+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Hummingbird876

Feb 8, 2018
Category........
FAM
Can I just pay another $155 online now and mail the receipt to them?
You could redo the application instead of waiting. If you had saved a copy of the $100 receipt then you could send it along with the $155 receipt along with the completed forms

island_hopper_93

Jun 18, 2018
Hey,

You cannot link your AOR before you have received it. After you receive your AOR, you wait for 5-7 days and than you'll be able to link your OWP application to your account. Seeing that you have payed the full amount, there's a big chance that everything is fine with your OWP application. To your 3rd question, I do not know the answer. Welcome to the forum Island Hopper!
Thanks so much Moek90 - that's very helpful information. Looking forward to learning and participating as much as possible!

Jasamar

May 8, 2018
Hey,

You cannot link your AOR before you have received it. After you receive your AOR, you wait for 5-7 days and than you'll be able to link your OWP application to your account. Seeing that you have payed the full amount, there's a big chance that everything is fine with your OWP application. To your 3rd question, I do not know the answer. Welcome to the forum Island Hopper!

Hi, Moek90 :)

i was just reading your conversation i have 1 query, i have received my AOR on 12 June, and i have linked my application but i cannot see any Work permit application , so, will that be linked automatically or we need to do something to link it, and do we get any mail like AOR for OWP also??

thanks

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys.
Just wanted to get some info on how long you’ve had to wait on your AORs?
I sent my application May 1st (unfortunately and stupidly via regular Canada Post) and assume it would arrive at least within a week (May 8 approximately) and have yet to receive anything.
Any tips? At this point in time I’m getting quite concerned and upon my call to IRCC last week they couldn’t tell me that my application arrived.
You´re still within the 6-8 weeks that stands for the AOR processing times, so give it a little more time. Sometimes people get it faster, but don't be discouraged by that. All the applications are being done by all different kinda people, one faster than the other. When it exceeds the 8 weeks, it's time to make a call with CIC

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Do we still have to apply for extension of Visitor Visa application? when we are waiting for the outcome of OWP? Some are saying one doesn't need to apply. Once your application is received by CIC your status automatically changes to Implied and one can wait until they hear the outcome of the same. Can someone throw some light on this please?
In my case, I knew that my OWP application was going to be returned, due to insufficient payment. My visa was about to expire and I got the advise to send in an application to extend my stay as a visitor, to keep implied status/valid status. So, if you don't have this problem, you do not need to apply for an extension. One thing you need to know is that not your PR application is giving your implied status, but it's the Open Work Permit that does. Does this help you out a bit?

Reactions: pavanvulli

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi, Moek90 :)

i was just reading your conversation i have 1 query, i have received my AOR on 12 June, and i have linked my application but i cannot see any Work permit application , so, will that be linked automatically or we need to do something to link it, and do we get any mail like AOR for OWP also??

thanks
No, your OWP application is seperately from your PR application. You will have to search for it through the Temporary Resident Visa option. Wait for about a week and try it. If everything is okay with your application(payed the right amount of fees/$255, complete package, etc.) you will have no problem in linking your account. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to link it, but use your UCI and your family name and find the open work permit through the TRV.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Can I just pay another $155 online now and mail the receipt to them?
I didn't pay the right fees and called CIC to ask them exactly that question. Unfortunately, there was not a chance to get that payment in my file and I had to wait for my OWP to be send back to me. Prepare yourself already by paying for the remaining $155 dollars and have it ready for when your application is being send back to you

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
In my case, I knew that my OWP application was going to be returned, due to insufficient payment. My visa was about to expire and I got the advise to send in an application to extend my stay as a visitor, to keep implied status/valid status. So, if you don't have this problem, you do not need to apply for an extension. One thing you need to know is that not your PR application is giving your implied status, but it's the Open Work Permit that does. Does this help you out a bit?
Thank you so much for sharing your case details. So you got your AOR then after sometime your OWP file was sent back? Means once you receive one's AOR and only when we are able to link both the PR application and the OWP one's status changes to Implied? So if my PR and OWP application is linked successfully then I don't have to worry right? Thank you once again..Have a great day..

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hi Moek90,

I have received my AOR on 12 June, and I have linked my application (PR) but I am not able to link my OWP application. I paid the right fees etc.

What option Do I need to select for Which situation applies to the applicant? Applied for a PR as a spouse or Common law partner in Canada?

Many Thanks

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Thank you so much for sharing your case details. So you got your AOR then after sometime your OWP file was sent back? Means once you receive one's AOR and only when we are able to link both the PR application and the OWP one's status changes to Implied? So if my PR and OWP application is linked successfully then I don't have to worry right? Thank you once again..Have a great day..
That's correct. I received my AOR on April 3rd and got my OWP send back in the mail on the 19th of April. And yes, once the OWP is linked, you know that your application was received and accepted, and ready for review. I'm not sure whether your status automatically changes to implied, or if it changes once your current visa has ran out. Nevertheless, in any case, you are in status and have nothing to worry about. Have a wonderful evening too :)

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi Moek90,

I have received my AOR on 12 June, and I have linked my application (PR) but I am not able to link my OWP application. I paid the right fees etc.

What option Do I need to select for Which situation applies to the applicant? Applied for a PR as a spouse or Common law partner in Canada?

Many Thanks
Yes, you are correct. Also, use your UCI and family name. Here's a guidance from another forum member, scroll down the page and you will see what they filled in to get it linked.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2018-spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-timeline-and-updates.536517/page-43#post-6855153