Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Just wanted to echo the congratulations on jg84's baby, Loops landing (hooray!!), and Simon88's landing date! Also probably lots of other things that I missed in the meantime! Happy waiting to everyone else :p

kanadskazena

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simon88 said:
Hey Jg84! Wow congrats on the baby! I wish your new family and new beginning one full of blessings and joy!

I just want to tell everybody that we finally got our letter for the landing interview on friday! Our interview will be on June 10th! So Jg84, I know that we applied at different times but we actually having a pretty similar timeline aside from that. So please give CIC a bit more time. I'm sure it'll come soon and then you will finally be able to party!
Thanks Simon88, yeah things will be a bit different, it is our firt baby, so.......

It's good that you have your landing date, I bet you can't wait for that date. At least you don't have long to wait!

Thanks, hopefully it won't be much longer, we will see.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomorisu said:
@ Jg84
Congrats on your baby! :D

I'm glad to hear your happy news!
Thanks Tomorisu!

It surely can't be long for your AIP now and the rest of the people on the spreadsheet.

I was just looking at the numbers on the spreadsheet. A couple of months back, all the AIP's were issued either straight after the CSQ or within 1 or 2 months.

Now that time has increased close to 3 months waiting, 6 people are waiting for AIP's and 3 are waiting for Final Decisions including myself. The only good thing is that because the AIP is taking longer, doesn't necessary mean the Final Decision will do. The longer the AIP takes, the more chance their is that the background checks will be completed before the AIP is issued; so both can be issued at the same time.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanadskazena said:
Just wanted to echo the congratulations on jg84's baby, Loops landing (hooray!!), and Simon88's landing date! Also probably lots of other things that I missed in the meantime! Happy waiting to everyone else :p

kanadskazena
Thanks kanadskazena!

Your are in the same position as I wrote in reply to Tomorisu; just by looking at out small sample (people on the spreadsheet). It's obvious time has increased compared to 2 or 3 months ago.

But then we are in the busiest time. At least you have a good chance of the background checks being completed before the AIP is issued though! As the background checks are waiting in a completely different queue to the applications.

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
hello :)

i got a letter from CIC today, that i should send my photos and verify my details. And send everything back in the next 5 days.
So i will be doing everything today and hopefully i will get a landing date soon ;D

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Hi, Jg84!
Yeah, I hope 6 people get AIP & DM at the same time and 3 people get their DM soon! ;D

Hi, Serenity482!
Your landing day is close! :) :)

stereogram24

Sep 16, 2012
Hi everyone....

I was hoping I could get some reassurance/advice with my application.

I am living in Quebec with my common-law spouse and sent our application to Vegreville in January 2013. The only communication I have received since was a request for further information (work history, organizations, address history) on February 15th. I mailed the information a few days after it was requested.

I have been reading about others applications and looking at the spreadsheet detailing the progress of applications. I have not received an acknowledgement of receipt (or was this not sent, as the letter requesting further information acts as notification my app has been received?). When I log in to view the status of my application on-line the only update is 'Application Received: January 28th 2013'

Should I have received other correspondences or should my status on-line be at least 'in-process' by now? Judging by the spreadsheet people received AOR and their application changed to 'in-process' extremely quickly after it was received :s It has been over 4 months since they received my app now.

I called CIC and they just reiterated the 6 months plus 8 months processing times as stated on the website.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Hi Stereo, welcome to Quebec/Canada Immigration process ;)

For the AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) it can take around 5 months, you say you see this online - it is my belief that you should have also been informed of this by either letter or email - mine came in email form, so check your and your spouses email accounts. However, it isn't exactly an important document to have received, as long as online has track of you now that's the main thing. The "in process" online can take forever to be updated, in my case it pretty much said received for like 8 months and then suddenly bam in process to approved in not much time at all. They do not consistently update their online things it seems. You should keep your eye on the post for your next stage though, you seem to have waited about the average time now, though I wouldn't expect anything as it could take around 2 more months in the worst case (in my opinion). It's the most stressful thing not being able to know anything, but hope, it will come ;)

arif_haq

Apr 5, 2013
Hello all,

I went to Service Canada today to change my SIN. First the agent was wondering why is there no VISA seal on my passport for the PR and then he was like may be the immigration officer did some kind of mistake or forgot about the VISA seal. I told him that it was an inland process. He then told me I would have wait for the PR card or can call the immigration to ask about the VISA seal.

Any ideas about it?

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
arif_haq said:
Hello all,

I went to Service Canada today to change my SIN. First the agent was wondering why is there no VISA seal on my passport for the PR and then he was like may be the immigration officer did some kind of mistake or forgot about the VISA seal. I told him that it was an inland process. He then told me I would have wait for the PR card or can call the immigration to ask about the VISA seal.

Any ideas about it?
When I had my landing interview, I ask the officer about when I can change my sin, she told me I have to wait till I receive my PR card. Yet for the medical card, I can call right after the interview, tell then about the change of status, and follow their instruction about what to do next. But since my insurance will valid till Sep., I decide to wait till I got the PR card and get both done by then.

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
hello everyone,
I applied for federal PR after getting CSQ from Montreal. I sent my application along with other documents to nova scotia office on around 21st April 2013. Since then I never heard anything from them no email no letter and now I am worried is this normal time or I should be worried.And in case if should contact CIC to know what all is going to whom should I contact and how? Please share your experience in case you guys have also gone through same situation.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
neetu1 said:
hello everyone,
I applied for federal PR after getting CSQ from Montreal. I sent my application along with other documents to nova scotia office on around 21st April 2013. Since then I never heard anything from them no email no letter and now I am worried is this normal time or I should be worried.And in case if should contact CIC to know what all is going to whom should I contact and how? Please share your experience in case you guys have also gone through same situation.

Thanks everyone in advance.
Hello neetu1.
Here is the topic for FAMILY CLASS SPONSORSHIP. You sent your application to Sidney, Nova Scotia? You applied for Federal Skilled Worker? Then, you might want to ask your question at ''Skilled Worker/ Professional Immigration''.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/

If I were you, I would call CIC. Good luck!

Miminnie

Nov 21, 2012
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if my fellow applicants could shed light on my situation...

I got my original CSQ wayyyy back in March, which had an error in my birthdate. I then got a corrected CSQ in April.

However, as of today, my CSQ is not yet on file at CIC. One reason for this is that Immigration Quebec 'forgot' to send my CSQ to CIC. Upon discovering this, I sent the copy of CSQ directly on my end to CIC 2 weeks ago (confirmed by tracking).

Would it be normal that it takes more than 2 weeks for CIC to put something in the system since they receive it? I'm pretty fed up with all the errors and how slow things are going... looking at this thred I see everyone is pretty much on the same boat though :-[

I also just found about the strike at CIC -- I assume this is slowing down the process too!!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Miminnie said:
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if my fellow applicants could shed light on my situation...

I got my original CSQ wayyyy back in March, which had an error in my birthdate. I then got a corrected CSQ in April.

However, as of today, my CSQ is not yet on file at CIC. One reason for this is that Immigration Quebec 'forgot' to send my CSQ to CIC. Upon discovering this, I sent the copy of CSQ directly on my end to CIC 2 weeks ago (confirmed by tracking).

Would it be normal that it takes more than 2 weeks for CIC to put something in the system since they receive it? I'm pretty fed up with all the errors and how slow things are going... looking at this thred I see everyone is pretty much on the same boat though :-[

I also just found about the strike at CIC -- I assume this is slowing down the process too!!
As for "putting the CSQ in the system," I don't think that they do. I have confirmed by email that CIC received my CSQ, but other than that email response, there's no way to tell that they have it. (Never showed up in ECAS, and they didn't acknowledge receipt until I contacted them to confirm.)

From what I've read, the strike shouldn't affect inland applications, but I could be wrong about that. I know there's some kind of slow down. A LOT of us are well over the estimated timeline for AIP or DM.