+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi,

Can you please let me know when should SIN be applied. Can we apply once we have OWP approval via email or is the hard copy needed for SIN. Also how long will it take to get a SIN assigned.

Thanks in advance.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
You still need the permit to start working. You also need to get an updated SIN once you receive the permit in the mail.
Thanks for reply, I didn’t know about the SIN. Got it today in the mail, pretty fast, considering last Friday approval received!

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi,

Can you please let me know when should SIN be applied. Can we apply once we have OWP approval via email or is the hard copy needed for SIN. Also how long will it take to get a SIN assigned.

Thanks in advance.
Once you receive the hard copy for your work permit you can go into any Service Canada office and it is assigned to you in that meeting.

Imben_10

Sep 20, 2017
Hi,

I am a Permanent resident in Canada and would like to bring my wife from India on spouse visa. Had few doubts,
1. can she still travel on visitor visa to Canada during or before the spousal visa application
2. If yes would that be considered inland or outland application?
3. Usual timelines for the process
4. Any links to the document checklist for this application would be greatly helpful.

Thanking you in advance

Ken Nguyen

Jul 19, 2018
My lawyer submitted my application on May 24. Its received May 28. Its been more than 50 days but I have received nothing. I'm so worried :( would it be a problem?

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
My lawyer submitted my application on May 24. Its received May 28. Its been more than 50 days but I have received nothing. I'm so worried :( would it be a problem?
Are you in-land applicant? If so, can you use your UCI number, or use your spouse's UCI number to check online, because the CIC is automatically send emails to us, sometimes it could went wrong.
Here the online tools.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Are you in-land applicant? If so, can you use your UCI number, or use your spouse's UCI number to check online, because the CIC is automatically send emails to us, sometimes it could went wrong.
Here the online tools.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
This assumes that they have a UCI number - which typically comes with the AOR, right ?

From this and the June inland thread, it seems as if no June inland applicant has yet received an AOR - so it's not unreasonable to assume to that they're still opening mail from late May. (Which would include the OP.)

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi,

I am a Permanent resident in Canada and would like to bring my wife from India on spouse visa. Had few doubts,
1. can she still travel on visitor visa to Canada during or before the spousal visa application
2. If yes would that be considered inland or outland application?
3. Usual timelines for the process
4. Any links to the document checklist for this application would be greatly helpful.

Thanking you in advance
1. She can if she gets approved for a Temporary Residence Visa.
2. If she will not stay with you during the process, so an Outland Sponsorship.
3. 12 months. Outland is usually faster.
4. Start here and click on the links highlighted on the website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Aymsek

Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
Couldn't anyone meet the deadline for PPC so uploaded an explanation letter? Wondering if someone has a similar situation and can share the timeline?
I’m from Japan and it took too long to request the PCC from Japan and couldn't meet the deadline CIC asked.
So I talked to a CIC agent and followed what they told me which I only uploaded PCC from Canada and an explanation letter about my Japanese PCC. I am waiting for the next action since I already have my PCC from Japan.
CIC hasn't updated any info since then

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
Couldn't anyone meet the deadline for PPC so uploaded an explanation letter? Wondering if someone has a similar situation and can share the timeline?
I’m from Japan and it took too long to request the PCC from Japan and couldn't meet the deadline CIC asked.
So I talked to a CIC agent and followed what they told me which I only uploaded PCC from Canada and an explanation letter about my Japanese PCC. I am waiting for the next action since I already have my PCC from Japan.
CIC hasn't updated any info since then
If others can confirm, maybe you can send it via webform

Aymsek

Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
I think you should send via webform. Even if it's just to play it safe.
Thank you for the reply!!
Very weird tho, Japanese CPP can't be opened by the applicant. I have to sent to the CIC office by mail directly.
My partner says I should wait for the further instruction from CIC but I really wanna sent anytime soon since PCC is in my hands already!

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Thank you for the reply!!
Very weird tho, Japanese CPP can't be opened by the applicant. I have to sent to the CIC office by mail directly.
My partner says I should wait for the further instruction from CIC but I really wanna sent anytime soon since PCC is in my hands already!
Ohhh. Didn't know that. That's different. Mine I can get it online.
In this case I'd wait too.
Have you tried the facebook group? Maybe you´ll find someone from there too and you can ask them how did they do it.
Best of Luck.