Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
Congratulations! You must feel amazing :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Hi, Serenity

Wow, congrats! And getting SIN on the same day is good news! Thank you for sharing the info. I'd like to hear about the exam. Could you tell us about your interview and exam next week? ;)

Serenity482 said:
Got my landing interview in the post today!
26 June. So next week!! :D

it´s funny because i was at an institution today for a french course and i should come to an exam on the same day. well, Montréal is so much more important. ;)

On the letter from CIC Montreal is written, that i can apply for a new social insurance number directly there. thats such a great news. So i can work again soon!!

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
its just a little test for a french course from the MICC to see which level i have.
There will be two groups to i hope i get into the better one. because i already speak french but i have some problems with my grammar :D

of course i will tell you everything about the landing interview next week!!!

esthersun

Apr 17, 2012
QuebecOkie said:
Hi Wortip!

No, I called CIC a week or two ago, and the representative on the phone was nice but couldn't see anything about medicals or police certificate. I sent an email inquiry yesterday. The only other time I emailed (to confirm that my CSQ had been received), I think it took a little over a week to get a response. I'm not actually "worried" at this point, but I'd like to confirm that things got matched up.

I suppose at some point in the next month or two, I'll be requesting our notes, too. I just don't feel too enthusiastic about learning anything that matters or helps the process out in any way, so I try to just sit back and wait.

Aww, how sweet of you to remember! The tornadoes in Oklahoma thankfully didn't impact my family or friends too directly, but a medical center was destroyed. Since it was close to the hospital where my sister works, they've be giving some shifts to nurses who previously worked at the destroyed center. It has my sister's schedule all messed up. She still plans to visit, but it looks more like August or September now.

I'm very thankful for technology, though! It's my birthday, and I'm all alone, but I've had friends from all over the world send me birthday wishes. I've talked to my mom and sister for a long time on the phone for free, despite them being in another country, about 3000km away. And I spent almost two hours chatting with my sweet husband by video, talking about everything and nothing, and getting to see a smile on the handsome face I love so dearly. So, thanks to technology, I'm not at all alone. I have love pouring in from all over. :D I'm often grateful for the age in which I live. Even a mere 20 years ago, it would be so much harder to keep in touch with people, so much more expensive to get to hear my mom's voice for an hour when I miss her. Impossible to talk face-to-face with my husband when he's 4 provinces away.
Did they send you the medical form?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
esthersun said:
Did they send you the medical form?
I'm not exactly sure I understand your question, but I'll try to answer you. I stupidly did not realize I should do the medical before I applied, or that I needed to request the police certificate to include with my application. After reading a lot in this forum, I started to panic a little bit. I opted to order my police certificate and schedule my medical exam before CIC contacted me to request those things. So no, I did not receive the form from CIC. Because I did not yet have a request or medical form from CIC, I used the form the doctor has for doing the medical exam before the application. I just wrote my UCI clearly on the forms, since I already have been assigned a UCI. I do not yet know if my documents have been properly matched up with my file. I inquired by phone a couple of weeks ago, and the representative was unable to answer that question. I sent an email last week to do a case-specific inquiry about those documents, and I have not yet received a response. (The last time I sent an email, it took a little over a week, I think, for a response.)

I cannot tell you if what I did was a good idea or a bad idea. I won't know until this is all said and done, which looks like it will take a while. If I had it to do over again, I would do the medical and get the police certificate before submitting my app.

Julilay

Jun 18, 2013
Everyone!
I got my CSQ yesterday in the mail.. What is the next step? What can I do with that? Also in all the forms my second name is wrong (I have 2names), this can be a problem? Thanks in advance for the help

Hello we have the same problem, i would like to know if you send your paper to CIC whit the problem and what was the results.
really appreciate your response

Julilay

Jun 18, 2013
hello I would like to help me, a month ago I received my CSQ in and second name was a mistake and wrote xxxxxxm and my name is written xxxxn, some people have told me that this is not such a problem to change the CSQ that I can apply the federal.

Someone here has this happened???

Help!

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Julilay said:
Everyone!
I got my CSQ yesterday in the mail.. What is the next step? What can I do with that? Also in all the forms my second name is wrong (I have 2names), this can be a problem? Thanks in advance for the help

Give the CIC a call and check they have your names correct there first, ask them about the CSQ but I think they'll advise you to call Quebec too because the CSQ is your gateway to healthcare card and other things and I think they will need the details to be correct.

snp30011

Mar 16, 2013
I have a question for all of you. While we are waiting for my husband AIP this month or the next one, already got his CSQ, his visitor visa already expired(he has US papers and already applied for extension 7 months ago for a total of 1 year) Since his visitor visa was issued by canada government, it says among several conditions as prohibited from engaging in employment in canada or attending any educational institution, and must leave the country by jun 13th 2013, the day he entered was jun 13th 2012. However, it clearly states underneath, under remarks as follows: Temporary resident status maintained as per R183(6) .CR/QRC.
Does it means, he should've renewed his visa for a second time before Jun13th 2013?, an immigration officer told him over the phone, a 2nd visa extension, wasn't necessary at all, as long as a temporary resident status has been granted. What do you think about it?

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
I had my landing interview today!

It was so full. some people had to stand in the room because all the chairs were taken.
A women spoke 10 minutes and then we were called directly. The women was nice and it took maybe 10 more minutes. she wanted to see my passport, my old work permit, CSQ and the proof of undertaking.
After her, i was called to Service Canada and i got directly my new social insurance number!
After 30 Minutes i was finished with everything!! Yipiiiiihh ;D

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Congrats Serenity! Must feel amaaaaazing!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Congrats Serenity!

Wow, I didn't imagine that so many people were in the room, because here is Quebec, not Ontario. :p

Serenity482 said:
I had my landing interview today!

It was so full. some people had to stand in the room because all the chairs were taken.
A women spoke 10 minutes and then we were called directly. The women was nice and it took maybe 10 more minutes. she wanted to see my passport, my old work permit, CSQ and the proof of undertaking.
After her, i was called to Service Canada and i got directly my new social insurance number!
After 30 Minutes i was finished with everything!! Yipiiiiihh ;D

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013