+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi guys.
Just wanted to get some info on how long you’ve had to wait on your AORs?
I sent my application May 1st (unfortunately and stupidly via regular Canada Post) and assume it would arrive at least within a week (May 8 approximately) and have yet to receive anything.
Any tips? At this point in time I’m getting quite concerned and upon my call to IRCC last week they couldn’t tell me that my application arrived.
AOR's are sent 6-8 weeks from the date CIC received your application. So, you still have a couple of weeks of wait.

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
AOR's are sent 6-8 weeks from the date CIC received your application. So, you still have a couple of weeks of wait.
Thanks for the reply!
As far as I have read and seen from others inland spousal applications - the AORs are coming within 4-5 weeks
Am I wrong? I do hope so.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thanks for the reply!
As far as I have read and seen from others inland spousal applications - the AORs are coming within 4-5 weeks
Am I wrong? I do hope so.
Yes but the actual processing time for the AOR's is 6-8 weeks.

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Seriously? So let's say, if this one is rejected, I would still be in status, because my pending OWP is still going? Even though that one was send in after my previous visa had ran out... So, because I send in the visitor visa extension, it actually gave me iimplied status at the time of getting my OWP returned.....is that right?? I think I'm starting to get it now haha
Do we still have to apply for extension of Visitor Visa application? when we are waiting for the outcome of OWP? Some are saying one doesn't need to apply. Once your application is received by CIC your status automatically changes to Implied and one can wait until they hear the outcome of the same. Can someone throw some light on this please?

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
I would advise you to leave the country once you have your work permit on hand and your TRV stamped on your passport. Just to be clear, however, there is still a chance for you to be denied upon entry like everyone else and if that happens, your Spousal Sponsorship application will not be processed anymore.
I recieved my open work permit already, but how should I get temprorary visa stamp? Is it required as I am in implied status now?

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
I recieved my open work permit already, but how should I get temprorary visa stamp? Is it required as I am in implied status now?
if you are from visa exempt countries, make sure your ETA active before you leave Canada. but if you are from the country that need visa to come to Canada you need to make sure you have the TRV (tourist/visit visa) in your passport. Work Permit only allow you to work in Canada not for traveling.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
if you are from visa exempt countries, make sure your ETA active before you leave Canada. but if you are from the country that need visa to come to Canada you need to make sure you have the TRV (tourist/visit visa) in your passport. Work Permit only allow you to work in Canada not for traveling.
I have valid multiple entry visitor visa.

Hummingbird876

Feb 8, 2018
Category........
FAM
Do we still have to apply for extension of Visitor Visa application? when we are waiting for the outcome of OWP? Some are saying one doesn't need to apply. Once your application is received by CIC your status automatically changes to Implied and one can wait until they hear the outcome of the same. Can someone throw some light on this please?
I didn’t extend my visitor’s visa. My visa expired while I was waiting for OWP. If you want to have the extra assurance that you’ll have a valid status should In case your OWP is returned then you can extend your visa.

Reactions: pavanvulli