+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 - PARENTS & GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP APPLICANTS

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
182
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
IT applicant said:
Hi
What is the timing around the credit card being
charged?

Thanks,
They are being charged as we speak...mine was done yesterday.
 
Jan 12, 2016
1
0
Hi, this is Nicholas Keung, immigration reporter at the Toronto Star. We are hoping to follow up on the coverage of the parent/grandparent sponsorship issue as the federal government is pondering changes to improve the program. We are now looking for a family whose sponsored parent/grandparent actually passed away while the application was in process. Pls email me at nkeung@thestar.ca if you know of someone. Feel free to email me if you have other story suggestions on the sponsorship issue. Thanks and hope to hear from you!
 

Solimul

Newbie
Dec 9, 2011
5
0
I was planning to apply PR for my parents and assumed that the application intake would be open for at least couple of months. But they have received over 14000 new applications just in 3 days!
is this happen every year with parent and grandparent class of applications? Please let me know, i will be more prepared for the next year.
 

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
61
5
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Solimul said:
I was planning to apply PR for my parents and assumed that the application intake would be open for at least couple of months. But they have received over 14000 new applications just in 3 days!
is this happen every year with parent and grandparent class of applications? Please let me know, i will be more prepared for the next year.
Yes, it happens every year. This year was worse, closing in just 3 days. Your best bet is to contact local couriers to see who is offering first place spot guarantee. Happy Road got that title this year.
 

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
64
0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Onemoretime said:
They are being charged as we speak...mine was done yesterday.
Hi Onemoretime,

when was your application received in CIC office?

Regards
 

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
64
0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, Please share if your credit card is being changed

regards
 

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
157
22
Visa Office......
Vancouver
gupta.rk said:
Guys, Please share if your credit card is being changed

regards
Follow this thread for credit card charges: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html

There's also a spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ujwMXUzGTckLlr1dkuitOOKiqpp5_bhhLDKxDe3NDg/edit#gid=0
 

flatron

Newbie
Jan 17, 2016
4
0
bobby_luz said:
My application reached on Jan 4 at 8:30AM and CC got charged yesterday, thank God.
Mine is received on Jan 4, 9:19AM and sign with Tammi. Not Charge Yet~~~~~~~ I saw someone's received on 10 AM have been charged. No idea what is going on.
 

ibrahim0175

Full Member
Jun 26, 2014
34
1
would anyone give me an expert advice regarding sponsoring my mother for PR,i came to canada last year as a PR,can i apply next year for my mother with one year's tax paper,though my uncle who will be co-sponsoring my mother has last three years tax document,urgent suggestion needed,thank you.
 

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
11,443
1,547
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ibrahim0175 said:
would anyone give me an expert advice regarding sponsoring my mother for PR,i came to canada last year as a PR,can i apply next year for my mother with one year's tax paper,though my uncle who will be co-sponsoring my mother has last three years tax document,urgent suggestion needed,thank you.
You will only possibly qualify if you live in Quebec, where 1 year income is required.

If you live in any other province then you don't qualify as 3 years income is mandatory. Your uncle can't be a co-signer, only a spouse can.

If you don't live in Quebec then you need 3 years taxes meeting LICO for your family size. So if you have 2015, 2016 and 2017, the earliest you can think to apply is January 2019 (assuming rules stay the same).
 

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
64
0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissFrowz said:
Follow this thread for credit card charges: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html

There's also a spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ujwMXUzGTckLlr1dkuitOOKiqpp5_bhhLDKxDe3NDg/edit#gid=0
Hi Please add my info

parents application received on 4th jan,2016 at 9;19 am. Ontario. credit card not charged
 

flatron

Newbie
Jan 17, 2016
4
0
gupta.rk said:
Hi Please add my info

parents application received on 4th jan,2016 at 9;19 am. Ontario. credit card not charged
It is very weird. Someone after 10 am have been charged but 9:19 am is still pending.
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
74,096
12,262
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
flatron said:
It is very weird. Someone after 10 am have been charged but 9:19 am is still pending.
That probably means the applications weren't really delivered at 9:19 and the courier has the wrong time stamp.
 

flatron

Newbie
Jan 17, 2016
4
0
scylla said:
That probably means the applications weren't really delivered at 9:19 and the courier has the wrong time stamp.
The first delivery from Fedex is 9:19AM. Someone have been charged.