+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 - PARENTS & GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP APPLICANTS

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissFrowz said:
If your card hasn't been charged yet then I don't think you made the 5,000 cap. On the 2016 spreadsheet the last credit card charge was on Jan 28, and many application have already received first AOR and/or have access to E-Cas. You may still be in luck for when the cap is raised to 10,000. You should try to check with your consultant about which courier they used and get a time stamp.

Here's a link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ujwMXUzGTckLlr1dkuitOOKiqpp5_bhhLDKxDe3NDg/edit#gid=1536656204
I just checked. Unfortunately it was Purolator. I hope the file did not get messed up. As per the spreadsheet there are few of them who sent their files via Purolator and they had their CC charged.

Harnit

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
harnit2010 said:
I just checked. Unfortunately it was Purolator. I hope the file did not get messed up. As per the spreadsheet there are few of them who sent their files via Purolator and they had their CC charged.

Harnit
The ones who used Purolator and got charged had used same day delivery service which is contracted out to local couriers, so that's how they managed to make the cap. Your application should be fine though, CIC will just keep it for processing as part of the 10k when the cap increase is approved.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissFrowz said:
The ones who used Purolator and got charged had used same day delivery service which is contracted out to local couriers, so that's how they managed to make the cap. Your application should be fine though, CIC will just keep it for processing as part of the 10k when the cap increase is approved.
I do not think I believe in the 10k cap increase. As per what I read on the other threads they need to present the bill for that and it will take time to pass in the parliament. If we are lucky it will be in effect from 2017. But, I do not see it happening this year for sure.

Though, here is an article from 08th Jan: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-will-take-in-10-000-parent-grandparent-sponsorship-applications-this-year-1.3396179

Harnit

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

In an attempt to be a little proactive, I am thinking of starting to gather the documents I will need for my parents once the case starts processing and moves forward.

Does anyone know what documents I will have to submit later? Marriage certificate of parents, Birth certificate, relationship to sponsor...?? What about education certificates for parents? Do we need to gather them too?

Not sure if there is a thread or link somewhere that mentions these all. Let me know if there is one.

Thanks.

globalstar66

Feb 10, 2016
Rossei said:
Folks:

I'm not sure if you know about the. We already have close to 300 users there. If you want to add yourself to the timeline, please use 'NEW ENTRY' sheet of the SS. Link is given below in my signature.

Regards-
Rossei
SS Admin
Hi Rossei

I tried to add a new entry, but it's not accepting it.... Get an error in the username field, and tried various usernames without success... Any ideas? Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
globalstar66 said:
Hi Rossei

I tried to add a new entry, but it's not accepting it.... Get an error in the username field, and tried various usernames without success... Any ideas? Thanks.
It may give you a warning but will still accept it. If you see a RED triangle after typing, do not pay attention to it. It only means that it did not find the username in the database which is actually a good thing for new users. In this way, you will know no usernames have been duplicated. After typing your user name (eg. globalstar66), fill out the rest.

If you still find problem, you can PM me with all your details. I will add your entry to TIMELINE sheet manually.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems there's a new group of cc charges!
Application send by UPS, received on Jan 4th, signed Adusei (Time on stamp 6:30 AM, UPS was unable to confirm real time)
CC charged Match 7th!
(I hope I added it correctly)

ija1971

Jan 18, 2016
Thank God. Today my Credit card charged. Unable to update the spread sheet.Application Reached CIC on 04 Jan 2016 at 09:19 AM. (FEDEX)

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
ija1971 said:
Thank God. Today my Credit card charged. Unable to update the spread sheet.Application Reached CIC on 04 Jan 2016 at 09:19 AM. (FEDEX)
good luck

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Hi All,

For all of those whose credit card has been charged, I am wanting to check what has been the mode of receiving an acknowledgement from CIC- email or a letter.
My credit card was charged however I have not received any acknowledgement from CIC to date

thanks,

ssingh321

May 10, 2016
Hi.

I am currently in Canada and I am a citizen and my mother (Resident of India with Indian passport) is living with me (She had a 2 yr Super Visa and just got an extension for another 2 years valid until March 2018).

I had applied for my mothers PR back in June 2011 under family sponsorship. In October 2011, CIC stopped accepting any applications for parents for almost 2 years. I was sent a mail In Jan 2013 that they are starting to process it now.

I July 2015, they asked for all the papers for myself and my mother (good sign?). I was assessed for the eligibility as a sponsor and fortunately, I qualified under old rules so I was not access based on the new minimum income requirements.

They asked for all the forms for my mother i.e.

-IMM0008ENU (Generic application form)
-IMM5669E Schedule A
-IMM5406E Additional fam info
-IMM0008DEPEN Additional Dep info
- Photo copies of passport pages
- proof of relationship to Sponsor in Canada
- Police clearance letter
- Fingure printing
- Right of Landing PR fee..

Everything except original passport and a medical.. :( I was hoping a quicker processing as she is in Canada and has Canadian address on her file online.

I just got a letter in first week of May that my assessment as a sponsor is complete and they have sent my mother's file to New Delhi. Now I need to wait as per the processing times online.

Did anyone have similar situation? if Yes, do you know how much time it will take now? They have everything that they need. They even have the medical which I sent when I got her Super Visa Extended. All they need is to ask for the passport. I am in kind of an unique situation.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Sukhraj

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
ssingh321 said:
Hi.

I am currently in Canada and I am a citizen and my mother (Resident of India with Indian passport) is living with me (She had a 2 yr Super Visa and just got an extension for another 2 years valid until March 2018).

I had applied for my mothers PR back in June 2011 under family sponsorship. In October 2011, CIC stopped accepting any applications for parents for almost 2 years. I was sent a mail In Jan 2013 that they are starting to process it now.

I July 2015, they asked for all the papers for myself and my mother (good sign?). I was assessed for the eligibility as a sponsor and fortunately, I qualified under old rules so I was not access based on the new minimum income requirements.

They asked for all the forms for my mother i.e.

-IMM0008ENU (Generic application form)
-IMM5669E Schedule A
-IMM5406E Additional fam info
-IMM0008DEPEN Additional Dep info
- Photo copies of passport pages
- proof of relationship to Sponsor in Canada
- Police clearance letter
- Fingure printing
- Right of Landing PR fee..

Everything except original passport and a medical.. :( I was hoping a quicker processing as she is in Canada and has Canadian address on her file online.

I just got a letter in first week of May that my assessment as a sponsor is complete and they have sent my mother's file to New Delhi. Now I need to wait as per the processing times online.

Did anyone have similar situation? if Yes, do you know how much time it will take now? They have everything that they need. They even have the medical which I sent when I got her Super Visa Extended. All they need is to ask for the passport. I am in kind of an unique situation.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Sukhraj
You should look through the 2011 thread. There are other cases you can compare with, here is the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2011-maynovember-parents-sponsorship-applicants-join-here-t316460.0.html

smoky

Aug 4, 2016
Hi,

Applied for my mother's PR. SA is approved, AOR received and her application is processed in Ottawa. Does any one know how long will it take to get her letter for Medical or would you suggest me to proactively complete her medicals and send it.

Please advise.

Aladdin84

Aug 11, 2016
blueboy said:
Hey Guys,

In an attempt to be a little proactive, I am thinking of starting to gather the documents I will need for my parents once the case starts processing and moves forward.

Does anyone know what documents I will have to submit later? Marriage certificate of parents, Birth certificate, relationship to sponsor...?? What about education certificates for parents? Do we need to gather them too?

Not sure if there is a thread or link somewhere that mentions these all. Let me know if there is one.

Thanks.
Here is the list:
-Option C print out from the CRA
-IMM0008
-IMM0008DEP
-IMM5669
-IMM5406
-IMM5476
-pasport copies
-details of every trip to canada
-details of parents brothers and siusters and parents (including DOB, address etc)
-proof of relationsto sponsor
-govt and state id copies for parents including identity and civil documents (marriage, death, birth, national ids etc)
-proof of dependant children if under 18
-photos (from max 6 months).

Thats what i see requested on the form.