Med's Done....
14-01-2013, Meds Delivered - 24-01-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
13-07-2013
Wow, so at this stage it will take me to bring my parents (in Mumbai) to Canada in 10 years? (Step 1 48 months, Step 2 77 months) - am I reading this right?

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
kia99 said:
Wow, so at this stage it will take me to bring my parents (in Mumbai) to Canada in 10 years? (Step 1 48 months, Step 2 77 months) - am I reading this right?
Yes, you are reading it right but most of the applicants will get to Canada faster then mentioned process timing...

M

mikeymyke

The processing times are nowhere near that long. Read up on other people's experiences here, usually its about 5 years on average for a straightforward case with no medical issues, criminal issues, no missing documents, CIC's instructions being followed closely, etc.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
mikeymyke said:
The processing times are nowhere near that long. Read up on other people's experiences here, usually its about 5 years on average for a straightforward case with no medical issues, criminal issues, no missing documents, CIC's instructions being followed closely, etc.
Thank you mikeymyke ...

akumar1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
Hello Everyone,

I am filling out the application for my Mother under 2016 PGP.
I am almost complete with my paperwork however given the nature where she is physically brings few doubts in my mind regarding her country of residence and mailing address correspondence.
My Mother:
She is a citizen of India and holds an Indian passport. She is currently in USA with my brother on visitor visa until Feb. 15th 2016. She also holds a Super visa from Canada which she will use to enter Canada in Feb. 2016 to come and stay for some time with me. As we all know the 2016 PGP application intake opens on 4th Jan 2016. Following are my doubts which I need some mentoring from some of you here in the community:

1. Form - Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
Question 10: Current country of Residence: United States of America Visitor 2015-xx-xx to 2016-02-xx
Question 11: It is blacked out.
Question 12: Previous countries of Residence other than Country of Citizenship if more than 6 months. Filled Canada Visitor from 2014-03-xx to 2014-12-xx as she stayed for more than 6 months with me last year on super visa.

CONTACT INFORMATION
Mailing Address: Sponsor Address i.e. My address in Canada
Residential Address: What should be the best Address here? Can I give Mine (Canada)or Brother (USA where she is currently living) or her native country where she is a citizen of India? And do we fill in the Representative form if mailing and Residential address will be different?

2. Form - 8. Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Section A: My mother details with her present address of USA where she is staying in with my brother.

a. Please advice if the answers for the Form IMM 0008 are correct?
b. Please advice what should be the correct Mailing and Residential Address. Really struggling here.
c. IS the Address in Form IMM 5406 is also correct?

I would appreciate the people reading my queries and taking time to help me with completing my forms.
Thanks,

cchabert

Dec 29, 2015
Good day,

I have the papers to sponsor my Mom ready, should I wait to the net year? or is ok to mail them today so they will be there when the year opens? is not clear on the instructions.

Thank you for your time guys and have a great day!

cchabert

Dec 29, 2015
Sorry I forgot that detail I'm in Calgary Alberta. and I'm not sure if the package need to be send on January or I can send it now so it will be there a little bit after January 4th.

Cheers

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
cchabert said:
Sorry I forgot that detail I'm in Calgary Alberta. and I'm not sure if the package need to be send on January or I can send it now so it will be there a little bit after January 4th.

Cheers
If the paperwork is complete I would check today with FedEx or Purolator and see if they can get it in on January 4th. Two years ago it took two weeks to hit the cap. Last year it took a day and a couple hours. I would expect the cap will be reached this year within the first day. I do not advise going with Canada Post as they screwed me and many others over last year and I was only sending it an hour away.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You also have to make sure your application doesn't arrive before January 4th (e.g. on December 31st) - otherwise the application will be returned to you.

cchabert

Dec 29, 2015
Thank you guys for all your help! I'm running to FEDEX right now :) have a very successful 2016 for all of you! :)

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Hello Everyone,

Processing Time has changed to 18 months including sponsor assessment. ;D ;D :eek: :eek:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

OFFICER

sabashsabash

Dec 31, 2015
Seeking Help/Guidance - 2016 - PARENTS & GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP APPLICANTS

Hello everyone,

My first time on this forum. I’d like to seek guidance and support from the group.

I’ve prepared all documents to sponsor my parents (father and mother). Date to apply is Jan. 4, 2016.

I don’t know the next steps, please help.

Submit Application/Documents
1. Can I submit my application/documents online?
• 1b) If so, how?
• 1c) Please provide link/website.

2. If I have to submit hard copies via FedEx/Canada Post, then how to do this?
• 2b) What’s this “RECEIPT” that I need to print and put in with the application packet to send via courier?

Fees
3. How to pay fees?
• 3b) Is it possible to pay online? If so, how? (please provide link/website)
• 3c) If not, then how to pay fees? Do I go to a bank?

I’m confused and nervous.

Thank you to all who reply.

Regards,
Sabash

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dispatched my sponsorship application today (Express Post). But I think I forgot to write one address in Additional Family Information. I gave the details about my brother but wanted to verify his new address and ultimately ended up missing it. Anyone has experience with it- does this one enough to disqualify?