular paper printout of my SIN. They no longer provide you with a plastic white card with your SIN. Only a paper was provided.

Fyi- our SIN begins with a digit "9" because we are temporary residents. All temporary residents SINs begin with a "9". After we obtain permanent residency, we will have to reapply for a new SIN which will have no "9" in front of it. In the system, they will have our records with the first SIN and the second SIN provided to us, so that we will always have on record the two SINs.

I hope that future job opportunities/prospects don't look down upon us if our SIN starts with a "9" and they know that we are temporary residents. I've started applying for jobs...

If someone is already working with an OWP, please share if you had any problems finding a job with a temporary resident SIN (starting with a "9").
Thanks!

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hello,
To obtain my SIN, it literally took 15 minutes. I went to the office in person (I was third in line, waiting for the doors to open, so suggest that you go early), and I brought the original documents that were required. The person there reviewed my documents and asked me to confirm the information. Right afterwards, she provided me with my SIN. She gave me a regular paper printout of my SIN. They no longer provide you with a plastic white card with your SIN. Only a paper was provided.

Fyi- our SIN begins with a digit "9" because we are temporary residents. All temporary residents SINs begin with a "9". After we obtain permanent residency, we will have to reapply for a new SIN which will have no "9" in front of it. In the system, they will have our records with the first SIN and the second SIN provided to us, so that we will always have on record the two SINs.

I hope that future job opportunities/prospects don't look down upon us if our SIN starts with a "9" and they know that we are temporary residents. I've started applying for jobs...

If someone is already working with an OWP, please share if you had any problems finding a job with a temporary resident SIN (starting with a "9").
Thanks!
During my job hunting, I discovered there are organizations ask questions like "is your SIN starts with 9?" on their online application form.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
During my job hunting, I discovered there are organizations ask questions like "is your SIN starts with 9?" on their online application form.
Thank you for your reply.
I hope that in our job hunting journeys, our job applications/resume/qualifications, contributions, etc., aren't overlooked due to our temporary resident SIN. :)